All-time favorite Christmas movie?

Ernest Saves Christmas... what else do you need?!?! Home Alone comes in at second place!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SennkohCoola and BobbiSueEllen
WannabeGirl said:
1) Die Hard 2
2) Scrogged
3) Miracle on 34th street (the original one)
I love to watch the Christmas movie Scrogged that I have on DVD at Christmas time

National Lampoon's Christmas vacation is one of my favorite movies to watch

Reactions: BenNevis and Deleted member 29386
sbmccue said:
The Alastair Sim version of A Christmas Carol.
My favourite Christmas Carol but I have most of them ever made starting in the 40's.

Subtlerustle said:
The island of misfit toys is a phrase I love using.
Spot on. That was the best. Also Frosty the Snowman and Santa Claus is Coming to Town gets an honourable mentions.
I love Rudolph’s Shiny New Year with Happy

Home Alone 1 and 2 hands down.
They never get old.

I have several favorites among the Hallmark Christmas movies--syrupy-sweet as they are--"Christmas in Evergreen," "Picture a Perfect Christmas," and "Christmas Under the Stars" among them. Also, the "Santa Clause" trilogy ranks up there for me, too.

My favorite versions of "A Christmas Carol" are the original black-and-white version from way back when and the one with Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard from Star Trek TNG) as Scrooge. Patrick Stewart brings, in my opinion, a unique insight to the character of Scrooge and makes Scrooge more "human" in both his grumpiness and reform.

As of today, 7/12/22, my all time favorite Christmas Movie/special is a tie now. Home Alone (1990) and Olive the Other Reindeer (1999)

1. A Christmas story.
2. The Santa Clause.
3. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

Reactions: AJFan2020
Die Hard (yippee ki yay!)

Home Alone (original and Lost in New York)

My favorite Christmas movie is the Disney TV movie "'Twas' The Night" (from 2001) with Bryan Cranston (from Malcolm In The Middle), Jefferson Mappin as Santa, Josh Zuckerman as 14 year old Danny Wrigley, Brenda Grate as his smarty pants sister, and Rhys Williams as Peter Wrigley, the adorable little brother. 💜💜💜 The uncle (Bryan Cranston) steals Santa's sleigh with 14 year old Danny. Cute movie. Never was available on DVD or VHS, it was a TV movie only shown on the Disney Channel. 💜

Also, I love "National Lampoon Vacation Christmas". I think that is hilarious, especially when Chevy Chase's character Clark Griswold yells all these curse words in succession when he finds out his boss doesn't give him a bonus payment for Christmas. 🤣🤣 Actually I feel like uttering those exact cuss words RIGHT NOW in response to this crappy sh***y COVID 19 nightmare that doesn't seem to end. Grrr!! 🤬😡😡😱😁 I'm so fed up with COVID 19 and what people claim to know and what they claim to not know.

I also really like the Christmas movie "It's A Wonderful Life". It's a rather sad movie in a way, with George Bailey (James Stewart) on the brink of suicide. But in the end, angel Clarence makes him realize that he (George Bailey) really did make an important and positive difference in everyone's life that he touched. The Bailey Park subdivision vs what would have been a sleazy slum named Potterville controlled by terrible Mr. Potter, is especially striking. I have an old fashioned voice too similar to people from that time period from the 1950s and 1940s too ("well for crying out loud" is something I say quite frequently 🤣). Stewart was quite a character himself and from what I hear, in real life, according to any account, he was a very nice person (even though a Republican. Then again, I'm a Republican too and one of the nicest people you would meet, although like some 4 year olds, I can be kind of annoying too sometimes with my incessant chatter and extreme hyperactivity (and Autism). I can be rather...intense...sometimes.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955
longallsboy said:
My favorite Christmas movie is the Disney TV movie "'Twas' The Night" (from 2001) with Bryan Cranston (from Malcolm In The Middle), Jefferson Mappin as Santa, Josh Zuckerman as 14 year old Danny Wrigley, Brenda Grate as his smarty pants sister, and Rhys Williams as Peter Wrigley, the adorable little brother. 💜💜💜 The uncle (Bryan Cranston) steals Santa's sleigh with 14 year old Danny. Cute movie. Never was available on DVD or VHS, it was a TV movie only shown on the Disney Channel. 💜

Also, I love "National Lampoon Vacation Christmas". I think that is hilarious, especially when Chevy Chase's character Clark Griswold yells all these curse words in succession when he finds out his boss doesn't give him a bonus payment for Christmas. 🤣🤣 Actually I feel like uttering those exact cuss words RIGHT NOW in response to this crappy sh***y COVID 19 nightmare that doesn't seem to end. Grrr!! 🤬😡😡😱😁 I'm so fed up with COVID 19 and what people claim to know and what they claim to not know.

I also really like the Christmas movie "It's A Wonderful Life". It's a rather sad movie in a way, with George Bailey (James Stewart) on the brink of suicide. But in the end, angel Clarence makes him realize that he (George Bailey) really did make an important and positive difference in everyone's life that he touched. The Bailey Park subdivision vs what would have been a sleazy slum named Potterville controlled by terrible Mr. Potter, is especially striking. I have an old fashioned voice too similar to people from that time period from the 1950s and 1940s too ("well for crying out loud" is something I say quite frequently 🤣). Stewart was quite a character himself and from what I hear, in real life, according to any account, he was a very nice person (even though a Republican. Then again, I'm a Republican too and one of the nicest people you would meet, although like some 4 year olds, I can be kind of annoying too sometimes with my incessant chatter and extreme hyperactivity (and Autism). I can be rather...intense...sometimes.

- longallsboy

I like Christmas Vacation. Only flaw is the cat dies, so..........

So many choices. I can't decide. I see a lot listed here that I really love but one that has been forgotten that is not mentioned is "The Polar Express" also two other good ones not mentioned is "Unaccompanied Minors" and "The Grinch". I also love the classics like The Santa Clause, Elf, National Lampoons, Rudolph, and a Christmas Story.

The Nightmare Before Christmas. Or is that a Halloween movie?

Jingle All The Way (1996).

BrattyPrincessSophie said:
Jingle All The Way (1996).
I didn't like the kid. Here is Schwarzenegger going through all this trouble risking his life to give his son a toy, and at the end he gives away the toy. Ungrateful lil snot. lol

• Haha
Reactions: ABDLlover
Scaramouche said:

No reason it can't be both.

Scaramouche said:
I think it’s technically both a Christmas movie and a Halloween movie.

#1 George C Scott "A Christmas Carol" (It actually follows the story as written by Dickens.

#2 Rodolph the red-nose reindeer ( I have watched it every year since it came out. I had to help with the dishes in '65 so that I could stay up to watch it)

#3 is a tie between the Ed Gwinn "miracle on 34th street" and White Christmas (being a "foamer/model railroader the thing I love is that to go from Florida to New Hampshire they travel on the Santa Fe Super Chief and then a SP Mail train)

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks
anton said:
Its a Wonderful Life
I love so many Christmas movies that are too many to list but my all time favorite is It's a Wonderful Life.

Back