Are sissies disappearing?

I’ve always thought it strange that it’s fine for girls to wear boys’ clothes - shorts, trousers, etc, but if a boy wants to wear a dress or skirt it’s treated as being odd.

I do think things are getting a bit better though.

When I first started going out dressed when I was 14 it was far less common. Now I don’t really get any problems with anyone.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, BlameBaby, sissygirlpink and 1 other person
diddles said:
I think the thread’s title can be taken in two way.
Option #2 :) To clarify: I do not believe there are less boys/men who want to dress like girls, and you hit the nail on the head with your statement.

diddles said:
Many people will probably also assume that they are homosexual
Yes, I think thats also true. When I was a kid, and referred to as "sensative" it was a polite suggestion that I was gay. I suspect others from that time can relate. While it was not meant to be denigrating, it was a clear assumption that me (dressing like a girl) was bona fide proof that I was gay.
diddles said:
...that might well be the case for the general population, but not, for sure, the LGBTQ community who see all the colours of the 🌈
I believe that.

All this came into a question for me after both of my sisters, who are public school teachers, have commented over the last decade or so how many students, boys in particular, identify as transgendered. Admittedly this was NOT talked about when I was in school, and I agree that the unwillingness of that society to consider/accept such a person likely kept the topic unspoken of and buried deep. I'm sure one of my friends was one such person, but when I'm told now its not uncommon to have two in the same classroom, a dozen in a class of 100, I have a hard time believing those numbers when compared against nationwide incidence. By the same token, I also cannot believe sissies/cross-dressers are mislabeled into the same category for the same reason mentioned above (local trend v. national trend). If this isn't a circular argument with myself, I have no idea what is :p
Ali123 said:
I’ve always thought it strange that it’s fine for girls to wear boys’ clothes - shorts, trousers, etc, but if a boy wants to wear a dress or skirt it’s treated as being odd.

Agreed on both thoughts.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Reactions: diddles and Luvshugs
Ali123 said:

When I first started going out dressed when I was 14 it was far less common. Now I don’t really get any problems with anyone.
I mentioned something earlier today to someone but have a listen to the Madonna track “what if feels like for a girl”. It’s true!

Jenny

🥰🥰

SissyJenny2 said:
listen to the Madonna track “what if feels like for a girl”. It’s true!

I prefer Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun" :)

Tommy10 said:
A little history: I wore my first sissy outfit when I was 8 years old (1988). The adult who made this possible did so to help me be happy and express myself, and so I could twirl :). A few years ago I asked this woman why she helped me, and she said it was because I was "sensitive," that I really enjoyed it (and I did!) and because it was just plain cute.

I wonder, given the attention transgender receives today, and if I were 8 years old today, if it would be the same. Would I be assumed to be transgender immediately"? I think so. Being a sissy boy has never been accepted very much, and I think being a sissy is very diluted and confused with being transgendered. Point is: if a boy wants to dress like a girl, I think him being a sissy or a cross-dresser is the last consideration. And I will say this is not a shot as transgender people - I'm glad they are able to be themselves now more than ever, nor should they take a step back so sissies can have some of the spotlight. I just think there is little awareness for the man/boy (who loves being a man/boy) who also loves to dress like a girl.

Thoughts?
I'm not a sissy but if you punch me I'll cry like a sissy you better believe it I don't even call you guys sissy anymore because it's rather rude , because it takes a high mental additude to get back up on your pony and ride again. just because someone likes unicorns ponytails and likes to dress doesn't really make them more or less of a man to be darlingly honest. so darn what I like to be called honey baby, cupcake, boo boo..does that mean I'm a sissy no...it means I have a softer heart for other people because life is to short to give a dirty diaper poop about the people that look down on you. that's the truth and I'm sticking to it with a sassy attitude.. hi yahh.. 👋 hopefully it slapped some sense into the morons that treat you guys like this.. and yes it's ok to show your emotions even though I'm a MAN..soo being a man I'm not allowed to feel bad , she'd a tear, oh give a man a present because I knew he needed it.. I might as well be a sissy right with you guys =0

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvshugs and OnePiece
DizzyDizzyDinosaur said:
I don't even call you guys sissy anymore because it's rather rude
Point taken. Speaking only for myself, I don't find the term rude at all, just as I don't find "tomboy" rude. I think it's a cool term and I own it :)

Reactions: BlameBaby
Tommy10 said:
Point taken. Speaking only for myself, I don't find the term rude at all, just as I don't find "tomboy" rude. I think it's a cool term and I own it :)
I get it but men don't need to be called sissy boys ither.. they are just men with a female tendency.. and that's 👌... I've been called sissy boy my whole life and I'm nottt a sissy boy.. Hahaha nor are they...I'm a fighter ohh am I a fighter from above.. I have eyes like fire that glisten with life..

Last edited:
DizzyDizzyDinosaur said:
I get it but men don't need to be called sissy boys ither.. they are just men with a female tendency.. and that's 👌... I've been called sissy boy my whole life and I'm nottt a sissy boy.. Hahaha nor are they...I'm a fighter ohh am I a fighter from above.. I have eyes like fire that glisten with life.. and by the way you should own it if you like it I won't judge you because I believe in my heart that no one should be judged based on there own judgment of what they should or shouldn't do. that's just someone trying to live life.. even if people find it weird..what's the point in making fun of someone when it's been there whole life. it's not like you will offend then if you call them by what they like will you haha

Last edited:
Tommy10 said:
All this came into a question for me after both of my sisters, who are public school teachers, have commented over the last decade or so how many students, boys in particular, identify as transgendered.
Strange. Here in Scandinavia there is a majority of girls that identify as transgendered and want to change.

I'll move to another topic. that's less triggering

why can't we just call people that are overly sensitive well sensitive me that seems more fitting to me. Bcause he's been though alot and we lash out where called sissies? yep that's kinda putting duck tape on someone's mouth telling them to shut up then calling them weak. if they are claiming to be weak we got a major problem. men or people that dress as girls.. hmm what if that man never has a father and grew up with his mother and 50 other women in his life does that make him less of a man.. No way! what happened to Mabey he's damaged but I'll treat him the same. sissy just to me is a way above and beyond word it targets the person and makes them act and pretend like they are weak when they are strong. I guess the word sissy really triggers me

Reactions: diddles
Tommy10 said:
A little history: I wore my first sissy outfit when I was 8 years old (1988). The adult who made this possible did so to help me be happy and express myself, and so I could twirl :). A few years ago I asked this woman why she helped me, and she said it was because I was "sensitive," that I really enjoyed it (and I did!) and because it was just plain cute.

I wonder, given the attention transgender receives today, and if I were 8 years old today, if it would be the same. Would I be assumed to be transgender immediately"? I think so. Being a sissy boy has never been accepted very much, and I think being a sissy is very diluted and confused with being transgendered. Point is: if a boy wants to dress like a girl, I think him being a sissy or a cross-dresser is the last consideration. And I will say this is not a shot as transgender people - I'm glad they are able to be themselves now more than ever, nor should they take a step back so sissies can have some of the spotlight. I just think there is little awareness for the man/boy (who loves being a man/boy) who also loves to dress like a girl.

Thoughts?
"Transgender" = a meaningless noun that is applied by psych and sexologists to dis-enable very talented, very individualist, beautiful people to give them something to treat and condition. I bought it to get me through surgery many many years ago but think that out own understanding through our own language is the only valid way to live. Post-OP from thirty yeats ago and I still think Sissy is more evocative....K

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64 and BlameBaby
OnePiece said:
Strange. Here in Scandinavia there is a majority of girls that identify as transgendered and want to change.

That is curious. Any ideas on why that might be?

Tommy10 said:

I also own being a ‘sissy’, and if I was called ‘sensitive’ (which I used to be but aren’t anymore) I would say no, I’m a sissy. ‘Sissy’ is derived from Sister and that’s fine with me.

Reactions: Tommy10
unfortunately is not in me to be unsensitive which is a blessing but a total nightmare waiting to happen at times. I'm a natural born 6'3 retired cage fighter so what do you expect

McGregor would stand proud aye..

BabieKimie said:
"Transgender" = a meaningless noun that is applied by psych and sexologists to dis-enable very talented, very individualist, beautiful people to give them something to treat and condition. I bought it to get me through surgery many many years ago but think that out own understanding through our own language is the only valid way to live. Post-OP from thirty yeats ago and I still think Sissy is more evocative....K

A ‘rose’ by any other name. They are just names, and not all ‘transgenders’ are ‘sissies’ just as not all sissies are transgenders. What is wrong with life is that we have to generalise in order to be able to communicate, but generalising inevitably causes misunderstandings. I’m a ‘sissy’ because…. yada, yada.. would be my definition of me being a ‘sissy’, but, inevitably not everyone’s. I started a thread on this exact topic a few days ago, but had it deleted after a few hours because the very first post had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. We are doomed to, and will continue to misunderstand each other because life is just too complicated to get right. I know what sort of ‘sissy’ I am, but it would take me a lot of time and work to find out what sort of sissy Tommy10 is if he even identifies as being a ‘sissy’ as opposed to being a transsexual. Technically a sissy is different to a transvestite who is different to a transsexual who is different to a sissy, and names are needed to elucidate those differences.

Reactions: Tommy10 and BlameBaby
diddles said:
They are just names, and not all ‘transgenders’ are ‘sissies’ just as not all sissies are transgenders.
Exactly :)

diddles said:
it would take me a lot of time and work to find out what sort of sissy Tommy10 is
Sissy, and always have been. Not a transexual, not a transgender, just a sissy :)

Reactions: diddles
BabieKimie said:
A ‘rose’ by any other name. They are just names, and not all ‘transgenders’ are ‘sissies’ just as not all sissies are transgenders. What is wrong with life is that we have to generalise in order to be able to communicate, but generalising inevitably causes misunderstandings. I’m a ‘sissy’ because…. yada, yada.. would be my definition of me being a ‘sissy’, but, inevitably not everyone’s. I started a thread on this exact topic a few days ago, but had it deleted after a few hours because the very first post had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. We are doomed to, and will continue to misunderstand each other because life is just too complicated to get right. I know what sort of ‘sissy’ I am, but it would take me a lot of time and work to find out what sort of sissy Tommy10 is if he even identifies as being a ‘sissy’ as opposed to being a transsexual. Technically a sissy is different to a transvestite who is different to a transsexual who is different to a sissy, and names are needed to elucidate those differences.
Very well said. Here in the UK F to M are overtaking M to F - which are heard of a lot less.

BabieKimie said:
Very well said. Here in the UK F to M are overtaking M to F - which are heard of a lot less.
Hello BabieKimmie :) Do you think that perhaps F to M's are starting to come out of the closet more because M to F's are becoming more public about being '.........' so what should I call M to F's and F to M's if I can't use the Noun 'Transgenders'? I was born in 1955 so nuff said about me being 'old school'. I must admit though I much prefer the words 'sissy', 'poofter', and 'queer', to transexual, homosexual, etc. I don't like 'gay' either. Besides, I'm proud to be a 'sissy' and I like the term, and if I was a homosexual I would call myself a 'poofter' too. I'm just cute like that 😇

Reactions: Luvshugs
Back