Are sissies disappearing?

Tommy10

Middle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
A little history: I wore my first sissy outfit when I was 8 years old (1988). The adult who made this possible did so to help me be happy and express myself, and so I could twirl :). A few years ago I asked this woman why she helped me, and she said it was because I was "sensitive," that I really enjoyed it (and I did!) and because it was just plain cute.

I wonder, given the attention transgender receives today, and if I were 8 years old today, if it would be the same. Would I be assumed to be transgender immediately"? I think so. Being a sissy boy has never been accepted very much, and I think being a sissy is very diluted and confused with being transgendered. Point is: if a boy wants to dress like a girl, I think him being a sissy or a cross-dresser is the last consideration. And I will say this is not a shot as transgender people - I'm glad they are able to be themselves now more than ever, nor should they take a step back so sissies can have some of the spotlight. I just think there is little awareness for the man/boy (who loves being a man/boy) who also loves to dress like a girl.

Thoughts?

• Thinking
Reactions: Luvshugs and BobbiSueEllen
I haven’t given it much thought I remember being a child around the same age as you I wore a pull-up and slid one of my cousins dress on and danced around the room. I know if I’d been caught I would have been disciplined for such an action. In HS I went to school with panties and pantyhose on underneath my regular clothes, all of that stopped until a few years ago when I started exploring that side again. I remember being at a yard sale and seeing a cute dress and I just wanted to wear it, it seemed to come out of nowhere I shook it off and went about but found myself back there and the dress was still there so I bought it and tried it on later in the day

Reactions: Angelapinks, diddles, rbm and 2 others
Not here! I love dressing and feeling like a toddler girl in a cute toddler dress, cute shoes and diapers! 🥳🤗👧🥰

And with a binky, bottle, blankie an' a huuuuuuge teddy bear! 🧸🍼

• Love
Reactions: piper23, Deleted member 57387, babypp and 3 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
Not here! I love dressing and feeling like a toddler girl in a cute toddler dress, cute shoes and diapers! 🥳🤗👧🥰

And with a binky, bottle, blankie an' a huuuuuuge teddy bear! 🧸🍼
That’s me too!! I have a lot of dresses that have come from lilkink.com and some Etsy I’ve seen a few from little for big but won’t support them. I have three pairs of Mary Jane shoes one of the is similar to the old buster brown Mary Jane. Paci’s, socks, bottles, onesies and nighties I have and love them all.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Luvshugs
The question is not "do you like dressing up" or "how did this start for you?"

There are other topics/posts were the answers to those questions are better suited.

Then what precisely are you looking for? I think you have enough evidence that sissies are not disappearing...wait a little longer for more responses and you'll find your answer.

Reactions: Angelapinks
To answer that question, Are sissies disappearing? I wouldn’t think so. I believe, it’s more of acceptance, tolerance ( if that’s a right word to use), and the feeling of freedom to engage in such pursuits. I think, it’s just the inhibitions that are disappearing.
I was born in the early 60’s, (l hope I’m not that old 😬) and I have seen a lot of change, in how people perceive things, and ideas. Allot of the walls, have come down. There’s still some, who will raze an eyebrow, or snicker, or point a finger of scorn, but there are enough people who understand better, and know it’s ok.

Reactions: Angelapinks, diddles, stuckin60s and 1 other person
Luvshugs said:
To answer that question, Are sissies disappearing? I wouldn’t think so. I believe, it’s more of acceptance, tolerance ( if that’s a right word to use), and the feeling of freedom to engage in such pursuits. I think, it’s just the inhibitions that are disappearing.
I was born in the early 60’s, (l hope I’m not that old 😬) and I have seen a lot of change, in how people perceive things, and ideas. Allot of the walls, have come down. There’s still some, who will raze an eyebrow, or snicker, or point a finger of scorn, but there are enough people who understand better, and know it’s ok.
I was born in 1970 and I would agree with the sentiment that there is increased tolerance and acceptance of different sexualities and gender presentations today than when we were children. A boy going to school in a dress in the late 70's? He likely would have been beaten by his peers at recess or (if school officials actually protected him) on his way home. Girls being tomboys was much more acceptable, but not the other way around. Now? Acceptance has taken a major step forward in many parts of the world.

There will be some of those who show their disdain for or attack (physically, verbally, and/or emotionally) a child that does not conform to what they consider "normal" but the numbers of those like that is dropping.

Reactions: Angelapinks, diddles, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 1 other person
I feel you are right. I think back in the 70's and 80's when I was young, there were more acceptance for a girl being a tomboy.
Not the other way around though. Later that changed again for girls.
But I think people now use the transgender term quickly if someone doesn't fit in the norm. Perhaps too quickly.
I wish there would be more room for people just being themselves no matter what they wear.

I have a nephew who would often use dresses when he was younger and was playing with his girl cousins.
His parents would let him do it, but his father wasn't too happy about it :)
Later, when he was reaching school age, he quit by himself. I don't know if there was comments from friends involved.

Reactions: Angelapinks, diddles, Tommy10 and 1 other person
AnalogRTO said:
I was born in 1970 and I would agree with the sentiment that there is increased tolerance and acceptance of different sexualities and gender presentations today than when we were children. A boy going to school in a dress in the late 70's? He likely would have been beaten by his peers at recess or (if school officials actually protected him) on his way home. Girls being tomboys was much more acceptable, but not the other way around. Now? Acceptance has taken a major step forward in many parts of the world.

There will be some of those who show their disdain for or attack (physically, verbally, and/or emotionally) a child that does not conform to what they consider "normal" but the numbers of those like that is dropping.
I agree there is much more tolerance now. But a boy dissing in girls clothes and maybe still wanting to be a boy is not welll accepted even now, but lets face it girls have had the luxury of crossdressing for a long time wearing boys or mens clothing without any or. little criticism at all.

Reactions: diddles, rbm, Tommy10 and 1 other person
OnePiece said:
But I think people now use the transgender term quickly if someone doesn't fit in the norm. Perhaps too quickly.
I wish there would be more room for people just being themselves no matter what they wear.
OK, thats kinda what I was thinking. Succinctly put.
stuckin60s said:
But a boy dissing in girls clothes and maybe still wanting to be a boy is not well accepted even now,
And yeah, I agree completely. I also think that in an effort to be "accepting," people will jump to the easiest conclusion: the boy/man is transgender. wanting to dress like a girl while asserting being a boy/man is a seems to be a mystery: "if you dress like a girl, you must want to be a girl" perhaps?

As someone I know once said (quite eloquently): "Nothing is black and white, there are tons of colors in between," and yet, : "if you dress like a girl, you must be a girl stuck in a boys body" seems to be the only possibility regarding acceptance. In my opinion, that is.

Reactions: diddles, stuckin60s, OnePiece and 2 others
Tommy10 said:
I wore my first sissy outfit when I was 8 years old (1988).

I wonder, given the attention transgender receives today, and if I were 8 years old today …. Would I be assumed to be transgender immediately"? I think so.

Probably

Tommy10 said:
Being a sissy boy has never been accepted very much, and I think being a sissy is very diluted and confused with being transgendered.

No it hasn’t, and, again, probably.

Tommy10 said:
Point is: if a boy wants to dress like a girl, I think him being a sissy or a cross-dresser is the last consideration.

I think you mean… if a boy wants to dress like a girl, I think him being (seen to be) a sissy or a cross-dresser is the last judgement that people would make about him? That is, most people would just assume he is transgendered rather than a ‘sissy’ boy.

If that is what you mean… probably.

Tommy10 said:
… I just think there is little awareness for the man/boy (who loves being a man/boy) who also loves to dress like a girl.

Thoughts?

My thought are… I think you are probably right that any boy/man (male) who likes to cross dress will probably, nowadays, be thought to be transsexual by many people. Many people will probably also assume that they are homosexual as well because any boy who wants to wear girls clothes MUST want to be a girl, and girls mostly are heterosexual, therefore, ipso facto, any boy/man who cross dresses is probably a transsexual homosexual ☹️

SIGH! 😔

But we all know that most people mostly see things in black vs white most of the time because life it just too difficult to understand (because it is so complex) if we don’t. And I also do most of the time, but not when it comes to gender, sexuality, and beingness because I have thought about these issues a great deal over my long life as a ‘sissy’ heterosexual, but possibly finsexual, male.

If I’m reading your post correctly you seem to be lamenting the fact that those boys/men that you refer to as being ‘sissies’ are in danger of being brought under, and indeed, lost under, the general umbrella term of ‘transsexual’. And that might well be the case for the general population, but not, for sure, the LGBTQ community who see all the colours of the 🌈

And that is why sites (and movements like the LGBTQ movement) like this one are so important. ‘Anyone adult who wants to wear and use a diaper is sick, perverted, disgusting, and should be in an institution’ I’m betting most people think. BUT WE ALL KNOW BETTER DON’T WE. And us ‘sissies’ know better than most of the other members on this site the difference between being a ‘sissy’, a cross dresser, a transvestite, and a transsexual is don’t we?

You posed a very good question Tommy, and I think you are right to lament the (apparent) cultural shift to seeing sissy men as being transsexuals. We are not! Though some of us are. I’m not though in spite of the fact I want to be a female (girl) No, I’m a different ‘being’ altogether.

So Tommy, if I may? Do you consider yourself to be a ‘sissy’, a cross-dresser, or both? I ask that because a male can be a cross-dresser but not be a sissy, but being a sissy almost always entails being a cross-dresser.

Now I will read the responses and see what others 🤔

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: RuffRuff, rbm and babypp
Luvshugs said:

Hello Luvshugs. I think the thread’s title can be taken in two way. 1) Are there less sissies than their used to be? To which I say, no, there are probably even more (overt) sissies for the reasons you stated. 2) As my reply suggests, it can be taken as…are sissies increasingly being seen to be transsexuals rather than sissy men? I assumed that Harry meant the latter, and read his post in that context. Like you I’m old ☹️ and I too have seem so much change for the better. Indeed, I would be a completely different person if I had been born in the early 20’s rather than the mid 50’s. Take care Loveshugs 🙂

Reactions: rbm and Luvshugs
OnePiece said:

OnePiece agrees that us sissies are probably being brought under the transgender umbrella too quickly.
I wonder if he meant… “I wish there would be more room for people just being themselves no matter what they wear.”
Or did autocorrect change ‘wear’ from ‘are’? Both propositions would be correct, and I agree wholeheartedly with either proposition. Take care and dress accordingly OnePiece 🙃

Reactions: OnePiece
BobbiSueEllen said:
Then what precisely are you looking for? I think you have enough evidence that sissies are not disappearing...wait a little longer for more responses and you'll find your answer.
I think this is an opportune moment to share the thought for the day I put on my status yesterday.

“Sissies are like stars. You may not always see them but they are always there”

So for me, no, sissies are not disappearing. In fact, because there is now greater access to things like, clothes, shoes, underwear or lovely pretty adult sized diapers, I think we are a growing community across the age spectrum.

This is also due to the internet explosion where we have learned we are not alone and share our passion.

I’m proud to be a sissy although I may not shout it from the rooftops.

🥰

• Love
Reactions: Patricia48, Tommy10, diddles and 1 other person
Tommy10 said:
…I also think that in an effort to be "accepting," people will jump to the easiest conclusion: the boy/man is transgender. wanting to dress like a girl while asserting being a boy/man is a seems to be a mystery: "if you dress like a girl, you must want to be a girl" perhaps?

As someone I know once said (quite eloquently): "Nothing is black and white, there are tons of colors in between," and yet, : "if you dress like a girl, you must be a girl stuck in a boys body" seems to be the only possibility regarding acceptance.

I think you are right that some people would deem a ‘sissy’ to be a transsexual in order to be more accepting, but I think the vast majority of people would just be taking the easy way out by thinking a sissy is a transsexual because that makes more sense to them. As my anthropology tutor told us… ‘people hate to think’ (‘things out’ he meant)
Besides, how much do most people know about us sissies? Hell, most people probably assume that transvestites are transsexuals despite the fact those terms are incommensurable.

We are a very misunderstood group us sissies. As for us diaper loving sissies! As for us Little, diaper loving sissies! As for us Little, diaper loving, asexual and or/ finsexual sissies! As for us….?

A fantastic Australian actress, Kerry Armstrong, once said… “No one gets me”. I would love to ‘be’ Kerry Armstrong and not be understood by anyone so what hope do I have?

Whoops… way off thread 🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy10 and rbm
For decades I ignored women. I notice many are open to having a conversation. So I've begun talking to them. That's highly satisfying. For biological reasons, there is a natural attraction between men and women. I am a sexual person with sexual desires. Maybe on Super Bowl Sunday I'll see a woman watching the widescreen TV at my nursing home who I can join.

Last edited:
I dunno '98 bab here and I dabbled and its just not for me but I will always be jelly of all the extra accesories sissies get and I mean comeon who hasnt wonderd how a tutu/dress/tights feel combined with a diaper 🤔 not a sissy but I alway wonder 😁🤷🏻‍♀️
also I think I went thru the pink/fru fru phase in Highscool with My Little Pony but yeah that died 😭

Reactions: diddles
diddles said:
OnePiece agrees that us sissies are probably being brought under the transgender umbrella too quickly.
I wonder if he meant… “I wish there would be more room for people just being themselves no matter what they wear.”
Or did autocorrect change ‘wear’ from ‘are’? Both propositions would be correct, and I agree wholeheartedly with either proposition. Take care and dress accordingly OnePiece 🙃
I wrote wear. That was what I meant, but "are" would also apply from my point of view. 🙂

Reactions: diddles
Back