Are trial packages worth a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungPixel

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello guys, I think that the title says it all but let me explain.

At the moment I've only tried two different "proper" diapers (pull-ups are not included), which are Crinklz and BetterDry.
I am interested in trying a wider variety of products so I've seen that there is a trial package on france-abdl which includes 13 different abdl-styled diapers. The price is around €30 ($32 moreless) and I'm just asking if you think that these type of packages are worth their price.

I've seen that they also offer the new Abu Preschool (10 diapers per case) for just €18.

Just asking for your opinion :p
Cheers!

Link here: http://www.france-abdl.fr/couches/137-pack-d-essai-motifs-taille-m.html

I'd consider them almost mandatory for each different diaper. Since I buy a case at a time, I don't see that it makes sense to wind up with a case of something I may not like. I got burned with a case of Secure Plus from Bambino that were on a good sale. I had liked the old version of their more basic diaper but the changes were too substantial and I slogged my way through 96 diapers I really disliked. Diapers are so personal, I don't generally see a good recommendation as sufficient, either. It's not always practical but any time it is, I'll sample a new product before buying deeply.

I always try a sample pack before buying a full bag. I usually fall somewhere between a medium and large depending on the brand so I usually will get a pack that offers both so I can see which I prefer. I like that sample you linked because it offers a lot of different products, which is a great way to see which brand you like the most.

a lot of people recommend trying samples before buying a case and it's generally a good idea. Though to be honest having a 30-34 inch waist any "medium" sized diapers should fit fine the question is if the diapers themselves are good enough for whatever your activity may be.

ABU and Rearz have the best samplers available right now afaik

YoungPixel said:
Hello guys, I think that the title says it all but let me explain.

At the moment I've only tried two different "proper" diapers (pull-ups are not included), which are Crinklz and BetterDry.
I am interested in trying a wider variety of products so I've seen that there is a trial package on france-abdl which includes 13 different abdl-styled diapers. The price is around €30 ($32 moreless) and I'm just asking if you think that these type of packages are worth their price.

I've seen that they also offer the new Abu Preschool (10 diapers per case) for just €18.

Just asking for your opinion :p
Cheers!

Link here: http://www.france-abdl.fr/couches/137-pack-d-essai-motifs-taille-m.html

Well after 30 days, the diapers become useless. (jokes aside)

dunno, never had to try them, I just buy according to my weight, i look at my underware see the size, and buy diapers in that rage, for example 60-70cm is my underwear so I get diapers around 60-80cms

I'm a big guy, so I must try samples before I buy because I wear the upper echelon of sizes. (XL) So size is really picky with me. I know HDIS offers sample packs for $9.99 and you can try a pretty decent range of diapers. Some cheap, some decent. The only problem is you end up on their mailing list and constantly get coupons and emails from them.

lilbing said:
I'm a big guy, so I must try samples before I buy because I wear the upper echelon of sizes. (XL) So size is really picky with me. I know HDIS offers sample packs for $9.99 and you can try a pretty decent range of diapers. Some cheap, some decent. The only problem is you end up on their mailing list and constantly get coupons and emails from them.

They should give you an unsuscribe link.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, I think I'll go with that sample package. If you know any other EU distributor please leave the link here.
Avoid abdlfactory and nappiesrus as their shipping cost to Spain is high.

Thanks!

Short answer is yes definitely worth trying the majority of those but you really really need to keep notes on each one and make sure you use them and then work out what you will order later on.

Only negatives about that pack I could see is the 1. ABU SDK is a version 1... They do have a Lavender which is SDKv2 equivalent and 2. A pampers anything but maybe you should keep that as a cute momento or use as a stuffer for the SDKv1.

If you mean the same deal which is in a website called the advocates factory I also have looked at that deal but haven't got any yet as the prices are quite steap when it comes to delivery from Germany to the UK.

On the whole I prefer the free trial packages which you can get from Tena or iD slip although they only will give you one per pack which sucks because of the fact that I can't always afford to buy diapers on my low budget because of the fact I lost my job last year because of factors outside of my control and a switch in ownership.

If all goes well though at some point next year then I will have a new paid job and will be in care because of my disabilities and I know most people don't look forward to going into care but in my case if I can help me to get diapers for free or at a discounted price then it's worth it as I have disabilities that I have had for a long time and they aren't getting any better I am 36 years of age just so you know because I am not faking anything.

I wear diapers in large adult size because I cannot fit into baby diapers, and although I like wearing them I wouldn't consider this is because I am a self proclaimed abdl or something similar but because I need them for both physical and psycologal reasons I have mentioned in my earlier replies.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

Samples are good if you have no idea what size you need to wear, or if they will even fit your body shape. However, in order to actually test a diaper out you need more than just 1 or 2 diapers. It takes several days and nights, and under different scenarios, to really get a good idea if it will work for you or not. This requires about one full bag to fully test out one kind of diaper. Only after this would I ever buy a full case of diapers though. Risking loosing that much money on on several dozen diapers you might not be able to use doesn't make financial sense.

Slomo said:
Samples are good if you have no idea what size you need to wear, or if they will even fit your body shape. However, in order to actually test a diaper out you need more than just 1 or 2 diapers. It takes several days and nights, and under different scenarios, to really get a good idea if it will work for you or not. This requires about one full bag to fully test out one kind of diaper. Only after this would I ever buy a full case of diapers though. Risking loosing that much money on on several dozen diapers you might not be able to use doesn't make financial sense.

Yeah, that's why I posted this. I can get 20 Preschools' for almost the same price, and I am sure they'll hold up a lot. Without saying that P&P is like $12, which "turns me off".

Slomo said:
It takes several days and nights, and under different scenarios, to really get a good idea if it will work for you or not. This requires about one full bag to fully test out one kind of diaper.

Agreed. A sample of two really doesn't do it justice. It can take more than that just to get the tapes right.

I think getting a small sampler pack is good to eliminate those diapers that you really don't like and to narrow down the diapers you really want to try. Then step up to a bag to see if the diapers will really work for your situation. Only then can you make a realistic choice among all the diapers out there in getting a full case so that cost-per-diaper is lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back