KyteFasnir

just a 6-year-old Rabbon at heart
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
ok I recently heard of people that are transabled and some of them are going to extremes to disable themselves. please if you are not IC but view yourself IC, please don't go hurting yourself to make yourself IC (if you wish to discus it please go ahead...)

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Joules, Furrytum and BobbiSueEllen
Borz said:
Sorry I don’t folllow friend
transabled are people who identify as being physically disabled while being biologically fully abled

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: littledub1955, Joules and BobbiSueEllen
Is affirmation not the suggested treatment for this disorder? If not, why?

Last edited:
It's not really a new thing. Body integrity identity disorder, or BIID, has been described for many years, but it's a poorly-studied problem and people who have it are often very secretive. There was a longtime poster here a few years ago who was incontinent as a result of his BIID, though I don't remember now if he had had medical intervention to make his incontinence more real.

It's a ticklish topic, as are many mental health issues, because it's easy for those who don't suffer from it to harshly judge those who do. At the same time, though, discussions of becoming incontinent are against the site rules here, and are inappropriate for a forum whose intent is to support incontinence sufferers.

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz, OmiOMy, lilbabyjooce and 1 other person
A bit OT, the dentists I have used must have wondered about me. Not having a dental plan anymore, I had them just pull the affected teeth out rather than pay big bucks for the repair and suffer again a year later. I have no regrets there - the pulled teeth never bother me now.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and BobbiSueEllen
if you ask me this stuff isnt worth our breath. its an extremely small amount of people anyways

Reactions: Joules and lilbabyjooce
It's called Body Integrity Identity Disorder, or BIID. Transabled isn't a thing.

Reactions: OmiOMy, Joules and chiaochai
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
It's called Body Integrity Identity Disorder, or BIID. Transabled isn't a thing.
i know that but people come up with words all the time, 40 years ago transgendered wasnt a word but transabled may not be a word officially but these people are calling themselves that

Maybe this post should be combined with the same topic started 2 days ago in another forum. But I would think this forum is for those with some form of medically diagnosed Incontinence or not something they did themselves or thought that was in the description.

ParaRomeo said:
Maybe this post should be combined with the same topic started 2 days ago in another forum. But I would think this forum is for those with some form of medically diagnosed Incontinence or not something they did themselves or thought that was in the description.
either way its relevent because some may actually hurt themselves to become ic, i'm not ic myself but its more directed to those who are trying to make themselves ic

I tried to start a thread about my own BIID not long ago. Although I had good intentions I did not get the desired result.

Reactions: charliee
LeonTheCabbitKitten said:
i know that but people come up with words all the time, 40 years ago transgendered wasnt a word but transabled may not be a word officially but these people are calling themselves that
Gender is a switch that can genuinely get flipped in the brain. "male brain" and "female brain" and everything in between are actual normal states for the brain to exist in. The disorder is in the mismatch with the body.

"disabled" is not the same as gender. It's not a natural way for your brain to be wired. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be disabled or with talking about it, but this does NOT map to gender dysphoria and claiming it does is just piggy backing off a community that is not for you.

Call it BIID or whatever else you want, just don't call it transabled

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz and NinaAlex
The problem is, seeing is so much easier than feeling!

When a sighted person sees blood, it doesn't, "look like a fire engine."

It doesn't, "look like a cherry."

It doesn't, "look like an apple."

We have the word for red, so, it's red.

It wouldn't surprise me, if people with BIID don't have the words for, "No. You're not hearing me. Start listening, please! This part of me isn't supposed to work! My body feels like it doesn't belong to me, too," and without being transgeender, they latch onto the only thing that feels like it even might fit, and it just doesn't work.

I'd bet, people with BIID look at the transgender community, and think, "Wow, they get a word for the feeling of lack of belonging to their bodies! I wonder; could borrowing this word, to help me get anywhere with explaining my feelings?"

It wouldn't surprise me, if people with BIID were looking for a point of empathy, and a word to borrow, not to keep, to make talking about something they don't have words for, a bit easier. A few picked trans, which already means something, and abled, which already means something. Trouble being, they forgot to ask either community they borrowed from.

There need to be more words, and they need to be easier to use. In order to get better words, these people, who are undeniably going through something, need to be comfortable talking, and their therapists need to listen.

I can understand the feeling of feeling an empathy point with a community other than one's own, and I can dang sure understand not having enough words!
Joules said:
Gender is a switch that can genuinely get flipped in the brain. "male brain" and "female brain" and everything in between are actual normal states for the brain to exist in. The disorder is in the mismatch with the body.

"disabled" is not the same as gender. It's not a natural way for your brain to be wired. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be disabled or with talking about it, but this does NOT map to gender dysphoria and claiming it does is just piggy backing off a community that is not for you.

Call it BIID or whatever else you want, just don't call it transabled
Don't let quite a few people on the autism spectrum hear you say that autistic isn't a natural wiring thing, just saying. I understand, and mostly agree with what you mean. Understood, piggybacking isn't cool.

Interestingly, there are people who have had amputations, and are happier than ever. There was, at one point, someone on here, who almost died to become IC.

As much as I don't condone it, I'd rather have people like that here, in the land of the living, but IC, than, "would be continent, were it not for being dead."

Last edited:
Reactions: lilshelly
Joules said:
It's not a natural way for your brain to be wired.
I vehemently disagree with that, depending on what type of disability we are talking about.
Autism or ADHD for example are different wireings of the brain, that occur natually, are perfectly functional, and easily outperform so called neurotypical brains in some areas, but due to how society is structured, and the fact that we are a minority, we are being disabled by society.
Another disability that I'm very familiar with, is delayed sleep phase disorder (it's 3:50am where I am, and I'm slowly starting to get tired, I'll likely go to bed in about an hour). That too is a perfectly natural wiring of the brain. Back in the day, it was important to have some people be more alert at night. Nowadays, the expectation is that you start work a 9am. For me 9am is about 2-3h before I naturally wake up. So since society insists we all have a similar circadian rhythm, I'm being disabled.

These are all quite different to missing a body part, or incontinence.
With the missing body part, or incontinence it is quite clear that the way the human body is supposed to function is impaired.

Science used to think like that about autism, but recently autistic people got into autism research and proved what the autism community has know for a long time.
One example, prevalent opinion was that autistic people had just broken or impaired body language. Only most autistic people wondered why talking to other autistic people was just so simple and intuitive then, if body language is broken. Turns out, it's not broken, just different. A group of autistic people and a group of non-autistic people solve tasks that require communication within a group about just as well. Only when you get a mixed group, do the communication difficulties result in more problems solving those tasks.
Autistic people are also less prone to various fallacies that are due to taking shortcuts in thinking. We don't usually do that, we don't do heuristics. While it means we need to take the long way round, it also means we are more precise and less prone to making errors than those taking the shortcuts. We are also less likely to do something bad if it benefits us, even when nobody will ever find out than nonautistic people.

What I'm saying here, is that some things are a disability mostly because how society works, not because something in us is broken.
Most of those are invisible disabilities.

With autism, it depends, it can be quite visible, but many of us have learned to hide the more obvious signs. Some do try and unlern that again, because some of the telltale signs of autism, flapping hands and other stereotypical movements for example are actually quite functional, and not just something we just do for no reason. They help us regulate sensory and emotional input.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and OmiOMy
NinaAlex said:
I vehemently disagree with that, depending on what type of disability we are talking about.
Autism or ADHD for example are different wireings of the brain, that occur natually, are perfectly functional, and easily outperform so called neurotypical brains in some areas, but due to how society is structured, and the fact that we are a minority, we are being disabled by society.
Another disability that I'm very familiar with, is delayed sleep phase disorder (it's 3:50am where I am, and I'm slowly starting to get tired, I'll likely go to bed in about an hour). That too is a perfectly natural wiring of the brain. Back in the day, it was important to have some people be more alert at night. Nowadays, the expectation is that you start work a 9am. For me 9am is about 2-3h before I naturally wake up. So since society insists we all have a similar circadian rhythm, I'm being disabled.

These are all quite different to missing a body part, or incontinence.
With the missing body part, or incontinence it is quite clear that the way the human body is supposed to function is impaired.

Science used to think like that about autism, but recently autistic people got into autism research and proved what the autism community has know for a long time.
One example, prevalent opinion was that autistic people had just broken or impaired body language. Only most autistic people wondered why talking to other autistic people was just so simple and intuitive then, if body language is broken. Turns out, it's not broken, just different. A group of autistic people and a group of non-autistic people solve tasks that require communication within a group about just as well. Only when you get a mixed group, do the communication difficulties result in more problems solving those tasks.
Autistic people are also less prone to various fallacies that are due to taking shortcuts in thinking. We don't usually do that, we don't do heuristics. While it means we need to take the long way round, it also means we are more precise and less prone to making errors than those taking the shortcuts. We are also less likely to do something bad if it benefits us, even when nobody will ever find out than nonautistic people.

What I'm saying here, is that some things are a disability mostly because how society works, not because something in us is broken.
Most of those are invisible disabilities.

With autism, it depends, it can be quite visible, but many of us have learned to hide the more obvious signs. Some do try and unlern that again, because some of the telltale signs of autism, flapping hands and other stereotypical movements for example are actually quite functional, and not just something we just do for no reason. They help us regulate sensory and emotional input.

Being on the spectrum and a night owl myself, I can relate. I had no idea that sort of sleep cycle had that kind of science behind it. I never thought about it that way. The rest is extremely insightful.

• Love
Reactions: NinaAlex
I often read posts in the daily diapers forum, which is way more tolerant about people want to become incontinent. Here such posts are not allowed, and it’s not hard to understand why. Some time ago a guy went to talk to a surgeon to discuss possible option to become double incontinent, but that was not possible of course. Luckily medicine is devoted to the principle of do no harm, but people reading said were suggesting that he went to Puerto Rico or another country to get the operation done.
I just couldn’t believe my eyes… even though I may understand biid such topics become very quickly dangerous territory, especially on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: fleckothefennec
I’m a critical care nurse, and I’ve heard about and briefly studied the transabled idea. A co-worker of mine told us a story of a transabled man who tried to amputate his leg and was unsuccessful, but required multiple surgeries and years of PT

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Thinking
Reactions: ParaRomeo, SpAzpieSweeTot and charliee
No.

Nope.

Uh uh.

Not going to do it.

I’m done.

I’m out.

You're looking for BIID.

Trans-abled isn't a thing.