Are Any of You ABDL for no Reason? Let me Explain...

Are You ABDL for no Particular Reason?

• Total voters
Drifter said:
I can't 'know' what is behind the emotions that drive people's behavior when growing up, but I am always a little suspicious of this kind of logic. Is it possible that your ABDL side was actually a significant driver of the anxiety you experienced, and not the other way around?
No, like I said in my post I had a lot of anxiety of growing up and being an adult. ABDL was a way to escape that anxiety because I was able to hold on to being a kid a little longer. Beside when I went to go buy diapers in the store my ABDL never caused me anxiety. I felt a lot of shame and embarrassment for having the desire but not anxiety.

I’ve said it just sort of happened but I do wonder if some of past experiences have led me down this path subconsciously. My dad was emotionally unavailable for most of my teenage years, I was spanked my grandmother at only a few months old for crying and I was sexually abused at 11 by someone I thought was a friend. I don’t think that these experiences are the reason I’m ABDL but maybe they explain why I wanted to try it.

• Sad
Reactions: ABDElsa
I can absolutely pinpoint where my ABDL side originated: in a hospital ward. When I was three, I was diagnosed with (and subsequently successfully treated for) cancer, and because I was too weak to get out of bed I was forced to wear diapers. The first words I can remember another human being saying to me - literally - came from a nurse saying "we're going to pad them under you" as I was diapered for the first time. At first I was mortified, but the longer I was made to wear them, the more I grew to like and then love diapers. When I had to stop, I began clamouring for them. It took me a long time to start wearing again: I didn't wear diapers till I was 23, almost 24. But there were tonnes of signs along the way, and looking back, it's pretty clearly where everything originated.

My AB side developed more organically, and largely came about as a result of AB-style diapers. I found I really enjoyed wearing them, and that's where onesies and pacis came from. But it always comes back to the diapers. Always.

• Sad
I believe there always is a particular reason for it, but most people might just not know it. I have this theory in my case, but I can't scientifically proof it:

This goes back to the oldest memory I have. My parents always told me that I was the happiest kid when my younger sister was born. However... that's not the way I remember it... I was almost 3 years old when she was born, and before that I was my parents only child. Being the only child was great, I received all the attention from my parents! I remember how they tried to make me excited for the birth of my sister. Have a sibling would be the real deal. And excited I was until... she was actually born.
This wasn't fun at all! I wasn't nearly receiving as much attention as I got before! It was taken from me and given to her, so unfair!
My mother also potty trained me around that time, she thought that 2 kids in diapers would be a lot of hassle.

So, the diaper wearing baby got all the love and attention and I, who just got out of diapers felt like I lost everything. I wanted to go back to the old situation where I was the one who got all the attention. :(

• Sad
needchanging49 said:
some bedwetting but mostly IBS just got tired of worrying about IBS and liked the idea of being put in diapers since I was small
My IBS got the best of me recently and I had no choice but to wear a Diaper! You can read all about that in my post here.

Ares said:
I believe there always is a particular reason for it, but most people might just not know it. I have this theory in my case, but I can't scientifically proof it:

This goes back to the oldest memory I have. My parents always told me that I was the happiest kid when my younger sister was born. However... that's not the way I remember it... I was almost 3 years old when she was born, and before that I was my parents only child. Being the only child was great, I received all the attention from my parents! I remember how they tried to make me excited for the birth of my sister. Have a sibling would be the real deal. And excited I was until... she was actually born.
This wasn't fun at all! I wasn't nearly receiving as much attention as I got before! It was taken from me and given to her, so unfair!
My mother also potty trained me around that time, she thought that 2 kids in diapers would be a lot of hassle.

So, the diaper wearing baby got all the love and attention and I, who just got out of diapers felt like I lost everything. I wanted to go back to the old situation where I was the one who got all the attention. :(
Dang sorry to hear that.

dogboy said:
From Wikapedia:

There is no recognized etiology for infantilism and there is little research done on the subject. It has been linked to masochism and a variety of other paraphilias. Although it is commonly confused with pedophilia, the two conditions are distinct and infantilists do not seek children as sexual partners.[12][13] A variety of causes have been proposed, including altered lovemaps, imprinting gone wrong and errors in erotic targets, though there is no consensus. A variety of organizations exist to discuss infantilism or meet with other practitioners throughout the world.

I would also add attachment theory. Having been on this site for 13 years, I have observed many different reasons given by members for their attraction to diapers and other baby objects. Because of all the different personal histories, I don't think Infantalism is caused by childhood trauma, bullying or a loving family. I lean toward the theory that we created some sort of sexual attachment to diapers at a very early age, seeing our siblings or neighbor children in diapers and experiencing some sort of arousal.

That said, I was adopted at the age of two and I believe I may have spent some time in an adoptive institution. I know I was not potty trained when my parents adopted me as I can remember my mom changing me as well as her telling me when I was 4 years old that she still had my diapers. I suspect that there will be theories as to why we are attracted to diapers and that will be as far as it gets with us never finding anything that is definitive.
I've read that numerous times on Wikipedia before. Very interesting.

DavidNixon said:
Me too. Ever since I was 3 years old. Have no idea why. I wet the bed some until I was around 9, but I was never put in them or threatened with them.
Now I have an incredible desire to regress to a toddler mind set. It's really messing with my head right now.
I don't really remember at what age I wanted to wear Diapers again, but as long as I can remember I've had the desire to wear Diapers. It wasn't until I discovered Bambino Classicos, and Adult Pacifiers about 10 years ago, as well as buying some Adult Onesies during lockdown with unemployment and stimulus I was never able to afford before, that I started branching into not only wearing Diapers but branching into wanting to be a Baby again, an Adult Baby if ya will.

ItsDozinTime said:
i actually had to wear pull-ups at night for bedwetting when i was i think 6ish. and i remember using it on purpose in the morning because it felt so good. i suddenly rediscovered my love for diapers when i was 19 and i saw a abdl comic and it awoke in me
Ooooo what kind of ABDL Comic? Original or featuring licensed characters? Was it this one Diaperman by chance? 1601486531351.jpg

Dandelion said:
Did the diapers even though babinas etc. they put you in while in hospital or when you were a kid involve plastic pants at any time ? If so , that could be one of the reasons why you became AB but there is more to it than just that. It probably will remain somewhat of a mystery so you might as well carry on enjoying the experience.
No they weren't plastic pants and TerryCloth I was born in 94' so, by then we had plastic disposables for me to wear.
Dandelion said:
Who knows , sooner or later some IOS or Android developer might make a “Diaper App”. Or Nappy wrap” available where people can upload their selfie photos and it puts a nappy on them. You could choose what nappy prints etc. you like from a selection 😂
That would be so awesome!

Rakvirsza said:
It's hard to say what percent of these are IC versus ABDL versus random people trying to figure out how they ended up here, but I'd assume most people don't find this site without searching something diaper related at least and most people vehemently opposed to diapers and going to leave pretty quick.
Yeah chances are this won't come up in a general Google search.

n
ABDElsa said:
Ooooo what kind of ABDL Comic? Original or featuring licensed characters? Was it this one Diaperman by chance? View attachment 80239
noo it was a diaperfur comic heheh. i didn't know this existed until now

• Love
not at all surprised by the poll results, i find that most people i meet are into abdl for the aesthetics and therapeutic comfort. which is fine, i don't want this to be a trauma exclusive space id probably explode, there's so much of that already (trauma bonding and trauma based behavior).

• Love
No reason here checking in. I don't know why this became a thing when I was a small child.

Back