• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

A Canadian baby and little boy… time to come out and play

dogboy said:
I've spent a lot of time in northern Ontario as my family has a cottage north of Parry Sound.

That’s a really nice area. I have a family member working right near there this summer.

Welcome. I'm a wee bit further west of you, four days driving. I did see the Beatles on Ed Sullivan in black and white. You are right about thinking you were the only one in the pre-Internet days.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall
sinceiwassmall said:
East here too, I’m in the Peterborough/Kawarthas area.
sinceiwassmall said:
East here too, I’m in the Peterborough/Kawarthas area.
I think I still have cousins in the Pickering Ontario area.
One of my late Dad's closest cousins husband founded and ran HENNIGAR Transportation in Pickering.

dogboy said:
I've spent a lot of time in northern Ontario as my family has a cottage north of Parry Sound.
I'm from Northern Ontario.

Hi, I'm from a small town called Huntsville.

Reactions: MisterRabbit and sinceiwassmall
Sidewinder said:
Hi, I'm from a small town called Huntsville.

Nice, I’ve been there many times. Often on my way north to Temagami.

Reactions: Sidewinder
Welcome (back!), I'm also Canadian and up in Montréal but often come through Ontario to visit my parents in Waterloo. I try and visit Toronto when I come through, I used to live there for many years before moving up here.

I also was into this pre-internet so still always feel thankful to find others into it as well. I'm always happy to chat so hopefully we cross paths on here.

Reactions: KittyMerriweather, MisterRabbit and sinceiwassmall
The title of this thread read like the lead-in to a joke: 'A Canadian baby and a little boy walk into a bar. While they grab chairs at the kids' table, the baby says to the little boy, "I think I need you to get poutine". The little boy replies, "Aren't you maybe a bit too young to eat such a big kid dish?". The baby looks at him and replies, "No, I mean I think you need to get 'poutine' me in a clean diaper!" * high hat *

I'll be here all night, folks.

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy and sinceiwassmall
Hello. I'm a pre-Internet , Canadian as well. I'm in Ontario. How about you?

Back