Actually saw someone wearing

PCS said:
I meant it reveals the fact that the girl is wearing a nappy.

I once saw a girl who looked about five happily scooting along on her scooter wearing black leggings and an Aldi nappy clearly visible poking out the back of it. The leggings also meant the shape of the nappy was visible.

If you have an older child who needs nappies, leggings are not the thing to put them in unless you want everyone to notice the nappy, which I wouldn’t if I was that parent.

She may have been younger. Some kids are tall. My nephew is 4 and is the height of a 6 year old. He doesnt wear nappies now. But when he was 2 people probably thought he was 4

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jr2012
It's kind of...creepy? that people think it's inappropriate for a CHILD to wear leggings if they're wearing a diaper.

Why you looking so hard? I see a kid wearing a diaper, oh well, they need one still. I don't sit and concern myself with how old they might be to still be wearing one.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, Lyokodl and 2 others
PCS said:
If you have an older child who needs nappies, leggings are not the thing to put them in unless you want everyone to notice the nappy, which I wouldn’t if I was that parent.

In that particular girl's case, it could have been that she was in her own community where the fact that she still wore nappies was fairly well-known and accepted because maybe she had a medical condition. She may never have been out of nappies nor conscious that most children her age don't wear them. Once school starts (assuming she doesn't have a learning disability and go to a special school), and she has to mix with kids outside her immediate area, she may well become more aware of that and adults will need to protect her from the consequences of it.

She may also have been a bit younger than five.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012 and OfficialPastelPoppet
CuddleWoozle said:
It's kind of...creepy? that people think it's inappropriate for a CHILD to wear leggings if they're wearing a diaper.

Why you looking so hard? I see a kid wearing a diaper, oh well, they need one still. I don't sit and concern myself with how old they might be to still be wearing one.
I was thinking more of it from the point of view that the kid might end up being embarrassed if, for example, a classmate or nursery friend saw them.

I seem to have caused offence here by saying that if I had a child still in nappies I wouldn’t put them in leggings... and that’s somehow creepy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and OfficialPastelPoppet
PCS said:
I was thinking more of it from the point of view that the kid might end up being embarrassed if, for example, a classmate or nursery friend saw them.

I seem to have caused offence here by saying that if I had a child still in nappies I wouldn’t put them in leggings... and that’s somehow creepy?

The way you worded your concern just sounded off-key to some of us.

PCS said:

Personally I don't see the issue either -
But as far as other kids seeing it - I wore diapers all though school (Life-Long IC issues) - trust me, in those places, it's impossible for other kids not to know about it. And even if it's one that does not go to the same place, if they hang out more than rarely - there is a good chance something has already happened - more than one or two times, to make it known anyway.
But I get your point - I just know from experience, the logic is a little flawed - because any kid they would come across has a pretty good chance of knowing all about the fact that they wear diapers anyway.

DisneyDaddy99 said:
The way you worded your concern just sounded off-key to some of us.
OK, well you have my apologies for causing offence.

None intended.

I completely got what you meant. Personally, if I was 5 and still wearing I would be embaressed because I would know other kids my age dont. However, all kids are different. She may not be embaressed by it. If she can talk, im sure she would object to the leggins if she didnt like them. Kids are very open with their opinions

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, Peanutbutter16 and 3 others
I worked in hospitals and as a paramedic. I've come across them more than a few times. I've come across about three other times in my life I've known someone else was wearing.

I have Autism with dd and have to wear a diaper and when out have a cover over it.I have seen a couple of people in diapers I think. My mother in law was incontinent later in life so did see her.

If you all did not know before, incontinence is actually quite common in women, especially as they age. Pregnancy, giving birth and menopause can all weaken the muscles down there and cause urinary incontinence. Yes, it can be treated, but it's much more common in women. So don't be too surprised by the amount of older ladies out there wearing.

Reactions: sport1, Diprs2, Jr2012 and 1 other person
CuddleWoozle said:
If you all did not know before, incontinence is actually quite common in women, especially as they age. Pregnancy, giving birth and menopause can all weaken the muscles down there and cause urinary incontinence. Yes, it can be treated, but it's much more common in women. So don't be too surprised by the amount of older ladies out there wearing.

Yes, in most cases it’s mild, so quite a large proportion of women will be wearing pads and light incontinence pants. But there will be a reasonable amount in nappies, including some young women who have had difficult births.

I do not want anyone to know that I wear diapers and go to great lengths to keep them concealed. That said, the secret does eventually get out, at least with those who are with me regularly, like family. Wearing pants that are one size bigger in the waist with an untucked shirt seems to work well for me, a guy, even with a thick premium disposable, booster pad and plastic pants. I've only only had several people outside of my family (who said anything) ever notice that I was wearing, and that was due to my shirt pulling up when I either bent over or reached up to get something off a high shelf, or on another occasion where they noticed the bulk in the front of my pants when sitting down (as is probably the case with most of you, it is very uncomfortable to cross your legs when wearing a disposable diaper). I do work with senior citizens and disabled individuals, so I frequently am exposed to incontinence and the products people wear to manage them. Over the course of my life I have only randomly noticed two people wearing a diaper, and both were disabled.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, sport1 and 1 other person
Don't knock them til you try 'em. I tried my gf's, and was hooked enough to get my own pair. They are warm in the summer, and feel...great! I wish I could wear them to work, but as a teacher...

I saw a woman, perhaps in her mid 40's, who was clearly wearing.
She was in the que for Morrison's leaning over her trolley to support her not inconsiderable weight, and the outline of the padded part of a pullup was very viable through her thin, light grey pajama bottoms.
I later saw her with a few duo packs of tena maxi night pads, but I'm fairly sure she had a pull up of some kind on.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, OfficialPastelPoppet and 1 other person
There was a woman in my old neighborhood around my age who I saw carrying incontinence underwear bags. I saw her also carrying Depends max diapers. I wanted to let her know about better diapers but was always too scared to say anything.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012, DLScottsman and 1 other person
KenworthW900b said:
I don't wanna derail the thread too far but I will be glad when this leggings fad is over. I have seen way too much of way too many people that I really did not want to see, pull ups and other incontinence aids included. Though I will say as more form fitting clothing has become popular it has become obvious that a few more people than one might think both male and female are wearing some type of protection.
Leggings are NOT PANTS 😤 I would love to see women actually make the effort to put together an outfit than toss on yoga pants/leggings (workout/exercise fine of coarse!) And a sweatshirt pass that off as "I'm ready for the day"! Not only do we see right up the ass, which usually has visible cellulite and lumps/bumps but even worse is the front camel toe with the material so tight it's literally not any stretch to imagine what is underneath (sighs)..I want this fad to FADE too! Diapers + leggings is a NO GO unless under a dress, skirt or tunic length top!!!

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyokodl, Zeke and 2 others
I saw a lady in a wheelchair at the supermarket today ho had her nappy showing as clear as day, I considered saying something to her friend or cear giver ho was with her but it was so obvious that I think that they just weren't concerned.

Reactions: Diprs2 and OfficialPastelPoppet
DiaperKat said:
Leggings are NOT PANTS 😤 I would love to see women actually make the effort to put together an outfit than toss on yoga pants/leggings (workout/exercise fine of coarse!) And a sweatshirt pass that off as "I'm ready for the day"! Not only do we see right up the ass, which usually has visible cellulite and lumps/bumps but even worse is the front camel toe with the material so tight it's literally not any stretch to imagine what is underneath (sighs)..I want this fad to FADE too! Diapers + leggings is a NO GO unless under a dress, skirt or tunic length top!!!

"leggings are not trousers"

My lazy a*s is personally offended 😂😂

I agree that leggings and nappy is a NO NO though, unless under a dress or skirt of covering up length

Reactions: Diprs2, Jr2012 and Lyokodl
ltaluv said:
I wonder what would posess somebody to wear leggings over a diaper? Although nobody should feel ashamed of incontinence, most people still view it as a deeply personal matter that they don't want to share with the world.
Because people think leggings are pants.

Back