Actually Incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
I've been incontinent for about 20 years now, but have always loved wearing diapers. It was actually hard at first being forced I to diapers, and there was a bunch of times I had wanted to be diaper free. However, after coming to terms with my need for diapers I found I really do love wearing diapers even with needing them.

I became incontinent a few years back due to diabetic related problems that cannot be cured. I wear nappies all the time now and have become somewhat DL as a result. My wife says where is the harm if it helps me cope with my incontinence and need for nappies.

Where there is a community of people with a legitimate problem, there's always going to be a portion (hopefully small one but not always) in it for the wrong reasons. Incontinence isn't really fun once you get into it, so people who "get off" on it are gonna do their thing and be a nuisance. I'm still new and haven't seen any of this stuff yet but i expected i would coming into it and sort of braced myself already.

But i also think people like that are why there's these contributor ranks the admins (or whatever you call people who run forums?) that you need to achieve to view some threads. That way the really serious stuff isn't accessible to them very easily

I've been here a little over two months and I have noticed some questionable posts from people, it was kind of disappointing to see at first but it's the internet, anyone can join and pretend to be anything, what StroudtheCloud says it's correct in a way, there's always someone with some other motive......... Anyway I would be too hostile towards speculations because you never really know what someone has been through, incontinence can affect people's quality of life, mental health. I would just say support anyone who seems like they would need it.

Well said Mia. I think most have some sort of hidden agenda. Those that are upfront with their ab/dl tendentensies and are respectful, I really have no problem with. I think the key word here is support. It's in the title of the site and it's what most come here for. Whether it's for support or for just discussion, the whole site is benificial in that regard. I know for myself, it's good to know that their are others like me, who experience the same inconveniences, are diaper dependent and deal with the issues on an around the clock basis.

jack3295 said:
Well said Mia. I think most have some sort of hidden agenda. Those that are upfront with their ab/dl tendentensies and are respectful, I really have no problem with. I think the key word here is support. It's in the title of the site and it's what most come here for. Whether it's for support or for just discussion, the whole site is benificial in that regard. I know for myself, it's good to know that their are others like me, who experience the same inconveniences, are diaper dependent and deal with the issues on an around the clock basis.

Also well said jack, the real issues are these people that come here, start asking for wetting/messing stories after saying things that sound straight out of a diaper lover story. This just can be kind of irritating and often it turns out it’s minors.

It is my actual incontinentence, need for help bathing and dressing that forever fuel my desire for a real mommy

Being a widower I can feel such sympathy with CP dude. I had such support and tolerance from my partner that there is a big gap in my life still. This site goes a good way to fill the gap because I know I am not alone dealing with IC carefully, but without having anyone else being there to -well just to be there and do anything that might be needed.

What I have written here is true, but all of us are economical with the truth sometimes. Pretence on a site like this is usually easily spotted and isn't too big a problem. But when we lie to ourselves it does us no good.

I respect people who say "I would like to be incontinent" far more than those who pretend they are.

I guess you could say I have a form of incontinence. I have some pretty inconvenient IBS D and I'm either rushing to a toilet most times during its most intense flare ups or uncomfortably struggling to hold it to avoid making an embarassing mess until I can conveniently find a toilet. It's not fun, but wearing diapers full time would make it a hell of lot more convenient to deal with, I can tell you that much. In fact, I probably should, but may have to purchase my own supplies out of pocket and I cannot currently afford to do that so I'm stuck in a sort of inbetween position where I could technically survive without diapers and pass as a normal continent person, but it's just really inconvenient to do so. It's not impossible, just incredibly inconvenient and the inconveniences of managing the IBS with diapers in my own internal logical deliberation are concluded to far more manageable to deal with than the risk of an embarassing unprotected mess and the pain/discomfort of struggling to hold it which is equally unhealthy. The choice is obvious. Faux-incontinence, laziness, call it what you will, but the fact is treating my condition as full blown incontinence and managing it as such is the most logical option for someone in my position, better safe than sorry.

As for the "fakers" I don't believe they are relevant in the grand scheme of things and there are ultimately much more important matters we could concern ourselves with instead.

I have urinary incontinence and need to wear nappies and pullups for it. my incontinence is caused by having autism and intellectual disability

SnowPrincessSophie said:
I guess you could say I have a form of incontinence. I have some pretty inconvenient IBS D and I'm either rushing to a toilet most times during its most intense flare ups or uncomfortably struggling to hold it to avoid making an embarassing mess until I can conveniently find a toilet. It's not fun, but wearing diapers full time would make it a hell of lot more convenient to deal with, I can tell you that much. In fact, I probably should, but may have to purchase my own supplies out of pocket and I cannot currently afford to do that so I'm stuck in a sort of inbetween position where I could technically survive without diapers and pass as a normal continent person, but it's just really inconvenient to do so. It's not impossible, just incredibly inconvenient and the inconveniences of managing the IBS with diapers in my own internal logical deliberation are concluded to far more manageable to deal with than the risk of an embarassing unprotected mess and the pain/discomfort of struggling to hold it which is equally unhealthy. The choice is obvious. Faux-incontinence, laziness, call it what you will, but the fact is treating my condition as full blown incontinence and managing it as such is the most logical option for someone in my position, better safe than sorry.

As for the "fakers" I don't believe they are relevant in the grand scheme of things and there are ultimately much more important matters we could concern ourselves with instead.
Have you ever heard of functional Incontinence, I would say your a poster child for it , and would bet ( even though they are really cheap) you would not have trouble getting a prescription for them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I don't know of any private insurance companies who would cover that. I guess I could give it a shot maybe.

SnowPrincessSophie said:
I don't know of any private insurance companies who would cover that. I guess I could give it a shot maybe.
I know people both on Medicare & Medicaid that have diapers covered for that, as a general rule insurance companies Play follow the leader of what M&M do .if your doctor writes you a script for it then they should cover it, functional IC is IC , even my GF who recieves Medicaid and has functional IC ,gets hers covered, she had MS and had a bad leg , she fell transferring to the toilet and broke her leg severely, they put her in a nursing home well it healed and the doctors said you will wear and use diapers because she can not independently transfer to the toilet or in and out of bed without an Aide using a hoyer lift.

Pretty much the definition of Functional IC is the inability to use the toilet due to lack of sensation, muscle problem ,impaired mobility, insufficient time between being told you need to go and getting to the toilet, impaired ability to remove clothing, or insufficient cognitive ability to interpret the need to go.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

As long as diapers are "medically necessary", and you have a prescription or order for them from your doctor, then legally they are required to provide them.

Of course, that might not stop them from denying your claim all the same. Just appeal it and follow through with it and you'll get them. Also, your insurance may want to provide you with inferior diapers. Accept them at first, then submit a new claim later on explaining why you need better diapers (excessive leaking as example).

May give it a shot, Still don't qualify for Medicare/caid but will try my luck with whatever private insurance I get.

I now have no control at all of my peeing, did have some left at one point, but after wearing diapers full time in case of accidents, got fed up with running to the toilet only to pee myself before I got there. Eventually gave up trying and used my diaper, what little control soon left

jamie72 said:
I now have no control at all of my peeing, did have some left at one point, but after wearing diapers full time in case of accidents, got fed up with running to the toilet only to pee myself before I got there. Eventually gave up trying and used my diaper, what little control soon left

I was the same. I was sick of trying to make it to a toilet and risking wetting my self. I spoke to the continence nurse and she said if I switched to wearing pads as she calls them all the time what remaining control I had would soon be lost. She tried to convince me to keep trying to retain some ccontrol but agreed it was me that had to live with being incontinent. She was right of course and soon I had hardly any control at all and probably never will now.

Do you regret it? I do not, makes life much easie and less stressful - I wear high capacity so that I do not leak

Same here. I started out and still am a DL, but became incontinent not by choice. And even still my ultimate treatment plan for my type of incontinence was to actually make my incontinence even more functionally severe.

I've been called out plenty of times as if I were faking it just because I still praise diapers and have figured out they are every bit a mental part of me as mush as I physically need them too, even as recently as just yesterday. Sometimes this is berating based on simple hatred or misunderstanding, and sometimes it's just because people don't like to admit they are wrong, or just because they're trolls who like seeing the world burn.

Slomo said:
Same here. I started out and still am a DL, but became incontinent not by choice.

I also started as a DL, but became incontinent not by choice. Although with me the experience has seriously dampened my "love" of diapers. Most of the time I'm OK with them, some of the time I'm tired/disgusted by them, and an increasingly smaller amount of time I'm turned on my them :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back