ANR [Adult Nursing Relationships]

DonnieDiaper said:
Lilly went to the doctor yesterday and discussed relactation with him.
She has been telling him that she is planning to help out a neice that is pregnant and has never been able to nurse.
(Good cover story, anyway.)

Doctor gave my wife a clean bill of health, and told her she's doing all the right stuff to relactate.
The pump, the supplements and herbs, and he even encouraged her to try to get me to "help" move things along.
(If he only knew!)

He sees no problem since she has acted as a wet-nurse on and off over the past 40 years.
The only downside factor he mentioned was her age.
(THAT went ove well, NOT!)
He said she may need a little "boost" to get it all started since it's been awhile since she has produced any large quantity of milk.

He offered her an injection of Domperidone (Motilium ®), which she was reluctant to take without investigating it first.
He says that usually it will accelerate the production of milk, with little side effects.
He did say that it could boost lactation to starting with-in 36 to 72 hours, considering how far along she is with the process.
No guarantees though, he has used it with promissing results in the past, but has had a couple of failures with it taking several weeks, even with the injections.

She declined his offer, and told him she would think about it.
They decided to give our current regimen another week, but if nothing happens she can stop into his office on next Wednesday, and get the Motilium.

WHAT does anyone know about this?
I don't want her putting her health at risk just so I can regress back tobeing her "toddler" again.
I know she wants this, and I think she wants this even more than I do.

Help!
Anyone with any experience with Domperidone (Motilium ®), please reply.
My wife loved breastfeeding our children and wishes she never stopped. She actually tried that domperidone a few years back she was 45 and had little success. After several weeks got a few drops. That drug however made her uncomfortable and caused weight gain. So she stopped. Lots of pumping and sucking. Wish there was a way to make it happen. Other problem is it takes a lot of time out of her day because you are pumping or sucking every couple of hours. Good luck let me know how it goes. Suckling real breasts milk is awesome. Unfortunately I never got to do it while diapered because I was hiding that part from her back then.

After spending a good bit of time on the road, I can say it feels good to be here in the mountains.
It is so much cooler inland up here then those silly people that go down to the coast!

The worst part of the heat is when you have to fight chafing and heat rash, and it always makes for a very painful diaper rash.
It is quite warm here, but like I said, we're in the mountains so it is bearable.

FYI: I mentioned to Mommy that it is almost 6 months now since we started our ANR, and she says she is quite happy with the current situation, and don't get any ideas about weaning anytime soon!

Hi @DonnieDiaper good to hear from you again.
I sometimes think of both you and Lilly and how things are going for you now, (since you lasted posted here - 17th Feb), when you covered your hopes of taking some holiday time together (and finding a baby sitter?).
So glad that you have let us know that you are having a cooler summer in the mountains and that Lilly is happy for everything to continue as they have for the last six months.
(Hope all goes well for both of you).
Thank you for the update and for the joy you provide us, just by sharing your situation.
Happy2BeInNappies2

Last edited:
Would love to breastfeed. What is a good ANR website to try?

Funny how no one has mentioned trying out Lanolin Cream for sore nipples.

appletinytee said:
Funny how no one has mentioned trying out Lanolin Cream for sore nipples.
Mommy uses lanolin and coconut oil. I like the taste of the coconut oil on her boob.

Reactions: mhb53 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Back