Attends with inner plastic liner

70sPampers said:
Many ABDLs that I have spoken to who remember what those vintage Attends were like say that they were basically adult versions of Luvs diapers (also made by P&G). Was that your impression also? Do you even remember what Luvs diapers were like so that you could compare them?

Here are some full sized photos to jog your memory...

View attachment 81064View attachment 81065View attachment 81066View attachment 81067View attachment 81068
Wow this takes me down memory lane. Living in Canada we didn’t have the Luvs brand available when I was a teen but we saw the TV ads a lot. It was the first diaper with shape I’d ever seen. When on vacation with my parents in Florida I went to a 711 and bought a pack to try them out. I stashed them in the spare tire compartment of the rental car. How’s that for high level evasion tactics? 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, theancientmariner, wowser81 and 2 others
@BabyTweetyBird that embossed plastic was intoxicating. I think the ranking of any diaper in my book starts with the quality of the plastic.
I remember the Attends in the box had micropore plastic. Those were pre waistband models too. I didn’t love them compared to the next gen in the early 90’s but they were revolutionary compared to anything else available at the time. I lived in a Toronto suburb and took public transit to a place called Doncaster Medical to buy them. Any Canadians remember that place?

Reactions: jdm66 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
What I miss about Attends: they were super-super soft...and the old ones used to have a very nice perfume which wasn't quite Pampers but still nice to smell.
When I saw this thread my first thought was how I liked the smell. These were the first adult diapers I used in the mid-80s. I also liked their plastic-backed belted garments for light protection in the day when that was still enough for me.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Hey everyone out there who misses vintage Attends diapers, but cannot afford the gouged pricing, sorry for the blatant "advert" but there is a current eBay auction going on right now (as of the date of this posting) for some vintage Elasticos Noche diapers by Biomedical (ABS). These diapers were made in Spain. Looking at the photos, they are reminiscent of vintage Attends, right? And they are not as expensive! They have super buttery smooth plastic that catches the light just right, and feature a soft-looking lining. They come with four blue tapes per diaper. This bag of medium diapers is opened but for someone looking for an Attends "knockoff" these just might work. The seller is in the USA (not Spain). My personal size for adult diapers is Medium so I might just put these on my wishlist if the seller has more in an unopened bag for a good price.

Check them out here:

In case the link is not working, here are just the photos:
Elasticos Noche1.jpgElasticos Noche2.jpgElasticos Noche3.jpgElasticos Noche4.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, Sgdlboy, wowser81 and 4 others
MikeDJ said:
Boy would I love for there to be some replicas of these made today....Id buy a ton.
Maybe we can start getting a group of interested people together to find someone to manufacture them. If they were made in the past, I'm sure they could be made again. Anyone up for working on this with me?

• Love
Reactions: Absorblock, Deleted member 56273 and 70sPampers
Also, wanted to share this... quite a write up on some of the history of Attends Micropore

Prior to Goodnites, an older bedwetting child had little choice but to wear a bulky diaper. Attends originally started manufacturing these diapers 1978 in this Size... labeled on the package as Small/Child

It was a thickly padded diaper, with carefully placed leg cuffs. It used a hard thick crinkly plastic reminiscent of Pampers Diapers from the 1980's

Taking Proctor & Gambles experience in the baby diaper Market (with the brand Pampers and Luvs) The diapers were carefully designed. The leg cuffs helped push the Bulk of the diaper to all the right places, creating a feeling that felt thick and bulky, but was comfortable for a child to walk or play in if they had to wear the diaper during the day.

The Attends diapers Gave parents a way to keep their bedwetting child or teen in disposable diapers once they outgrew traditional baby diaper such as Pampers, Luvs or Huggies. Small Adults would also be able to fit into this size, however when the diaper first came out, this size was marketed towards bedwetters who were too old for traditional baby diapers, but too small for adult "briefs"

These Diapers feature an inside liner that Attends diapers became well known for. It was called "micropore." Essentially it is a plastic liner on the inside of the diaper (the part that would touch the skin.). This gave diaper giving these diapers a really unique feeling against the skin. Basically the Child was wearing a diaper that was plastic on the outside, thick permadry fibers (giving the diaper its bulk) sandwiched between a Plastic liner with many small holes which Attends called the "micropore" liner. This makes the inside liner stick to the skin reminding the child the diaper is alway there, as it would feel like it needed to be peeled away constantly and stick to the skin.

Like it or not, if you were a bedwetter in the 1980's and your parents wanted a "solution" to wet sheets in the middle of the night, these were one of the few products readily available. Also, in this era, betwetting had a lot more of a stigma attached to it.(oftentimes with shame and humiliation) Attends Diapers in size Small/Child, now gave parents a way to turn the threat of "being put back in diapers" for bedwetting, into a reality. If a child continued to wet the bed after they had out grown baby diapers, parents could go to the local Store or Pharmacy and purchase Attends diapers for the child. Although being back in diapers may have been humiliating or embarrassing for the child, it relieved the parent or child of having to change wet sheets in the middle of the night, and also improve the sleep quality of the child.

It wouldn't be until 1994 (16 years after Attends were introduced) when Kimberly-Clark come out with Goodnites. The brand worked to reduce the stigma of bedwetting and help educate parents on how common it was to have a bedwetting child. (see photo) During the 1994-2000 time period Attends were still a widely popular choice of parents, as parents still held the belief that the threat of being put back in diapers and the humiliation of being diapered would help "encourage" a child if they were deemed as just being "lazy" by the parent. Also, comparativel,y Super absorbent Polymers (SAP) were still not as advanced as they are today and parents still had a trust in Disposable Diaper Like products (such as Attends) for bedwetting children.

When Kimberly-Clarlk updated there Goodnites Website in Fall of 2002, they took direct aim at the competition. In the section of the website reaching out to Kids (the tab Called Kids, You're not alone). There is a link for kids to click for "3 reasons to try GoodNites"
Their #1 marketing point to kids was to remind them that they could be put back in baby diapers (like the Attends), so be sure to ask your parents for GoodNites. (see pic). Otherwise you might end up back in baby diapers.

Eventually more and more parents decided to use pull-up type products and now attends diapers made in this style are no longer available.

Enjoy a piece of Diaper history in your collection.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Absorblock, JJ1980, 70sPampers and 3 others
AttendsDiapers said:
Maybe we can start getting a group of interested people together to find someone to manufacture them. If they were made in the past, I'm sure they could be made again. Anyone up for working on this with me?
Hello and welcome.

There are many requests for an exact recreation of the coveted P&G-era Attends diapers with the 6 baby blue tabs, elastic waistband, 4 canary yellow wetness indicators, comfort leg cuffs and that super soft, crinkly 'n' glossy white plastic.

Reactions: 70sPampers, Subtlerustle and BobbiSueEllen
BabyTweetyBird said:
Hello and welcome.

There are many requests for an exact recreation of the coveted P&G-era Attends diapers with the 6 baby blue tabs, elastic waistband, 4 canary yellow wetness indicators, comfort leg cuffs and that super soft, crinkly 'n' glossy white plastic.
Gosh do I wish they would come back . Just as long as they didn’t clump up .

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 56273
stinkape said:
Gosh do I wish they would come back . Just as long as they didn’t clump up .
Would be very nice if they implement modern absorbency as a huge improvement.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and theancientmariner
BabyTweetyBird said:
Hello and welcome.

I would definitely put my investment into a recreation of those vintage Attends, with all of the features @BabyTweetyBird just mentioned... with the exception of ONE feature: as an investor I would request that a "specialized" line be produced that featured diamond-embossed plastic in place of the glossy white plastic. This would result in a version of Attends that was NEVER produced, and indeed is a "missing" version of adult diapers altogether: an adult, hourglass diaper that features plastic similar to a vintage 70s Pampers diaper!

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner and Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
I would definitely put my investment into a recreation of those vintage Attends, with all of the features @BabyTweetyBird just mentioned... with the exception of ONE feature: as an investor I would request that a "specialized" line be produced that featured diamond-embossed plastic in place of the glossy white plastic. This would result in a version of Attends that was NEVER produced, and indeed is a "missing" version of adult diapers altogether: an adult, hourglass diaper that features plastic similar to a vintage 70s Pampers diaper!
In a few words you want an adult brief with all the aforementioned features and taffeta-embossed plastics instead of plain buttery smooth.

This «missing» versions from both Luvs and Attends are the prototypes which - supposedly but not likely - had this specific type of plastic on them.

When P&G finalized the new hourglass design they opted for plain buttery smooth plastics which were later adopted on fanfold-styled Pampers in the 1980s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to make your own plastic like liner that you can put in your own diaper super glued over the padding with holes all over it to recreate these old school Attends?

Blacksmith said:
Here is a picture of a 1995 one
Oh I miss those!, the plastic was buttery soft and its smelled like a true diaper

Reactions: PaddedRita
I don't think it would work over top a nonwoven sheet. The micro pore sheet took the place of the non woven top sheet.

Antientmariner said:
Would it be possible to make your own plastic like liner that you can put in your own diaper super glued over the padding with holes all over it to recreate these old school Attends?
I have bought cheap unbranded sanitary towels before when I couldn’t afford anything better and sometimes they have a lining very similar to the photos of the attends, having never used the old style attends I can’t say they were completely identical but it certainly looked the same, plasticy with little holes. If somebody wants to recreate the old school diapers by sticking in a liner using cheap sanitary towels would be a much easier way to do it! Unfortunately I can’t remember specifically which brands were like this, only that they were cheap and not the major brands.

Last edited:
Posted a few photos of these earlier in this thread, but recently found a few more... I still cannot get over how insanely SHINY these Elasticos adult diapers are!!! In my opinion, these are the only ones I have seen so far that rival vintage Attends diapers in terms of "shiny-ness!" Most adult diapers that I am familiar with are sort of "matte" textured in their plastic, but not these puppies!! I'm not really into buttery-smooth diapers, but, man-oh-man, would I love to see how these feel next to my skin! Something about super shiny white diapers screams "arousal" to me.

Here is the complete set of photos that I have on these Italian-made diapers:

Elasticos Noche1.jpgElasticos Noche2.jpgElasticos Noche3.jpgElasticos Noche4.jpgElasticos Noche5.jpgElasticos Noche6.jpgElasticos Noche7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and Subtlerustle
I always like how they Attends felt the softness and comfy they was !!

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers and Deleted member 56273
So interestingly, when you wear any disposable diaper you have plastic next to your skin. The topsheet is a non-woven (spun) polyester usually.

Reactions: 70sPampers
I started to wear the Attends diapers with the plastic micropore lining for bed wetting when I was a 14 year old boy. It was 1983. The size was small/child and the diapers were white, then they changed them to light blue which I liked better. They had that super soft smooth thick plastic that felt so good while wearing them in bed. It made me sleep better than not wearing one to bed. I’m one the few people that liked the plastic micropore lining. I didn’t like it at first, but after a while of wearing them, I got used to the plastic micropore lining. My mother bought them for me and I been wearing them ever since until they stopped making them around 2007. I was disappointed. That plastic micropore lining was nice feeling when you pee in them. It made my wiener slide around on it which made it hard and l would ejaculate. The little holes in the lining and since it is plastic, it makes a perfect diaper to pleasure yourself in. When I would poop, my butt would slide around on the micropore lining and spreading the poop everywhere inside. I miss them so much. I hope someday there will be a reproduction of them with that infamous micropore plastic lining.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDideeboy
jamesattends said:
Hi everyone,

Did anyone wear these back in the day? IS there anything like them available?

They were later known as the Attends Classic, which had four tapes. The inner lining was a perforated plastic sheet.

Thankyou
I still have one saved here in my vintage collection. The ABDL vlogger N3KO does a review of them on YouTube.... she's lovely 🤗

Back