24/7 for the New Year

Cherrypie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello, I am planning on going 24/7 in 2023. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and I feel now is the right time to commit to it. I know it’s gonna be a challenge at times, especially when wearing at work, wearing in the company of friends, family and when out and about. But it’s something that’s been on my mind for a while now. I’m jotting down my plans and would love to get your thoughts and advice.

I’m gonna set up a monthly subscription for Tena slip active fit. Maxi for day time and Ultima for bed time. I’m trying to figure out how many packs I’ll need a month. There’s 24 in a pack of Maxi so 1 pack for each week will work out as 3 changes a day. Will that be enough? And theres 21 in a pack of Ultima which will last 3 weeks if I’m using 1 a night. I do have two very early shifts at work each week, so I could probably get a way with wearing a Maxi to bed on those days that I will be getting up at 5am. I’ve just never considered the maxi absorbency would be reliable enough for bed time.

Should I wear a plain onesie to conceal any peekage? I’d hate to have the waistband on show when I’m at work or out in public. I guess I could just tuck my shirt into my jeans?

One of my biggest concerns with going 24/7 is keeping my intimate skin area clean and healthy. I’m gonna need to do a bit of “manscaping”. Am I best to use a body trimmer instead of shaving? My skin is very sensitive at the best of times so I’m used to using a barrier cream. I’m thinking it will be a good idea to just keep everything Tena and use their wipes and creams as they get a great rating for skin care. Anyone else use the Tena wipes and creams?

Reactions: Jorelaxed, RachelOlivia and Deleted member 39193
You are not alone in this endeavor I am also planning on going at least close to 24/7 next year. Maybe not 100% full time but close to it (like at work or out and about, if I need to poop I'll use a toilet and maybe some evenings at home just leave it open to the air for healthier skin.)

I have it slightly different to you in that I plan on using cloth for the majority of the time with disposables being used for more special days or when I just can't be dealing with the laundry.

Tena is a good choice, they are not only a fairly decent nappy (if you change them regularly) they are also fairly cheap compared with other brands here in the UK. It may also be worth grabbing a bag of Tena Flex to test out, they are a belted nappy which makes it real easy to use a toilet if you need to when in public and they are quite easy to readjust and conceal, but they may not fit you well so need to test in a safe location.

As for how many you need, that depends a lot on how much you use them and your individual needs for how long you can go between changes/how easy it is for you to change in the day, what time you go to bed, whether you wet overnight etc.

A good rule of thumb is 3-4 nappies during the day and one overnight, that means if you sleep 8 hours a night you have one bigger nappy for that and then 1 nappy every 4-5 hours in the day. but everyone's usage will vary.

A onesie (or several really so you can switch them out) is a good idea, there are several places you can get some designed to look like regular shirts/polo necks etc. they will help to prevent peaking much better than just tucking a shirt in as well as supporting the weight of a wet nappy and helping to hide any bulge/noise.

waterproof pants are also a good plan especially as time goes on and you get uesd to just going, you may begin to not realise how wet you are and plastic pants will help prevent leaks and wet spots, coupled with a onesie they are quite easy to conceal.

Never bothered with Tena wipes and creams but if you are serious about it get yourself a pot of sudocreme, it's available in a variety of sizes and works wonders on rashes/itchy skin, it's also good for other things like achne, eczema, cuts, grazes etc. So it is something you can explain away why you carry it with you easily enough.

Also Bepanthen makes a barrier cream that is designed to prevent rashes rather than treat them (which is what sudocreme does) and it's pretty good. Child's Farm make some good moisturising lotions that you can use to keep the skin supple.

A lot of people swear by baby powder, but many of them also use way too much and for the wrong reasons, it is meant to dry the skin after wiping/washing not piled on all over the place when changing. I personally find J&J baby powder causes my skin down the to dry out and flake so I use Cuticura mildly medicated powder if I need it.

As for wipes I normally use reusable cloth wipes (check Cheeky Wipes out they sell starter boxes) and I make my own wipe solution to soak them in with water, mild soap, coconut oil and lemon and tea tree oil. Helps nourish the skin and stay clean, but I also generally keep a pack of pamper sensitive handy at home and they work fine.

Good luck on your plans.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Deleted member 39193, Cherrypie and 1 other person
I am 24/7 now. As far as how many you will need per day really changes with a few factors.

1) how absorbent your diaper is
2) how much you pee
3) how active you are

I wear Bambino diapers during the day (including work) because they last me the typical 8am-5pm I'm at work. I also wear the styles with the velcro tabs incase I need to go #2 at work so I can remove and refasten if necessary.

Once I change out of my daytime diaper, I usually wear something a little more absorbent like a Rearz, LFB, Megamax, Trest, etc. This diaper usually lasts me until the morning, but depending on how much I have to drink in the evening, I may change again before bedtime.

Then in the morning, it's a shower and a new diaper to start the day again.

So in summary, I go through 2-4 diapers per day. Your mileage may vary :)

Reactions: LinkDL, jonny77, Cherrypie and 2 others
Great advice.

Better have a very good absorbing diapers
Have a couple for backup - just in case !!!
Try your best to keep your self clean as possible for hygiene reasons ...

Reactions: jonny77, Kellycares, Cherrypie and 1 other person
Good luck , at least you’ve got a plan and thought about it carefully
1 , hygiene is important as rashes can be a literal pain in the bum or for a man like me and you , the end can get sore 😫
2 , always plan on at least 1 extra diaper a day than you need , yes you’ll have days like that
3, Don’t be frightened to try different brands till you find what’s best
4, scope out your regular haunts for the disabled rest room as there’s way more room in them to change
5, Don’t feel ashamed if you decide to give up as diaper wearing though choice is a 2 way door

Reactions: jonny77, Jorelaxed, Kellycares and 2 others
Until recently I only wore occasionally, but I have had a couple of periods recently being in nappies for weekend and a longer four-day weekend - which was interesting to try and in the main really enjoyable. During these extended periods I didn’t use the toilet and used my nappies entirely for both #1 and #2. l live alone so this didn’t produce any major problems, but I am very fastidious about hygiene so I had a quick shower after every wet change, and as I had the time being a weekend, I had a shower and a lovely scented bubble bath after any messy changes.

As I’m also a very sociable person, it was inevitable that I would be in the company of other people during this time, so I made sure that I was squeaky clean when around others apart from one occasion when I was just slightly wet.

Your choice of nappies is exactly the same as I use, and for me one Ultima Active overnight (with plastic pants) and around three Maxi Avtives during the day were fine - but as we’re all different you’ll have to see how it goes.

I’m extremely lucky in that my bladder and bowel control is exceptional so I really can pick and choose where and when I go to a large extent, and I’m able to remain dry when out and about for quite long periods without too much of a problem. Even so, it so was nice at home to be able to just relax and wet myself whenever I wanted to, for me that’s something super special. It‘s incredibly relaxing and provides such a contented feeling of well-being. I’m also fortunate to have really tough skin and I have never previously suffered from nappy rash from being in a wet nappy overnight. However, when I spent 4 days 24/7 I did apply Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment as a precaution. I do think ‘manscaping’ would be a good idea - it’s what I do and is much better I think if you considering using your nappy for everything.

I’ve no experience of onesies etc, but I have found that a dry Tena Maxi Active is pretty much invisible undef normal clothes and even a slight to moderately wet one doesn’t really show. My nappy is under my boxer briefs and jeans, and I’m able to just tuck my t-shirt into my jeans. Of course, when I was out and about recently the weather was cold so I was wearing a jumper or hooded top or coat so the general bulk of winter clothing does provide a good distracting cover for nappies.

I’ve yet to try summer outdoor wearing, but I think a pair of my Under Armour or AdIdas shorts over my nappy and boxer briefs will be OK with a long t-shirt but not tucked-in.

I really, really enjoyed my recent four-days in nappies and it’s something I want to repeat again soon. But, I did feel that for me going 24/7 full-time could potentially be a bit too restrictive for me, especially for work where I need to travel from time-to-time to Scandinavia and it could be a hassle at airports etc. And for me, wearing less often keeps it very special and helps to make it something to really look forward to.

So, yes to the Tenas - an excellent choice in my experience - they work for me but you may want to some others before you finally commit, do use a cream/barrier of some description, keep really clean and most of all ENYOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!! There’s been some wonderful advice already in this thread which I will find useful and I hope my thoughts help too. Please let us all know how it all goes and all the very best. 😊

Reactions: Cherrypie
Thanks for all your thoughts and great advice. I’ve been wearing for fun and sexual pleasure for the last 12 years and have tried most of the nappies out there - abdl and medical ones. I’m going to stick by my decision to use my favourite nappy, Tena slip. Keeping my skin healthy is paramount in this journey, so it makes sense to stick with the one brand in my opinion. And I’ve always found Tena slips to be top for comfort.

Yes I’ve always got a tub of sudocreme handy. It’s a must! And I’ll look into getting some bepanthen.

I’ve recently overcome a huge obstacle in my life that I’ve been trying to deal with for the last few years. So I’m now feeling completely free and content within myself. And I believe this has sparked the desire to start wearing 24/7. All I’ve ever known is to wear a few times a week, when I’m feeling like it and in the mood. But now, the thought of being padded all the time is just bringing intense feelings of well-being and happiness. I’ve never felt like this towards nappies (it’s always been a sexual thing for me). But these new feelings of comfort and happiness are most welcome and long may it continue.

Reactions: babyky and Deleted member 39193
It’s so good to hear that you are feeling contented, and your observations about being padded all the time resonated with me as that is exactly how I felt when I was contemplating four days of being in nappies recently, and I’m experiencing the same feelings about being able to repeat this again in a few weeks time.

I wish you all the very best and really hope you continue to enjoy the contentment and well-being going forward 24/7. Do let us know how it all goes.

Well my delivery of nappies arrived last night so wearing 24/7 has commenced. I packed away nappies into my underwear drawer and wardrobe. I also packed myself a nappy bag to keep in my car should I ever need a change when I’m out and about. I lathered myself up with barrier cream and put on an ultima for bed time. I had a lie in this morning until midday so the nappy was well used. I got showered etc. and put on a maxi and headed out to run some errands.

I’ve never used the new Maxi absorbency before and I’m so glad I’ve chosen this as my daytime nappy. It’s unbelievably thin and it feels even softer than the Ultima. It was an absolute delight to wear today, and it lasted me the whole day (about 8 hours). I felt like when it was wet it bulged out more than the Ultima does. I’m guessing it has more SAP than wood pulp whereas the Ultima is the opposite and has more wood pulp which makes it thicker? I might just order the Maxi next time, instead of both. I’ll see how it performs for bedtime before I make that decision though.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
CherryPie said:
Well my delivery of nappies arrived last night so wearing 24/7 has commenced. I packed away nappies into my underwear drawer and wardrobe. I also packed myself a nappy bag to keep in my car should I ever need a change when I’m out and about. I lathered myself up with barrier cream and put on an ultima for bed time. I had a lie in this morning until midday so the nappy was well used. I got showered etc. and put on a maxi and headed out to run some errands.

I’ve never used the new Maxi absorbency before and I’m so glad I’ve chosen this as my daytime nappy. It’s unbelievably thin and it feels even softer than the Ultima. It was an absolute delight to wear today, and it lasted me the whole day (about 8 hours). I felt like when it was wet it bulged out more than the Ultima does. I’m guessing it has more SAP than wood pulp whereas the Ultima is the opposite and has more wood pulp which makes it thicker? I might just order the Maxi next time, instead of both. I’ll see how it performs for bedtime before I make that decision though.
Your thoughts on the Maxi are interesting as I have often thought the same. I’ve continued to buy the Ultima, mainly for bedtime because in theory the Ultima should be better, but I’m pretty sure that although I have had very, very few leaks it is usually the Ultima rather than with the Maxi. It’s not been a problem as I usually wear plastic pants at night.

But I think you’re right about the Maxis - aren’t they just brilliant!! 😊 And good luck with 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't manscape, the risk of ingrown hairs or skin infection is too great. Been there, done that. Use an electric clipper with the safety guard on and trim no shorter than 3mm. I do this once a month or so. Wash down there with pH neutral soap to prevent skin irritation from other soaps and use miconazole powder in the genital area between the inside of the legs to prevent heat rash.

Onesies are a bad choice with sensitive skin because they press the diaper closer to the skin, especially when wet.

I no longer have full voidings so i can't suddenly leak unless i sat down too long, but plastic pants are also a bad choice with sensitive skin, they cause heat rash, blisters etc where the PVC or PE fabric touches the skin.

Using the Tena maxi for the day is costly, they don't hold as well as they used to. I use the Ultima for the day, change after 5h and better dry for short nights and fotosite am pm for longer nights.

Use plenty of talcum powder between changes to keep the skin dry.

Don't use scented lotions, use rash cream in the groin area when you feel an itchy or painful rash in the groin area, but when it's between the inside of the legs it's heat rash.
If it won't go away with miconazole powder (not cream) you need to see a doctor for a steroid cream.

And don't wear when working in the garden during summer, i use a clamp then. The sweat would instantly torture me.

Always keep spare diapers and a change of pants in the car in case you need them. To avoid the sound of the diaper tabs being pulled, cut them with a child’s round nose scissor . Relax and enjoy.

Well I was back to work today and wore a Maxi. I wouldn’t say I flooded it at anytime, just had 3 smaller voids. When I finished I checked it and was very bulgy and squishy. No leaks, however I did feel quite damp and ready for a change when I got home. So with that in mind I may consider the Ultima for work. Something to think about. The only reason why I chose the Maxi was because it was thinner and more discreet.

I have a very active job, where I do about 15,000 steps a day. I wore jeans and my thick work fleece today and felt uncomfortably warm and sweaty at times. Tomorrow I’ll wear my gilet instead of the fleece and see how I get on with that. And probably wear trousers instead of jeans as they are much thinner so I won’t feel as warm below the waist. I might also consider trying the cloth backed version for work too. It’s all trial and error for the first few weeks I guess, but I’m enjoying the experience so far.

Reactions: Deleted member 68367 and Deleted member 39193
CherryPie said:
Well I was back to work today and wore a Maxi. I wouldn’t say I flooded it at anytime, just had 3 smaller voids. When I finished I checked it and was very bulgy and squishy. No leaks, however I did feel quite damp and ready for a change when I got home. So with that in mind I may consider the Ultima for work. Something to think about. The only reason why I chose the Maxi was because it was thinner and more discreet.

I have a very active job, where I do about 15,000 steps a day. I wore jeans and my thick work fleece today and felt uncomfortably warm and sweaty at times. Tomorrow I’ll wear my gilet instead of the fleece and see how I get on with that. And probably wear trousers instead of jeans as they are much thinner so I won’t feel as warm below the waist. I might also consider trying the cloth backed version for work too. It’s all trial and error for the first few weeks I guess, but I’m enjoying the experience so far.
Trousers will expose too much, jeans are better.

If you're walking that much it's a good idea to wear XXL underwear over the diaper or the more expensive abena cotton fixation pants, only one per package. They're very soft and prevent chafing near the legs

CherryPie said:

Good to hear that it all went well today and that it was an enjoyable experience - you’re certainly more brave than me wearing at work. The Maxi does swell quite considerably when wet and I agree they do feel quite damp after a while too. So far in my daytime wearing I think the maximum time I’ve gone before changing is around seven hours but I didn’t walk anywhere near that distance when I was wet. I’m not so sure about trousers if they are quite thin, jeans being thicker do help to hide a nappy. Daytimes I also wear boxer briefs to help keep the nappy in place, but I think you have to be careful if you do that as I remember someone saying that underwear can encourage leaks but I don’t know if there is any truth in that. Possibly something to try at home.

I haven’t tried the cloth backed version, I guess this would be something to try out at home first too.

Good luck with day two! 👍

winterheart01 said:
Trousers will expose too much, jeans are better.

If you're walking that much it's a good idea to wear XXL underwear over the diaper or the more expensive abena cotton fixation pants, only one per package. They're very soft and prevent chafing near the legs
Day two at work and I took your advice and wore larger underwear over the diaper and noticed a big difference. And I think I’m gonna try an Ultima tomorrow at work. I’ve no issue with leaks, it just feels quite uncomfortable after a while, especially when it’s starting to reach capacity. Then If I’m still experiencing the same difficulties with the Ultima, I think I might change to the breathable version for work.

I think I'd just go for the Ultima all the time. There is not a lot between then, bulk-wise, but the extra absorbency is ..... useful. That and if you have two different types, you'll always have run out of the wrong one. I have to say, the Tena Active Fit Ultima is my current favourite :)

Last edited:
CherryPie said:
Day two at work and I took your advice and wore larger underwear over the diaper and noticed a big difference. And I think I’m gonna try an Ultima tomorrow at work. I’ve no issue with leaks, it just feels quite uncomfortable after a while, especially when it’s starting to reach capacity. Then If I’m still experiencing the same difficulties with the Ultima, I think I might change to the breathable version for work.
For work i always use the breathable version of the Ultima but have to change after 5-6h anyway, if any diaper gets too heavy it's uncomfortable, also cotton feel smells faster.
But they don't chafe as much but i still wear the XXL abena cotton pants over it because when it's heavy or when walking a lot it chafes too after a while

So I’m on day 5 and there’s been some ups and downs but mostly a good experience. It’s at work that I’ve been finding discomfort particularly with itching and chaffing skin around my thighs and groin area. I’ve been trying different creams each day to see what works best. Today I decided to try the Tena barrier cream and I’m pleased to say it’s worked wonders. I had very little discomfort today which made a huge difference to my day.

And I’ve also been using the Tena cream wash cleanser between changes. That’s kept everything very fresh and moisturised down there, especially when it’s a messy change. Along with the xl wipes which make a messy clean up so much easier!

This weeks been a learning experience and I’m feeling optimistic about my 24/7 future. I’m gonna add a pack of the breathable Tena slips onto my next order and see how I get on with them for during the day. I find the Maxi absorbency is fine, even tho I would rather use the Ultima. I know there’s not much of a difference in thickness between the Ultima and Maxi, but in my head I feel there is and would be less discreet. And if I remember correctly, are the breathable line not slightly thicker?

Reactions: Belarin and Deleted member 39193
Back