ABU or Rearz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
which one should i get? the only thing im concerned about is the sizing because each brand has a different size medium and im so slim i barely reach the bottom of the size chart.

i have a 28' waist and medium attends fit me perfectly while the medium abena feels loose and slightly too big.

i know that tykables, bambino and cuddlz are on the smaller side but i really want the princess and/or littlepawz diapers and it'd be a waste of money if they wouldn't fit properly.

so does anyone know if i'll be better off with rearz or abu? or should i get something else? (i really really want the princess diaper. it's sooooo cute)

i know about sample packs but it would cost somewhere around 40€ to have them shipped to my place and im not paying that much for just 2 diapers. also, buying a single "tester" bag wouldn't be worth it. money's tight and shipping's expensive so i wanna make one big order to make it worth the money and last for a few months.

thanks in advance for your answers :)

Both companies sell several different models of diapers, this isn't an A or B sort of thing.

Both company's in-house made diapers fit about the same. If you like princess, get some. Should fit a medium though it may be a bit big on you. Samples are always a good idea. Yes, tyk and bam are about a half size small. a Medium in either of those might be a closer fit for you.

Rearz: (5)
- princess, safari, seduction: all the same model/fit, different look
I haven't tried their white ones but it looks like one is safari model and the other is spoiled model

ABU: (7)
- Space, Simple, Princess, Lavender: same model/fit, different look
paws are same physical model but slightly different shell construction
preschool are hybrid version of the all-plastic SDK

So you've got 5-6 models to choose from, 12 total, of just their core products. Rearz carries a great deal more additional inventory, including bambino thrust vector, and most of the high performance medical diapers.

Rearz's mixed case changes from time to time, but their current offering is a nice variety, one bag of each of 5 different models:
http://rearz.ca/product_info.php?cPath=145_85_128&products_id=1309
Unfortunately they don't include princes, they have a bag of the same model (safari) instead
you can get their Rearz mixed case that does come with a bag of princess, but it will have less model variety.

ABU has mixed cases but they don't have a lot of variety to them. In the past they've been okay with custom building cases. call or email them and see if they stil do that, I suspect they do. A 4 bag case of 10ea of different models would be a good idea. I'd suggest lavender (similar to princess), space, SDK, and Paws.

ALL of that being said, if you're worried about fit, order a sample from Rears and/or ABU.
Rearz: unfortunately their medium variety sampler is out of date and has some diapers that aren't available in quantity anymore, and is missing current models (like Princess), you'll have to order multiple 2pc samplers.
ABU: get two samplers (of mediums) so you have one each of simple, space, preschool, and paws. (no cushies... hmmf)

Sorry can't say about sizing to help but have you thought of buying from ABDL marketplace as they are in your country and I think have samples..... my money would be on MyDiaper Night Pink btw.

Love ABUs products completely though.

both are great from what i hear!

id have a closet full of space/paws and safari/pink if i could :p

I'm 6ft tall with a 34" waist and the paws medium fit ok, a little tight, I like my tapes more forward.
When I was at teddycon I got to try a rearz safari medium and it was slightly larger than the Abu paws,space, simple

Im very slim too. So much in fact that the ABU Preschools mediums (Although i wear a medium adult diaper) was to large. I never tried rearz so I cant vouch for them.

I have used both and think both have a great product. As for sizing they are pretty similar is sizing form what I can tell. I think I prefer abu slightly more but they are pretty close. Both feel and fit great and both have a variety of designs and styles that should hopefully have something you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back