Abena m4

Fox34

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What is your thoughts on Abena m4?

I have a pack for emergency use only. Too bulky and noisy plus the pulp clumps up very early.

When this pack is used up, I probably won’t buy them again.

Reactions: SpacemanJack and Fox34
abjimbob86 said:
I have a pack for emergency use only. Too bulky and noisy plus the pulp clumps up very early.

When this pack is used up, I probably won’t buy them again.
I have the same experiene, I find them too bulky. They just don’t fit very well.

There is a bit of tightness around my legs but it feels kinda nice. It soon wears off though.

Plastic rips easily, and they tend to leak.
The "2 year old" use to use them, and had many issues. I switched him to BetterDry Mediums and things are much better now.

KitsuneFox said:
The "2 year old" use to use them, and had many issues. I switched him to BetterDry Mediums and things are much better now.
Where I’m from they are cloth, but sure, I prefer BetterDry too.

KitsuneFox said:
Btw. Like your profile pic 😁

Reactions: KitsuneFox
I like Abena's at night. they wick better than Better Dry which I like for daytime.

I like them, they're thick, pretty loud, and I think pretty hot. Also, they wick really well, so for the price I'll definitely pick up a pack next time. Maybe not a great diaper for people with real incontinence needs tho.

Ereid2k19 said:
I like them, they're thick, pretty loud, and I think pretty hot. Also, they wick really well, so for the price I'll definitely pick up a pack next time. Maybe not a great diaper for people with real incontinence needs tho.
Sorry for my bad English, but what does it mean when a nappy wick? :)

Fox34 said:
Where I’m from they are cloth, but sure, I prefer BetterDry too.
Yes in Europe they're cotton feel backed which sucks because they sag more than plastic backed, plus their tapes don't stick well to it.

They don't absorb fast enough , let alone enough , for me.
The only good working products abena has are their abri San, they seem to absorb better and leak less fast, for light incontinence.

They definitely don't compare to their predecessor From 2003.

I too switched to betterdry, problem solved.

I think Abenas are a decent option that is cost-effective. I have worn the standard plastic-backed ones at night for my bedwetting and they seem to work well. Very seldom do I notice leaks. (But I also wear plastic panties overtop just to be safe.) As for their bulk and noise, those are actually aspects that I somewhat enjoy about Abena diapers!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Jonnythepony and Fox34
Fox34 said:
Sorry for my bad English, but what does it mean when a nappy wick? :)
Wicking means that the urine spreads out to the other areas of the padding.

The M4 is too big and bulk on me (125lb 29”). The S4 is in my regular rotation mainly for the fit. I find the Abena products to clump up more so than swell though it’s not terrible. They tend to sag when wet. I think they are good for the price.

Getting lower and lower in quality, subtly.

Popular subject and diaper too! As I have posted in past threads the M-4s are still my go to diaper even after years of downgrades, they just fit right. Since the first downgrade from X-Plus to M-series they have lost their front elastic, rear elastic, about half of their SAP, some of their fluff, the tapes are worse and recently the plastic backing has gotten even thinner so they stretch out and get loose overnight, and yet I still love them! I wear the M-4s on weekend nights with a baby diaper as a booster and the combination holds a ton comfortably.

Reactions: justanotherDL, Jonnythepony and RedPandaDL
Abena’s were my first ABDL diaper. I like them a lot. Their plastic reminds me of a baby diaper along with how fluffy they are.
And you can’t beat the price and the fact that you can quickly get them from Amazon.
While I also like many cuter ABDL diapers, especially the hook and loop diapers, I will always have my dependable Abenas.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and RedPandaDL
I like them a lot but mostly because the M4's fit my hips perfectly and I can readjust them too. They have always fit me pretty well and I've used them for over 10 years at least. I do agree they break apart a bit after a lot of wetting but for me they often don't leak and fit really well under clothes.

Reactions: justanotherDL, RedPandaDL and Jonnythepony
I quite like the Abena M4...I'm actually wearing one right now. I've never had an issue with them, they're usually my go-to when it comes to public wearing; they fit me fine and they're just bulky enough for comfort but not too conspicuous.

Reactions: justanotherDL and RedPandaDL
I have just started about 2 months ago trying out Abena M4's and just had a case delivered by Northshore last week. As is often the situation there will be different reviews, opinions, and experiences. I LIKE MY ABENA M4's. I find the plastic soft and supple, and not at all crinkly, in fact one of the most silent plastic back diapers I wear. I don't find them to be all that bulky and consequently I wear them discreetly during the day at work without incident, detection, or leaks. With regard to leaks/absorbency any diaper has its maximum capacity, so it is good to know your diaper and wetting patterns. I know my different diaper brands both medical and ABDL, so I can judge how much I can wet throughout the day. Of course I have had a few miscalculations, nothing is perfect. ABENA M4 diapers can also get me through the night, but for heavy night time wetter's I recommend a diaper soaker of some sort. Since I can use the Abena M4 diapers for both day and night use I call them "Goldilock's" diapers...just right for both. I also like the blue line design on white that I find somewhat aesthetically pleasing, but certainly not an ABDL diaper. Because they are mostly white, I also like to be able to see the wetness through the plastic. I am not incontinent, and consider myself a DL, not AB, in other words, I just like the diapers, and not other baby things. Giving them a trial run with one package or sample is the only way to decide for yourself.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Seasonedcitizen and RedPandaDL
Back