ABD&D

ShimSham

ᵸᶤᵅᵗᶷᶳ
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Anyone have any abdl/furry dnd experience?
if not would anyone actually be interested in doing something like that?

I'm considering trying to create a dumbed-down version of dnd so that other people (who don't feel like spending hours trying to learn the game in detail) could enjoy, let me know if you'd be interested :3

Reactions: Jonnythepony
If you're going to be hosting the game on something like Roll20, you might want to pick a system like 5th edition D&D and stick with that rather than creating your own rules. Coming up with your own system, no matter how simplified, would be a lot of work that could be spent creating your campaign and helping new players get started. I used to run four-hour sessions once a week and I probably spent six to eight more hours a week getting it ready and working with players.

You can set things up on Roll20 so that, for instance, a player just needs to press a button to attack with their main weapon and the hit and damage rolls with all of their modifiers are handled automatically. And you can create maps so everyone can simply look at the screen and see where they are and what's happening. Also, as the DM you can make house rules that exclude complex game mechanics you and your players don't want to deal with.

This would make it a lot easier to start, and then over time your players would learn enough of the game that they would be able to join other campaigns or create their own; and they'd be able to use a wealth of resources like web sites, books, and spell cards. If you create your own system that's pretty much a dead end. I say this as someone who really did create an alternative to D&D many years ago and got paid a small amount by a game company who was thinking of publishing it.

WillFord384 said:
If you're going to be hosting the game on something like Roll20, you might want to pick a system like 5th edition D&D and stick with that rather than creating your own rules. Coming up with your own system, no matter how simplified, would be a lot of work that could be spent creating your campaign and helping new players get started. I used to run four-hour sessions once a week and I probably spent six to eight more hours a week getting it ready and working with players.

You can set things up on Roll20 so that, for instance, a player just needs to press a button to attack with their main weapon and the hit and damage rolls with all of their modifiers are handled automatically. And you can create maps so everyone can simply look at the screen and see where they are and what's happening. Also, as the DM you can make house rules that exclude complex game mechanics you and your players don't want to deal with.

This would make it a lot easier to start, and then over time your players would learn enough of the game that they would be able to join other campaigns or create their own; and they'd be able to use a wealth of resources like web sites, books, and spell cards. If you create your own system that's pretty much a dead end. I say this as someone who really did create an alternative to D&D many years ago and got paid a small amount by a game company who was thinking of publishing it.
Yeah, I can see where that might go wrong,
but I was thinking of a game more focused on the roleplay, rather than the technical gameplay or dnd aspects,
similar to an rpg or a cyoa
and no, I probably wouldn't do it on Roll20, probably in just a group chat with friends.

In hindsight maybe calling it dnd comes off a little strong :rolleyes:

also I doubt Roll20 has anything like that, but let me know if you find anything

I remeber a channel on youtube called critcrab. He had an amusing story about a Babyfur highjacking a D&D game

Back