diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
What is the point of 3 tape diapers? For me it does not get a better fit at all and it just adds more work.

I used to get a pretty good for from Depends Protection with Tabs before they went to clothlike covers. When they went back to plastic backed, the tapes weren't as good, almost always having one tape come loose in the course of wearing, so the fit was not as reliable or good. I'd be curious to try a good diaper with three tapes to a side but it's not too likely to happen.

For me, it does give me a better fit and I wish more diapers had 3-tapes per side.

I thought the goal of the middle tape was added "strain relief"? We've all had a top or bottom tape pop off unexpectedly, and I guess it's supposed to mitigate that. But "appeal" is a strong word. The only 3-tape diapers I've ever seen are Depends and Attends, two of the oldest manufacturers, so maybe glues back then weren't as good? Who is still using 3 tapes today? For me it would be just a novelty.

depends4me said:
I thought the goal of the middle tape was added "strain relief"? We've all had a top or bottom tape pop off unexpectedly, and I guess it's supposed to mitigate that. But "appeal" is a strong word. The only 3-tape diapers I've ever seen are Depends and Attends, two of the oldest manufacturers, so maybe glues back then weren't as good? Who is still using 3 tapes today? For me it would be just a novelty.
I wish I could remember what diaper it was that I tried I think it was an older Abu diaper maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

That is a good point that maybe tapes were not as good back in the day.

Unless you have an adhesive fetish, I can't understand the appeal. There was a fake commercial--on SNL, maybe?--years ago for a razor that had 20 blades or something ridiculous like that. The three-tape (per side) Depends always reminded me a bit of that commercial, and I'd imagine diaper makers competing based on tape count.

Anyway, yeah... Not a fan. I'd rather have 40 eyelets and laces on each side.

And a Brian Boitano print.

Last edited:
I used to really like the three-tape Attends. For me, I could get a bit more snug, trim fit with the middle tapes. Now, having worn two-tape diapers for so long, I don't know if I'd still like the middle tape as much.

I used to add a 3rd tape to some Tenas that I wore for a while. I thought they needed one lower than what they had. And I liked the fit of the plastic backed Depends, just not the absorbency. But on the Dry 24/7s that I wore and now the MegaMaxes I feel they are fine with 2 tapes on each side.

Last edited:
AAO said:
I used to add a 3rd tape to some Tenas that I wore for a while. I thought they needed one lower than what they had. And I liked the fit of the plastic backed Depends, just not the absorbency. But on the Dry 24/7s that I wore and now the MegaMaxes I feel they are fine with 2 tapes

I tried a 6 tape plastic Depends last night and it fit good and didn't leak or have a tape failure. I liked the old Attends, too.

Adding more tabs means less force pulling on each individual tab. So--theoretically, having 3 per side means a more secure fit/less drooping.

I LOVED the fit on the vintage 6-tape Attends with waistbands! I haven't ever had a fit as good as those since I have worn adult diapers...oh how I miss those. The 6-tapes (in addition to the plastic cover) are one of the reasons that I still buy the Depends in store in times of desperation.

Only ones I’ve used were the old depends.

I wouldn’t say they did anything bad for the fit, but definitely didn’t help anything. Probably good they had 6 though, if it only had 4 of those little tabs they probably wouldn’t hold lol

I don’t find any advantage to 6 over 4, and I actually prefer 2 tape diapers

For me, six tapes work well. I tape the middle tapes first down around my thighs as it is an easier reach to start my diaper change there, then i pull the diaper up and it holds its place as i finish off the top and bottom tapes

Six tapes are more memories than anything else for me. My first diapers were Depend with six tapes, and moving to ABDL diapers with for tapes seemed weird at first.

Reactions: Sidewinder
ChooChoo69 said:
I tried a 6 tape plastic Depends last night and it fit good and didn't leak or have a tape failure. I liked the old Attends, too.
Depend briefs are currently my go-to diaper of choice and I find they do fairly well for what they are.

If l go commando round the house any Absorbant garment worn will quickly work its way down to my ankles!
Due to having a beer belly I require a net pant for support and ultimately a onesie especially if l were to put a load on!
A 3 tape brief would perhaps work as the top tapes would hang round my tummy.
Of course l have tried the Large size Tena slips and belted briefs but the look of them on me resembles a sumo wrestler!
Who makes 3 tab diapers?

SAPexpanded said:
If l go commando round the house any Absorbant garment worn will quickly work its way down to my ankles!
Due to having a beer belly I require a net pant for support and ultimately a onesie especially if l were to put a load on!
A 3 tape brief would perhaps work as the top tapes would hang round my tummy.
Of course l have tried the Large size Tena slips and belted briefs but the look of them on me resembles a sumo wrestler!
Who makes 3 tab diapers?
It's funny you should mention the belted briefs, dubbed "undergarments," which in many ways, when I first saw what they look like in a magazine, reminded me of a fundoshi. (Traditional Japanese loincloth)

And in response to your question, Depend still makes the diapers with 3 tabs, even if their quality has dropped.

diaperfooties said:
What is the point of 3 tape diapers? For me it does not get a better fit at all and it just adds more work.
That's just being lazy.:p

Back