Anyone ever find a game from another country in a physical store?

Onesieman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I'm from the US so games are rated by the ESRB, but one time a few years ago I bought 2 PS3 games at a local game shop and they came from Europe which had PEGI ratings. I played them & they both worked.
Anyone else find something like this at a retro game store?
Like in the US finding a game with a PEGI rating.
Or in Europe with a game with the ESRB rating.
Perhaps something else outside your area that played on your home device?

In Germany, it was quite common back in the days to order PEGI games from Austria, as the BPjM (Germanys state run organisation for the protection of young people from potentially dangerous media) was cutting games left and right for years. In the German Version of Fallout New Vegas for example, there is no blood, you can't decapitate people and more stuff like this. In the German version of GTA Vice City, there is no blood either, you can't decapitate people, you can't kick people on the ground, dead people don't drop money, the rampage missions are cut completely and two story missions are missing.
Thus, it's quite common to find 'foreign' versions of older games, mainly PS2, original XBOX and PC games from back when there was no Steam etc. in stores in Germany.

I remember back in 2001 buying a copy of Shenmue II along with a converter disc for Dreamcast at the local Electronics Boutique, here in the US Shenmue II was only released on Xbox until like around 2020...I already nearly beaten the first Shenmue and absolutely loved everything about it.

Back