ABDL Event

LittleBabyGirl19

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I always wanted to go to an abdl event and I go to a website to see if I can buy tickets, They are always sold out. For example, TeddyCon 2019 is already sold out and it's not until October. When do they first start selling tickets? I've been meaning to go for the last few years, but never on the website at the right time. Also, are people mor modest at these events or do they wear shirts with diapers showing? Or onesies? Or do some people come dresses normal?

I don't know when they start selling but as with most conventions they sell out fast.

Though I've never been to one I've done some research and it seems to be in general that you have to be dressed vanilla in any surrounding public spaces but inside convention spaces the only limits are no genitalia showing, so people can be wearing just diapers, shirts and diapers, onesies and diapers, etc., though whatever you're comfortable with goes

Many people reserve their tickets at the show for the next year.

LittleBabyGirl19 said:
I always wanted to go to an abdl event and I go to a website to see if I can buy tickets, They are always sold out. For example, TeddyCon 2019 is already sold out and it's not until October. When do they first start selling tickets? I've been meaning to go for the last few years, but never on the website at the right time. Also, are people mor modest at these events or do they wear shirts with diapers showing? Or onesies? Or do some people come dresses normal?
They started selling on feb 1

Reactions: LittleBabyGirl19
LittleBabyGirl19 said:
Hi there ... yes they sell out fast. I was at TeddyCon last year. They buy out the whole hotel and so as long as you don’t leave you can be as cute as you like throughout the whole hotel provided you’re not naked. But in general the vibe is warm and welcoming. And they even had an indoor playground with tricycles you could ride, a big crib to hang out in, a ball pit, etc. and various activities. You normally find out about these things through Fetlife ... a variety of ABDL groups and events can be found there.

Take care,

Tab

jasonm03 said:
They started selling on feb 1
Thank you! I really needed a date to go off of.

TabulaRasa2017 said:
Hi there ... yes they sell out fast. I was at TeddyCon last year. They buy out the whole hotel and so as long as you don’t leave you can be as cute as you like throughout the whole hotel provided you’re not naked. But in general the vibe is warm and welcoming. And they even had an indoor playground with tricycles you could ride, a big crib to hang out in, a ball pit, etc. and various activities. You normally find out about these things through Fetlife ... a variety of ABDL groups and events can be found there.

Take care,

Tab
That sounds amazing! Although fetlife kind of scares me because lots of nudes and more perverted people.

Try to find someone who is going again and have them charparion you the first day. Once you relax, you will enjoy it.

LittleBabyGirl19 said:
That sounds amazing! Although fetlife kind of scares me because lots of nudes and more perverted people.
Hi there,

Fet was a bit scary for me at first, but you can find different groups in there, and find a vibe you're compatible with. I think that we all need to be careful about labeling anyone as a pervert, particularly because that label can and has been applied to us as well. With FetLife, we're all adults doing (hopefully) consensual things with other adults -- and if you go on a site like Fet, you're bound to see nude people. I would not personally post a picture of myself, but to each their own. Yes, you have to be careful and mindful, yes some people don't have good boundaries, but overall I've found the people I have befriended through Fet and at events to be typical, decent folks. You just have to find your group.

Take care,

Tab

TabulaRasa2017 said:
Hi there,

Fet was a bit scary for me at first, but you can find different groups in there, and find a vibe you're compatible with. I think that we all need to be careful about labeling anyone as a pervert, particularly because that label can and has been applied to us as well. With FetLife, we're all adults doing (hopefully) consensual things with other adults -- and if you go on a site like Fet, you're bound to see nude people. I would not personally post a picture of myself, but to each their own. Yes, you have to be careful and mindful, yes some people don't have good boundaries, but overall I've found the people I have befriended through Fet and at events to be typical, decent folks. You just have to find your group.

Take care,

Tab
Is it true about the lack of moderation on Fetlife? I have heard that the overall site culture doesn't really value self control.

SorcerorElf said:
Is it true about the lack of moderation on Fetlife? I have heard that the overall site culture doesn't really value self control.
Hi there,

I'm certainly no FetLife expert, but the site is really a social network and all that comes with that. Like all these things, you want to be wise about what you share and what you say and do on FetLife, but it's really the only network out there to find active groups of folks and go to events. What happened in my case was that I joined a few groups and poked my head in to say "hi" so to speak, and someone reached out to me. Once a trust was built up over messages, they invited me to an event and put in touch with other folks. I have seen people get kicked out of groups, etc., for not having self control, posting nasty messages, etc., so it's not totally the wild west. But I think the way Fet is set up is that each group has it's own policies and people that oversee and manage the groups. That's why I say, check groups out, see what their vibe is like, and choose things that make you comfortable.

Take care,

Tab

I have always been curious of such events, but I would never go alone

If I had the time to go to it and had somebody to go with I would do it

But by myself I tend to keep to myself and not do very much, I especially dont put myself out there like that

And I think rules are set by the event, like if it were a straight up ABDL event I dont think there would be too strict of rules, whereas an event that was ABDL aware or conscious would probably allow such things but maybe have a "dress code" kind of rule?

Of course this is just perception as I have never been to either though I think Furries are cool and think Diaperfurs = cute

BabyTyrant said:
I have always been curious of such events, but I would never go alone

If I had the time to go to it and had somebody to go with I would do it

But by myself I tend to keep to myself and not do very much, I especially dont put myself out there like that

And I think rules are set by the event, like if it were a straight up ABDL event I dont think there would be too strict of rules, whereas an event that was ABDL aware or conscious would probably allow such things but maybe have a "dress code" kind of rule?

Of course this is just perception as I have never been to either though I think Furries are cool and think Diaperfurs = cute
Hi there BabyTyrant,

My experience has been that at events like TeddyCon there are some hard lines like no sexual behavior, drugs, etc., but within the space of the event you can come as you are as long as you're not naked and as long as you don't mess yourself (that rule is because of the odor and sanitary issues - imagine if everyone at such an event could do that how bad the place would smell).

If you can go to a munch or an event close-by, that might be an eye-opener for you ... in a good way. The first event I went to, I knew two people via FetLife private messages that I had built up some trust with. I told myself if I got there and got a bad vibe, I could always just leave and chalk it up to an interesting experience. It was certainly a little overwhelming at first, but having two points of contact I could ask about and meet made all the difference. What I think you would find is that you will meet people from all walks of life and from every background who have come together to be and express a part of themselves they cannot otherwise easily in their regular lives.

I would say, too, I'm a middle-aged man finally doing this ... that was quite a hump to get over for me. If you're younger, this is one of the best times of your life to try these things out -- you don't have to worry as much about kids or a career, etc., let alone just making the time. If you can do it, and if it is the right vibe for you, I encourage you to attend something. Don't let FetLife scare you so much that you don't link up with other people -- you have to be smart and careful, like with everything, but trust me ... don't live with regret.

Anyway, I would never tell anyone they should do anything -- but from someone who is just finally doing these things now, I wish I had been braver earlier.

Take care,

Tab

Reactions: daddyconnor
TabulaRasa2017 said:
Hi there BabyTyrant,

My experience has been that at events like TeddyCon there are some hard lines like no sexual behavior, drugs, etc., but within the space of the event you can come as you are as long as you're not naked and as long as you don't mess yourself (that rule is because of the odor and sanitary issues - imagine if everyone at such an event could do that how bad the place would smell).

Anyway, I would never tell anyone they should do anything -- but from someone who is just finally doing these things now, I wish I had been braver earlier.

Take care,

Tab

My little and I really are interested in going to capcom or some other meaningful convention. We are a DD/LG couple in our 40's.

I've heard that there is a rigorous vetting process for people going for the first time. Can you comment on your experience with Teddycon's, CapCons, or both's vetting process? I am glad there is something in place, but I worry it might be geared toward keeping older participants out. Does it involve a phone interview? Or other things?

I've read that some of the younger participants are noticeably disdainful of older attendees and refer to anyone over 30 as "creepy".

Also would love to know about vendor participation and any seminar/demonstrations. So if you feel up to it please share your experiences with us.

TabulaRasa2017 said:
Hi there BabyTyrant,

If you can go to a munch or an event close-by, that might be an eye-opener for you ... in a good way. The first event I went to, I knew two people via FetLife private messages that I had built up some trust with. I told myself if I got there and got a bad vibe, I could always just leave and chalk it up to an interesting experience. It was certainly a little overwhelming at first, but having two points of contact I could ask about and meet made all the difference. What I think you would find is that you will meet people from all walks of life and from every background who have come together to be and express a part of themselves they cannot otherwise easily in their regular lives.

I would say, too, I'm a middle-aged man finally doing this ... that was quite a hump to get over for me. If you're younger, this is one of the best times of your life to try these things out -- you don't have to worry as much about kids or a career, etc., let alone just making the time. If you can do it, and if it is the right vibe for you, I encourage you to attend something. Don't let FetLife scare you so much that you don't link up with other people -- you have to be smart and careful, like with everything, but trust me ... don't live with regret.

Take care,

Tab

Well I dont drive and I dont have anyone I can a get a ride with to a bigger city for an event like a Munch, otherwise I would definitely go and see if anything happens

daddyconnor said:
My little and I really are interested in going to capcom or some other meaningful convention. We are a DD/LG couple in our 40's.

I've heard that there is a rigorous vetting process for people going for the first time. Can you comment on your experience with Teddycon's, CapCons, or both's vetting process? I am glad there is something in place, but I worry it might be geared toward keeping older participants out. Does it involve a phone interview? Or other things?

I've read that some of the younger participants are noticeably disdainful of older attendees and refer to anyone over 30 as "creepy".

Also would love to know about vendor participation and any seminar/demonstrations. So if you feel up to it please share your experiences with us.
Hi there,

Well, yes, I went to TeddyCon (never been to CapCon but I'd like to at some point). Basically, they're just making sure you are legit and not going to TeddyCon to do anything harmful. They're very happy to have anyone legit come, so they're not targeting "older" people -- the people who run it are older people to begin with. I don't recall the paperwork exactly, partly because I helped some friends as a vendor and they did some of the paperwork, but they give you badges and bracelets to wear that must be worn at all times in the hotel. You can indicate whether you want to be photographed or not. You can't share or swap your ticket with anyone else. They're very, very strict about who they let in -- one person tried to get in when I was there who was not ABDL and was just curious and they did an excellent job keeping them out and unaware of what was happening - it's set up sort of like a private party and they block out all of the windows so people can't look in.

As far as younger people being disdainful of older folks, yes I have heard about that and there are some young people in the ABDL community who hold those beliefs (older people are "creepy" because ABDL is about being young or something along those lines), but I've not encountered it directly and the atmosphere at TeddyCon was very welcoming and reassuring. You would fit right in from what it sounds like. I think the thing to keep in mind is, there are people from all walks of life and ages there so it's not like it's totally dominated by younger folks. But, having said that, as you know, it takes a special kind of courage to venture into these things in your 40s, and so there are certainly fewer older folks than "younger" folks. Part of that is just that most of us in our 40s have careers and kids and not much time to do these sorts of things. And many folks in their 40s and 50s already have partners and so are not actively looking for someone, so I think that at least partly explains it. But I know quite a few people in their 40s and 50s that are ABDLs now, so it's not like it's only people in their 20s and 30s.

There are a number of vendors that sell a whole variety of ABDL products so it's a great chance to physically sample merchandise and try things on. ABUniverse was there and giving out sample packs of their diapers, for example.

And they have a talent show! People do all sorts of things and it was fun to watch. I even participated and sang a song I wrote about ABDL acceptance.

Anyway, hope that helps.

• Love
Reactions: daddyconnor
Yeah that definitely helps. We will see about going in 2020 to either capcon or teddycon. We are definitely truly into it, we aren't looking for dates either. Just to meet hopefully some really nice well adjusted people to hang out with and get to know. Maybe make a new friend or two for both of us. Meeting other couples would be nice as I won't be playing in the ball pit... it would be nice to be able to chat with other caregivers while our little ones played.

Thank you again for the response.

one day I want to go to something like this. I think it would be fun

I'd need my non-driver's ID, to go to a convention. Wouldn't I? Any other rules to know?

BabyTyrant said:
Well I dont drive and I dont have anyone I can a get a ride with to a bigger city for an event like a Munch, otherwise I would definitely go and see if anything happens
Consider taking a bus there? I know for inter-city busses, there is a dedicated luggage hold, similar to that on an airplane.

Back