Another cloth diaper thread

HellNo

Shy boy wishing to be a woman
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am sure this has been asked to death, but I am looking into cloth diapers.

From what I have seen there are a million different options available and I am honestly a bit overwhelmed as to what to buy.
So maybe some of you more experienced DLs can help me?

I am looking for a thick diaper that will be used exclusively for wetting and exclusively outside of the bed, so no sleeping in it (at least not wet or wetting while it, as I don't have ic, so leakage because of sleeping on the side should be a non issue)
I enjoy wearing diapers on the range of Rearz Mermaids (so quite absorbant) and am located in central Europe (if this helps with recommendations)

Also:
How do I wash those? Do I throw them together with regular clothing or wash on their own? I don't have a drier, only a washing machine, can you air dry clothdiapers?

Reactions: oldskool
I like prefold diapers, because I can wear multiple for longer periods of time, or fewer if I can change more frequently. I currently use the rearz preolds, there are many brands and types of cloth diapers out there. You'll have to figure out which you prefer. As for washing if mine are just wet I rinse in cold water first, then a hot water wash with a minimal amount of laundry detergent.

I have a couple of the 2 in 1 for adults, their sizing is quite weird, I almost fit in the XS, S is almost to wide, while others I definitely need size M from.
When paired with their stay dry insert they are quite thick and really visible under clothes. (especially when using their size M with an stay dry L insert, since their inserts are sized XS-S-L )

the 2 in 1 pad size S can take like 250-350ml in real world use combined with the stay dry size S insert which could hold another 200-300ml. (at the max numbers when seated it did leak a little bit on the chair...

Adult prefolds are just not my thing, eventhough they are great and capable of holding more needing regular plastic pants combined.
Using the rearz prefolds and plastic pants it held me 8 hours easily, just feels crap after a while.

Sizing of the cloth diapers is very important, I have a couple of different brands which I all like for other reasons:
  1. Poppolini Kombolone with snapin inserts combined with Blumchen size L prefold (the largest for the kids) for discrete short wear.
    https://popolini.com/onlineshop/kombolone-youth-and-adult-diaper?___store=en (2-4hours for me, max 400ml)
  2. Seneo almost the same as the blumchen wraps but with extra velcro which hold even better in place than the blumchens, but they have snapin inserts, which just feel different. (using their size S wrap with size S and size M cotton inserts, 2-4hours for me, max 500ml)
    And to fill them up for thickness you could fold something as below in place.
    https://www.xkko.eu/bamboo-washcloths-xkko-bmb-60x60-natural.html (around 200ml per towel/insert with seated pressure)
  3. Threaded armor protective brief, harder to buy in europe, thin when only using their microfiber inserts, but I pair them with the size L blumchen prefold for kids. With that extra insert it is just a bit thicker, not invisible under clothes anymore, but also not really thick. capability with those inserts is when putting pressure on whilest seated around 500-700ml. (usually 4-8 hours for me)
The number one and two are easily available in europe.

Because of a youtuber (stoffiking) that somehow got in my youtube feed I found out about those brands before I even was really looking for cloth diapers to try, since my aliexpress china snaps pants with inserts were just crap sizewise I never gave others a good try.

Stoffiking made some reviews on them:

blumchen 2in1 : https://stoffiking.de/?p=70
poppolini kombolone: https://stoffiking.de/?p=706
seneo: https://stoffiking.de/?p=856

Reactions: Diprs2 and HellNo
HellNo said:
I am sure this has been asked to death, but I am looking into cloth diapers.

From what I have seen there are a million different options available and I am honestly a bit overwhelmed as to what to buy.
So maybe some of you more experienced DLs can help me?

I am looking for a thick diaper that will be used exclusively for wetting and exclusively outside of the bed, so no sleeping in it (at least not wet or wetting while it, as I don't have ic, so leakage because of sleeping on the side should be a non issue)
I enjoy wearing diapers on the range of Rearz Mermaids (so quite absorbant) and am located in central Europe (if this helps with recommendations)

Also:
How do I wash those? Do I throw them together with regular clothing or wash on their own? I don't have a drier, only a washing machine, can you air dry clothdiapers?
I must have missed some because I only came up with 999,964, a million.

Last edited:
My diapers today are all cloth prefolds. I have some from Changing times, Rearz, Babykins, ACDC, Baby-pants. Before I started wearing prefolds, I wore flats from Sears, Wards, and even Curity baby diapers until I was 30 or so when my tummy became too big to pin my diapers on.

Reactions: Diprs2
I wear flat cloth diapers and plastic pants most of the time. For overnight I add a prefold cloth diaper as a stuffer.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back