ABDL storefronts

BabyBunnyXL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I was hoping people could shed light on their experience with going to a brick and mortar ABDL store. I am interested in visiting.ABDLR in Denver but very nervous.

Reactions: denimchicken, KBoy and Cottontail
It's understandable to be nervous but rest assured ABDLR is a safe and fun store to visit. I've visited 2 physical stores, ABDLR and Tykables in Chicago, every time was a positive experience. The people there know you're probably out of your element and work to put you at ease.

Reactions: denimchicken, TigerDL, littledub1955 and 3 others
SuperAbsorbentPolymer said:
It's understandable to be nervous but rest assured ABDLR is a safe and fun store to visit. I've visited 2 physical stores, ABDLR and Tykables in Chicago, every time was a positive experience. The people there know you're probably out of your element and work to put you at ease.
Really? How do they do that? Do you mind expanding a little? Do they have discrete bags?

Reactions: denimchicken and NKY2020
BabyBunnyXL said:
Really? How do they do that? Do you mind expanding a little? Do they have discrete bags?
Yes, discrete bags/boxes. And they're nice to you and give you as much (figurative) handholding or lack thereof as you want.

Reactions: NKY2020 and BabyBunnyXL
I visited Changing Times in Las Vegas, and it was a pleasant experience. The owner there was very friendly, and put me at ease. It's just like any other shopping experience.

Reactions: DLDeeder, Jonnythepony, BabyBunnyXL and 3 others
It's not a conventional retail experience, but I've been to ABU in Everett many times. (I live in the area.) The place is, first and foremost, a warehouse. It looks pretty dumpy on the outside! You have to ring a doorbell and ask to be admitted, which is a bit awkward the first time. You might wonder whether you're the victim of some practical joke. I've never had a bad experience though. Everybody's been very welcoming, and there's a cute little retail space inside. There's also a fitting room with baby decor and an adult-sized changing table, which of course I had to try out. :) When I went there to buy my first onesie, the employees helped me with sizing and gave me a free sample diaper (of whatever type I wanted) to wear while trying on the onesies. Before you leave, they quickly pack your in-store purchases into a plain box, just as if you'd ordered online.

Because it's a small place, and because you do have to interact with employees to get in, it might not be the best first ABDL store experience for somebody who's really shy. And it probably goes without saying, but they only sell ABU products. I wouldn't say shopping in person at ABU is worth a multi-hour drive, but if you're in the area...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, BabyBunnyXL, BBBen and 2 others
SuperAbsorbentPolymer said:
I too had good experiences at both stores. The staff at both places were very friendly and answered all my questions courteously and didn't make me feel embarressed by being there.

Reactions: denimchicken, BabyBunnyXL and SuperAbsorbentPolymer
BabyBunnyXL said:
I was hoping people could shed light on their experience with going to a brick and mortar ABDL store. I am interested in visiting.ABDLR in Denver but very nervous.
I live in Denver, so I go once a month or thereabouts. The staff is great,friendly, helpful. They really put you at ease. The first time I went in I was nervous as hell. Then I thought everyone in there is there for the same reason. It's nice not having to goto a Wallgreens 2 cities over to get your diapers. I've been a DL for 40+ years, I've bought diapers in 100s of different stores, so not to be found out or lie as to why I was getting adult diapers. ABDLr has been a wish fulfilled. So, if you go, go in knowing everyone in there is just like you,and they're probably in diapers. Go have fun.

Reactions: denimchicken, Lumos, inhershoes and 1 other person
I think it would be an awesome be able to go to one. I don't have any options less than a 2-day drive LOL. So I'm sticking to web order. Kind of surprised that California doesn't have one. It's a pretty forward community!

Reactions: denimchicken
Oh man, I so wish I could go shop in a store like that. It would be like living out a dream. I'd have a diaper on, a T-shirt style onsie (I like those because when people see them, they look like a plain ole T-shirt that's just tucked in. They have no clue they're actually seeing the whole top half of your onesie.) Anyhow, it would make shopping SO easy being dressed like that.

Cottontail said:
That’s amazing. Thank you for sharing. :) It's not a conventional retail experience, but I've been to ABU in Everett many times. (I live in the area.) The place is, first and foremost, a warehouse. It looks pretty dumpy on the outside! You have to ring a doorbell and ask to be admitted, which is a bit awkward the first time. You might wonder whether you're the victim of some practical joke. I've never had a bad experience though. Everybody's been very welcoming, and there's a cute little retail space inside. There's also a fitting room with baby decor and an adult-sized changing table, which of course I had to try out. :) When I went there to buy my first onesie, the employees helped me with sizing and gave me a free sample diaper (of whatever type I wanted) to wear while trying on the onesies. Before you leave, they quickly pack your in-store purchases into a plain box, just as if you'd ordered online.

Because it's a small place, and because you do have to interact with employees to get in, it might not be the best first ABDL store experience for somebody who's really shy. And it probably goes without saying, but they only sell ABU products. I wouldn't say shopping in person at ABU is worth a multi-hour drive, but if you're in the area...

I started going to one in Toronto (Universal Diapers). Was super nervous and awkward the first time, but then I started going regularly. It's a bit awkward when you see someone else browsing around, because you both know why you're there.

Reactions: denimchicken and Binky151
Albany NY. There's ABDL Botique. It is a ABDL store that is in a Medical Supply Store. The ABDL Botique is in a separate area. They sell ABDL diapers from ABU,Rearz so on. They have onsies and other AB clothing and accessories.
The store is called NEOMobility. Albany NY.
Use Google for finding Web site and pics.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: googlyeyes467 and denimchicken
I’ve only been to my inner baby before they got shut down. They was nice to everyone, if there was another shopper there they pretty much stay to themselves.

Reactions: TigerDL and ForrestLump
ItsyBitsyBabySara said:
I’ve only been to my inner baby before they got shut down. They was nice to everyone, if there was another shopper there they pretty much stay to themselves.
I used to go to my inner baby a lot before they got shut down. They were great people and very easy to talk to.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and ItsyBitsyBabySara
The store in Denver is so nice the owners are some of the nicest people. I was nervous the first time and walked in and they were so welcoming. They know why you are there: it is in somewhat of a secluded area, and you can park right in front of the store, make your purchase, and leave with a black bag with your goods in it. When I have gone back since, I was more comfortable and asked questions, and they were helpful in finding what I wanted in color and sizing.

Reactions: denimchicken
Im curious why some people go to some storefronts like Changing Times in Las Vegas to get samples. Samples are always more expensive. It would make more sense to go and get full packs to me.

I am also a MIB (My Inner Baby) shopper on a regular basis before they closed. The people who ran the cash register were completely understanding and fans of my DL nature. Fellow shoppers were courteous and I never felt awkward shopping there. I shop at MIB online now, and I have ongoing conversations with store employees, who are the BEST!

Reactions: Traveler, AndyPandy and Cottontail
iastatedl said:
Im curious why some people go to some storefronts like Changing Times in Las Vegas to get samples. Samples are always more expensive. It would make more sense to go and get full packs to me.
One of the main reasons for trying samples is to test out the sizing of diapers. Since the sizes vary between brands, and some people are between sizes, it's better to pay a little bit extra for some samples in case they don't work out, rather than buying a whole pack or case of the wrong size and being stuck with diapers you can't use. So the higher price of samples is more of an investment to ensure you'll choose the right size. And CTDC doesn't charge terribly much for their samples, about $3-4 per diaper, which is actually about how much some diapers from ABDL brands cost these days.

Some brands also have different fits, so even within the same brand it's good to try out samples of the different cuts to see which you prefer or fit you the best.

And then there is the reason of trying out the different designs, which is the main reason I have bought samples. There are so many cute designs to try, there's no way I can buy packs of each and use them all. And some designs I just want to test out, they don't appeal to me at first but maybe the sample will convince me otherwise, or their performance far outweighs the design. Once I know which designs I prefer, then I can go ahead and buy packs/cases of them.

Reactions: iastatedl
I went into the two former locations of Rearz, which is not far from where I live. The first location was a dank warehouse in back of another business. The second location, which was a lot nicer, was in an industrial area of town. Their new location is not open to the public. I have also been to Universal Diaper in the west end of Toronto. It's been a few years but from what I recall, it was a store mostly geared towards babies and juvenile wear, but with a good ABDL section. Just a basic storefront on a busy street in a busy city.

What I found interesting about the Rearz locations is that it was one of the few times I have been around other ABDL folks who were indulging their interests openly. I could have conversations with Rearz staff members without feeling like I had to pretend as I did in home healthcare stores.

Reactions: leafgoalie and AndyPandy
Back