• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

1950s Cloth Diapered Baby

PinsAndPowder

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, I'm a 1950s cloth diapered baby who is now a senior citizen who still loves his diapers and rubber pants. Any 1950s or 1960s babies on this site? 😇

Reactions: Shannon1024, Freddie07601, bedwetter bobby and 14 others
Welcome! My mom used cloth diapers and rubber pants on me, so my first memories are in cloth. But after potty training I was still wetting the bed, and she bought Pampers for me to wear to bed. I was three and four years old and I have pleasant memories of those diaperings. And it's probably why I prefer plastic backed diapers.

Reactions: Freddie07601, Diprs2, newAB43 and 3 others
1960, cloth diapered, of course...

Reactions: Shannon1024, Freddie07601, fredy552 and 5 others
Raised in cloth diapers in the 1960s, and they obviously made an impression on me! Just the other day, my SO and I were remembering how clotheslines used to be filled with cloth diapers and plastic pants, all hung out to dry.

Welcome to ADISC!

• Love
Reactions: Shannon1024, chuck, DLPeakOut and 8 others
50’s cloth/plastic/pins nothing better!

Welcome aboard! I Like your name.

Reactions: chuck, DLPeakOut, fredy552 and 6 others
When I was a baby in the mid/late '60s, it was cloth diapers at home and Pampers on the go. I'm still a baby but now it's "Cloth for show, Pampers for 'go'!" 🫢🤭🥰 Welcome aboard! 🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie07601, StarryNight, TenaciousDL and 9 others
Cloth diapers and plastic pants 24/7 for me.

Reactions: Shannon1024, Freddie07601, DLPeakOut and 6 others
Welcome! I was a 60’s cloth diaper & plastic pants kid. I loved them then, and never let go.

Reactions: Freddie07601, Diprs2, newAB43 and 4 others
sbmccue said:
Raised in cloth diapers in the 1960s, and they obviously made an impression on me! Just the other day, my SO and I were remembering how clotheslines used to be filled with cloth diapers and plastic pants, all hung out to dry.

Welcome to ADISC!
I shouldn't admit this, but when I was little, I used to steal cloth diapers and rubber pants off of clotheslines because I had no other way to get my hands on those wonderful soft diapers.;)

• Wow
Reactions: Shannon1024, Wolfman69, Diprs2 and 4 others
littlemoosey said:
50’s cloth/plastic/pins nothing better!

Welcome aboard! I Like your name.
Thank you! I remember how my mom always diapered babies by holding the diaper pins in her mouth, and then, as she held the wings of the diaper together, she would take a pin from her mouth and run it through her hair to "oil it up" and make it slide easier through the thick diaper fabric. I loved watching her do that with other babies. 😇

Reactions: Freddie07601, diaperedwetter, Diprs2 and 4 others
Luvshugs said:
Welcome! I was a 60’s cloth diaper & plastic pants kid. I loved them then, and never let go.
Yes, I love the plastic pants over thick double diapers. My mom always called them "rubber pants" or rubber britches when she was diapering the kids in our family. :giggle:

Reactions: Freddie07601, Diprs2, newAB43 and 2 others
PinsAndPowder said:
Thank you! I remember how my mom always diapered babies by holding the diaper pins in her mouth, and then, as she held the wings of the diaper together, she would take a pin from her mouth and run it through her hair to "oil it up" and make it slide easier through the thick diaper fabric. I loved watching her do that with other babies. 😇
You just defined how my wife/mommy, MammaBunny, does it for me... minus the hair run through. She just doesn't wanna do that. That's OK Ill take all of the rest!

PinsAndPowder said:
I shouldn't admit this, but when I was little, I used to steal cloth diapers and rubber pants off of clotheslines because I had no other way to get my hands on those wonderful soft diapers.;)
I probably would have done that as it would have been easier than... "acquiring" diapers and plastic pants by the other means that I had to employ! It is amazing that I was never caught. Back then there weren't the ubiquitous cameras that we have today. If I was a kid today with an AB/DL fixation I would not survive or would already be in juvie!

• Wow
Reactions: Shannon1024, Diprs2, sbmccue and 5 others
littlemoosey said:
I probably would have done that as it would have been easier than... "acquiring" diapers and plastic pants by the other means that I had to employ! It is amazing that I was never caught. Back then there weren't the ubiquitous cameras that we have today. If I was a kid today with an AB/DL fixation I would not survive or would already be in juvie!
As a little boy, with an unusual secret, I was always terrified of being caught and sent to a children's mental hospital for "treatment." I knew that my attraction to diapers wasn't "normal" but in the early 1960s and through the 1970s I had to keep it secret.

Reactions: Shannon1024, Freddie07601, egor and 8 others
Welcome and be welcomed to this magical World of ADISC!
A truly unique place as near everyone here is wearing either cloth or disposable diapers!
I am a late 40's early 50's baby, some 45 years ago an Auto Crash resulted in my now wearing cloth diapers during the day and MEGAMAX during the night with NS Trifecta plastic pants over either.
Enjoy!

• Love
Even at a very young age, whenever I was shopping with my mother, I would make the excuse, I was going to look at the “toys”. But, I would head straight for the baby isle, (luckily usually near the toys), and look at all the great plastic pants! 😵‍💫 Woolworth’s, and the old time department stores were great then. Always had to be on the lookout, so mom wouldn’t catch me down that isle. Sometimes, there were overzealous (to me) sales people around there too. Can I help you with something young man? 😮 Even odd looks, from other women shopping, you had to watch out for. Are you lost young man? 😬

Reactions: Freddie07601, diaperedwetter, Diprs2 and 5 others
Welcome, @PinsAndPowder! :) I'm a somewhat younger baby (late 70s), but it was cloth and pins for me as well. I was born in Seattle and my parents initially used a diaper service, but they stocked up on Curity prefolds when we moved to the suburbs and those were around the house throughout my childhood. I never found the plastic pants, but I was sneaking and wearing the diapers constantly. Actually using them was a lot harder, and that's what got me playing with Pampers and other disposables during my teens. Until about 15 years ago, I had no idea there were companies making adult-sized cloth diapers and plastic pants. What a revelation! I was back in cloth almost immediately, and have lately taken up sewing my own diapers.

PinsAndPowder said:
A lot of us can relate to this. I never took anything from a clothesline, but occasionally we had visitors with babies and I'll admit to having raided a few diaper bags. That was how I got my hands on my first disposables. I shudder to think of what would've happened if I'd been caught! Talk about embarrassing--for my parents too! I didn't get spanked often, but I'd have been over a knee for sure.

Anyway! I hope you find the forums fun and supportive. Good to have another clothie aboard. :)

Reactions: StarryNight, fredy552, Diprs2 and 6 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
When I was a baby in the mid/late '60s, it was cloth diapers at home and Pampers on the go. I'm still a baby but now it's "Cloth for show, Pampers for 'go'!" 🫢🤭🥰 Welcome aboard! 🥳
Thank you! :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, newAB43 and BobbiSueEllen
Luvshugs said:
Even at a very young age, whenever I was shopping with my mother, I would make the excuse, I was going to look at the “toys”. But, I would head straight for the baby isle, (luckily usually near the toys), and look at all the great plastic pants! 😵‍💫 Woolworth’s, and the old time department stores were great then. Always had to be on the lookout, so mom wouldn’t catch me down that isle. Sometimes, there were overzealous (to me) sales people around there too. Can I help you with something young man? 😮Even odd looks, from other women shopping, you had to watch out for. Are you lost young man? 😬
Yep, I remember Woolworth's and their cloth diaper/plastic pants selection. I used to drool over the packages of Curity cloth diapers and Gerber Birdseye cloth diapers. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Shannon1024, Edgewater, Freddie07601 and 5 others
PinsAndPowder said:
Yep, I remember Woolworth's and their cloth diaper/plastic pants selection. I used to drool over the packages of Curity cloth diapers and Gerber Birdseye cloth diapers. ;)
Absolutely, I walked through their aisles a few times... yeah thats all I was doing was walking, I swear... that bulge officer? It's that time of month, Im retaining water yeah that's it.

• Haha
Reactions: Shannon1024, Freddie07601, Luvshugs and 5 others
Back