Are Any of You ABDL for no Reason? Let me Explain...

Are You ABDL for no Particular Reason?

• Total voters

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not to dismiss anyone’s analysis of their own background, but I do think we tend to look for reasons for things and inflate causes to fit the blank space we need to fill. Even so, I think this is a very level-headed threat on that account. There’s a lot of acceptance of the roles of both nature and nurture (or trauma, not to posi-spin a negative experience).

Sidewinder

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
For me, I can't really say what exactly it was, that made me a DL in the first place, as it's quite difficult for me to pinpoint any one particular event that triggered it.

If anything, though, I'd say it was a combination of things that triggered my DL desires throughout my life, well into the present day, which makes for it being a long and convoluted account.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
From Wikapedia:

There is no recognized etiology for infantilism and there is little research done on the subject. It has been linked to masochism and a variety of other paraphilias. Although it is commonly confused with pedophilia, the two conditions are distinct and infantilists do not seek children as sexual partners.[12][13] A variety of causes have been proposed, including altered lovemaps, imprinting gone wrong and errors in erotic targets, though there is no consensus. A variety of organizations exist to discuss infantilism or meet with other practitioners throughout the world.

I would also add attachment theory. Having been on this site for 13 years, I have observed many different reasons given by members for their attraction to diapers and other baby objects. Because of all the different personal histories, I don't think Infantalism is caused by childhood trauma, bullying or a loving family. I lean toward the theory that we created some sort of sexual attachment to diapers at a very early age, seeing our siblings or neighbor children in diapers and experiencing some sort of arousal.

That said, I was adopted at the age of two and I believe I may have spent some time in an adoptive institution. I know I was not potty trained when my parents adopted me as I can remember my mom changing me as well as her telling me when I was 4 years old that she still had my diapers. I suspect that there will be theories as to why we are attracted to diapers and that will be as far as it gets with us never finding anything that is definitive.

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I actually voted as a DL and not as ABDL. The security I had wearing protection at night growing up from age 4 - 12 with diapers / training underwear / plastic underpants and the great support I had from my parents managing this made my experience of waking up in dry sheets and pjs a lot better than kids that wet the bed a lot and their parents gave them a rough time about it or thought they were lazy and just had to lay in it all night. So even with occasional slight accidents at night for me now, I enjoy the security of wearing nightly as 100% protection even if not needed nightly.

NorGirlBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I dont even know why. I have a mom that had a lot of worries and ancxiety of not being a good mom when i grew up. So she was very stressede out. I was a baby that did not sleep, so i spend many nights at my grandparents home so mom could get some sleep. When i was with them i slept like a baby. My grandmother never understood why mom was complaining about me never slept, since i was easily sleeper when they babysat me.

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My sister and I have discussed this issue of why I like wearing diapers and going potty in them several times. She thinks our mom was too soft on us, didn't encourage us as much as she could have to potty train early and allowed both of us to wet our beds much longer than is normal, while uncomplainingly diapering each of us every night, and doing all that diaper laundry. She also thinks our mom was a little lonely because our father worked so much, traveled a lot and we, and especially me as the oldest and only boy, became substitutes for her love and attention in our dad's absense. She thinks that's why I continued to wet my bed until I was 17 and mom continued to diaper me every night well past my puberty causing me to become sexually aroused when she diapered me. I suspect there is much truth to this, but at the same time, we had a great childhood, were loved and cherished both parents but especially our mom and in most respects our lives as adults have been envious.

DavidNixon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I wanted to wear diapers at age four. No good reason. Just wanted to.
Me too. Ever since I was 3 years old. Have no idea why. I wet the bed some until I was around 9, but I was never put in them or threatened with them.
Now I have an incredible desire to regress to a toddler mind set. It's really messing with my head right now.