As a child, how accepting were your parents with your desire to wear nappies/diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first my mother didn't want me to, but after my wetting at night persisted long enough, she relented. We never told my father. To my knowledge.

My mother wanted to get me out of them ASAP, but I uh, started liking them. Once I stopped wetting as often, I told my mother about it, and told her I still wanted them, just sort of because they felt comfortable and I liked them. She just decided that I hadn't stopped wetting frequently. Obviously I didn't like them, I had to still be wetting every night. Obviously.

So things were pretty okay.

My parents caught me a few times. Then one night after being caught with diapers in my bedroom that day, my Mother tried to shame me, I was 7. My younger brother was 2 at the time and was on the change mate on the floor being put in his night diaper. I was in my pj's, When my mother finished diapering him she called me over and said now for the big baby lye down on the mat. I remember it clear as if it where yesterday. I went red and said no, but my parents where not people to disobey.
Crying I lay down and my mother pulled my pj's bottom off. She powdered and diapered me. I was sent to bed in only a diaper and my pj shirt. I asked for my pants but was told if I want to be a baby I can't hide it anymore. My older brother made fun of me and I when to bed.
It was the only time my mother diapered me like this. I think she realised that she had made a mistake that I was happy because that night I sleep right through to morning (I used to wake up a few times in the night and yell to my parents). It was one of the best nights of my childhood. I slept like a baby, hang on I am a baby lol.

Another time my parents caught me was when I was about 9, we where at my Grand Parents place and my cousins were there for a family BBQ. One of my cousins was still in diapers. I snuck some of his diaper out of the pack and when to the spare room. My Grandmother saw me in the spare room playing on the ground with some baby toys they had for the younger kids in only my tshirt and diaper. She got my mother. I didn't notice them as I was totally in little space crawling on the ground playing. It was late afternoon, my mother picked me up and took me to the crib my Grandmother kept for the smaller kids. She put me in it and told me if you want to be a baby then it is nap time. She was very upset cause I had wet my diaper along with being in baby space playing. I worried what was going to happen, but super happy to be in the crib. I was made to spread the night in the crib. I remember my mum and grandmother coming in late and tucking me in, giving me a bottle and my Terry bear. My mum said I could enjoy being a baby that night but it was to be the last and final time. I was made to promise no more baby play. I was told in the morning I was to grow up. Second best nights sleep in my childhood.
After that I was banned from any baby activity. I was told I am not a baby and to grow up or else.
My parents though they had fixed it after that night.
I didn't stop I just got better at hiding it.

Since that last time for some reason on special occasions when family and friends around my Father delights it telling everyone and I mean everyone "do you remember when drew used to wear baby diapers and think he was a 9 year old baby".

He doesn't realise I am still a baby and I still wear diapers.
My wife has some baby pic's she took of me in little space and is always saying to me when my father starts, can I show him the true you, can I show him the cutes baby in the world.
I always say no.

As a child I had accidents at night off / on. So wearing plastic underpants over my training underwear and with a snap on pj top to the waistband was fairly common for me up to age 5 / 6. Age 7 I think I did not wear anymore but at age 8 I had my first sleepover and totally saturated my friend's bed. His mother had me back in protection and I was actually thankful for it. I had a plastic mattress cover on my bed until age 11 or 12 and when I bought my own plastic underpants secretly at age 13 or 14 I think my mother knew I slept in them (probably saw them in my underwear drawer?) and from my bed-wetting days she probably thought I needed them for at least the thought of not having to worry about waking up in wet sheets. I know my dad saw my plastic underpants the first summer I came home from college but he just made a strange face and said nothing else and asked me the question he originally came into my room to get an answer for. They knew if I had them I had a good reason based on former nighttime accidents and I could have talked to them about it if I needed. My folks were great.

For me it was a different story My Mother made me see the doc about my constant bedwetting and I was given nappies to wear at night. From then on it was normal for me to wear a nappy at night which I did until I was finally dry at night in my 20's. Most nights my mother would say to me don't forget to put your nappy on.

ST50 said:
For me it was a different story My Mother made me see the doc about my constant bedwetting and I was given nappies to wear at night. From then on it was normal for me to wear a nappy at night which I did until I was finally dry at night in my 20's. Most nights my mother would say to me don't forget to put your nappy on.

It's refreshing to see people that have had parents that react thoughtfully rather than think they can shame or beat the bedwetting out of you.

I wasnt shamed or anything but definitely wore diapers at night like you did. I was also in daytime diapers for wetting also until I was 6 or so.

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back