ADHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianaDiagonal

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey! Does anybody know or had experience with ADHD or ADD having a connection to any form for incontinence?

There are tonns of information that it affects children, but no info that it can affect adults.

Reactions: sport1
DianaDiagonal said:
Hey! Does anybody know or had experience with ADHD or ADD having a connection to any form for incontinence?

There are tonns of information that it affects children, but no info that it can affect adults.
Quite a few members on here who are incontinent are on the autism spectrum ranging from full sensory to just ADHD as the same nerves that are twisted also affect bladder signals

Reactions: DianaDiagonal
DianaDiagonal said:

No, i don't(i have ADD) and also got put out of diaper without actually potty training too iirc

parcelboy2 said:
Quite a few members on here who are incontinent are on the autism spectrum ranging from full sensory to just ADHD as the same nerves that are twisted also affect bladder signals
I also think there is probably a correlation with accidents from getting distracted and waiting too long to go to a bathroom. I know that is what happened with my only remembered childhood wetting incident.

I have ADHD and autism. It took me until I was 6 to get fully toilet trained. But still have accidents because I was too occupied with something else. Other times the bathroom was too far away.

Reactions: wetaccident, perlFerret, DianaDiagonal and 1 other person
While incontinence or "accidents" is not a diagnostic criteria for ADHD, there may be a low correlation to ADHD and potty accidents. ADHD is a neuropsychological disorder with certain brain structures that are different from a normal control group sample (I won't go into the anatomy for this discussion). From a developmental perspective, it is not unusual for children with ADHD to lag about two years behind in psychosocial development-many children with ADHD prefer to play with other children about two years younger than they are. Two important diagnostic criteria for ADHD are impulsivity and deficits with attention and concentration. These deficits, for obvious reasons I hope, may play a role with ADHD children who have toileting accidents, but more research is needed in this area.

IC both ways are sadly a well-known Co Morbid to ADHD /ASD, and for us that already had difficulties in young age, and if lucky things calm down say 10 + sadly the risk of us getting it back again in adult (20 +) is indeed there as the case in my case (both ADHD and ASD)

Thanxs for all replies! I'm suspecting that I might have ADHD/ADD, and that I unknowingly have had it for most part of my life (38yrs). I have many of the symptoms for it, and it's to the point where it's driving my wife frustrated and crazy.

I often have accidentes at moments where Im not concentraded, and wondering if this can have some connection to the incontinence (or perhaps more correctly accidents) I have been suddently developing these last years. My consentration is so bad that I can stand in front of people talking to me and not catch anything they are saying.

I dont know how late I was pottytrained and dont remember having accidents as a kid between 5 and 13. However not sure if that's relevant? Have anyone experienced ADHD/ADD and accidents due to this developing later in life without any huge issues as a kid?

I would also love to hear from those who had history with accidents as a kid. Did you get a diagnoses early or much later in life?

Dunno 🤔 how did you get a diag for them conditions?

mechanicX said:
Dunno 🤔 how did you get a diag for them conditions?
Im going to my primary doctor today, and then she will decide if I should be refered to a psychologist. From there the path can be a few days and up to 6 months before they have a diagnosis.

Hi there
So I have adhd and was late to toilet train wasn't day potty trianed till I was 9 and night problems to this day(26). Adhd isn't a bad thing and getting a diagnosis is a good thing can be life changing seen it help people alot(ive had adhd since I was young). And questions more then welcome to answer.

DianaDiagonal said:

I have autism +dd and always had potty troubles was dry for a while but it started again so wife put me back in diapers. I think there is a big connection to wetting.

sport1 said:
I have autism +dd and always had potty troubles was dry for a while but it started again so wife put me back in diapers. I think there is a big connection to wetting.

Thanks for your feedback!

In what ages were you wet/dry?

I have been dry for as loong as I can remember, however these last years has been characterized by frequent accidents and often bedwettings. No one has been able so far to tell me whats causing it, so I am kind off working on that on my own.

• Sad
Reactions: sport1
DianaDiagonal said:
Thanks for your feedback!

In what ages were you wet/dry?

I have been dry for as loong as I can remember, however these last years has been characterized by frequent accidents and often bedwettings. No one has been able so far to tell me whats causing it, so I am kind off working on that on my own.
I was dry after 13yrs in childhood then in my 50's it started and my wife stepped and requested me in diapers. There is no funny business. Thanks.

I was diagnosed ADHD in my 50’s which, in a way, was a relief as the “beast” finally had a name.
As for any connection between ADHD and ABDL and/or continence issues, there is research indicating a link between ADHD (and, I’d assume ASD?) and a delay in emotional development, but it’s complicated by other factors such as parenting and, particularly in my case, the trauma of potty training.
My mother wanted me out of diapers ASAP, much faster than I remember being ready to handle. To this end she would shame me, then punish me with spankings, whenever I had an accident. One occasion still seared in my memory is of being outside playing when, suddenly, I felt the need to potty and, just as suddenly, I did. By the time I made it to the house the deed was done, and I got spanked.
There are so many variables that can affect how any child, especially with ADHD/ASD, develops and matures, I’m not sure how you tease out something as anecdotal as my experiences, and apply it broadly to the diagnosis.
My two cents…

Reactions: sport1 and DianaDiagonal
DianaDiagonal said:
Im going to my primary doctor today, and then she will decide if I should be refered to a psychologist. From there the path can be a few days and up to 6 months before they have a diagnosis.
I see

I can only speak from my own experience as an ADHD-enhanced individual, but I suspect there’s a correlation with desiring to use diapers from a purely logical perspective, if you mature in a specific way. At least, that’s how I came by it.

We learn to harness our hyperfocus when it comes along, and I’ve observed that stopping to use the bathroom can take me out of that. If the thought occurs to you to use diapers, you might roll that thought around in your head for days or months before acting on it.

I don’t believe there’s a correlation with physical or neurological incontinence in ADHD. There may be a relationship to bed wetting, and I did bed wet rarely but enough to remember. Even had an unexpected wet bed in my teens when I was visiting my step family. It was never managed with diapers.

Reactions: Tinklepanties and DianaDiagonal
So the doc refered me to a psyc who will evaluate me. There is approx 12 month waitinglist, but at least it's free. Might be faster if someone cancell.

Rolling thoughs around in my head for a loonger period of time is "how I roll" 😛 My bladder dosent feel like it's manageing to establishing a "3 way TCP handshake connection" with my brain as my brain settings keeps resetting to a default UDP broadcast (so to speak). If youre not a computernerd it means that my bladder feels like its not getting any feedback from my brain, as it's to busy broadcasting other thoughts. Is this something anyone can relate to?

If anyone has any cents or bitcoins to share, please feel free to do so. Im happy to read any currency you have to offer 🙂

Reactions: perlFerret
DianaDiagonal said:
"3 way TCP handshake connection" with my brain as my brain settings keeps resetting to a default UDP broadcast (so to speak). If youre not a computernerd it means that my bladder feels like its not getting any feedback from my brain, as it's to busy broadcasting other thoughts. Is this something anyone can relate to?
AEFFB4D9-AED6-4476-8397-C0D4DD3648DF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back