All-time favorite Christmas movie?

egor said:
#1 George C Scott "A Christmas Carol" (It actually follows the story as written by Dickens.

#2 Rodolph the red-nose reindeer ( I have watched it every year since it came out. I had to help with the dishes in '65 so that I could stay up to watch it)

#3 is a tie between the Ed Gwinn "miracle on 34th street" and White Christmas (being a "foamer/model railroader the thing I love is that to go from Florida to New Hampshire they travel on the Santa Fe Super Chief and then a SP Mail train)
I have just about all versions of "A Christmas Carol", and the 1951 Alastair Sim version is my favourite but I also like the George C. Scott and Henry Winkler versions as well. Henry did "An American Christmas Carol" that was pretty good. Another good one was the Patrick Stewart version.

It’s a Wonderful Life is not only my favorite Christmas movie— I watch it every year on Christmas Eve— it’s one of my favorite movies in general.

Not really a movie, but I’d like to give a shout-out to the RiffTrax Christmas Shorts-stravaganza, which I discovered a couple of years ago. Basically, the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000, along with Weird Al at one wonderful point, watch several old, bizarre Christmas shorts and poke fun at them with one-liners. It’s absolutely hilarious and I totally recommend looking it up if you are into that kind of thing. (At the very least, check out “Three Magic Words,” the part with Weird Al!)

I’m surprised no one said bad Santa
1) home alone
2) the grinch who stole Christmas (animated version)
3) peanuts Christmas
4 Bad Santa

A tie between home alone 1 and 2, die hard 1 and 2, and national lampoon's Christmas vacation

I'm a suckered for The Great British Baking show. Therefore I always look forward to the Christmas special they have. But not exactly a movie nor is it anywhere near my favorite, but a good one none the less.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I like A Christmas Story, White Christmas, and Holiday Inn (my wife's favorite). Holiday Inn isn't specifically a Christmas movie; but, it introduced the song White Christmas.

Reactions: Angelapinks
The Polar Express
Love that movie

Reactions: littledreamers333 and Angelapinks
Polar Express

Reactions: Angelapinks and Kirisin
Reactions: Kirisin
1. The Polar Express
2. The Year Without a Santa Claus
3. A Garfield Christmas
4. A Muppet Family Christmas
5. Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas

Reactions: Kirisin
fleckothefennec said:
Mine is the old school stop motion Rudolf the red noised reindeer.

The coaches voice sounds like j Jonna Jaminson from the old Spiderman cartoons 🤣

Also I like how the female reindeer's name is Clarice, I can't watch it without thinking of Anthony Hopkins saying "hello clarice" all creepy🤣

Then there's the bumble, don't forget about him, they rip his teeth out, brutal 😬

Fun fact, the female reindeer are not anatomically correct, both male and female reindeer have antlers.
I second this Rudolf nomination. We love what we’re raised with. The Abominable Snowman is so cute and scary. Burl Ives’s voice is so warming and jovial.

Reactions: fleckothefennec
Bad Santa is my favorite, but close second and third would be Elf and Bill Murrey's Scrooged.

Reactions: jasonm03
Die Hard.

Well you might laugh but me and my family watch The Ref every Xmas LMAO it's kind of a Xmas movie 🤣

Back