Incontinence Advice

Rob110 said:
I have tried different brands of diapers in an attempt to reduce costs but have not found any that donot leak on a regular basis, for me I would rather pay a bit more for a premium diaper I can trust to do its job then deal with cheaper diapers that do not work as well.
since switching to betterdry diapers my day time leaks are as close to zero as you can get and night time leaks are also reduced.

I guess if my bladder issue changes from full floods to a constant drip a more budget friendly diaper may work but for now the peace of mind of knowing my diaper will do its job is worth the expense.
On that note, my icontinence did change from full floods to a near constant drip. While I found I can go with a lesser diaper and change more often, I did not save on overall costs all that much. It's better for me to just keep using the same diapers as my total volume output hasn't actually changed, all while continuing to use a diaper I can trust won't leak.

I am IC as well it usually cost me between $250-300 a month in diapers and supply's I use Dry 24/7 for day time on average I can get about 4 hours out of a diaper just depending on the day, I switch to Better Dry for overnight I have found the better dry doesn't leak on me like dry 24/7 do when laying on my back, during the day I have no problem with dry 24/7 they do a great job for me. I am male so I even point it down and for some reason it still seems to find its's way to the top and runs down the side of my hips Which I am wondering if this happens to more males to? Better dry seems to do a lot better job catching it and keeps me dry all night.

Last edited:
rumples82 said:
I am IC as well it usually cost me between $250-300 a month in diapers and supply's I use Dry 24/7 for day time on average I can get about 4 hours out a diaper just depending on the day, I switch to Better Dry for overnight I have found the better dry doesn't leak on me like dry 24/7 do when laying on my back, during the day I have no problem with dry 24/7 they do a great job for me. I am male so I even point it down and for some reason it still seems to find its's way to the top and runs down the side of my hips Which I am wondering if this happens to more males to? Better dry seems to do a lot better job catching it and keeps me dry all night.
Wow, 4 hours out of a confidry is horrible. Have you considered using betterdry for the day as well? I stay well hydrated and can easily get by with just 2 diapers per 24 hours. That's about $3.00 per day, or just $100 per month.

Slomo said:
Wow, 4 hours out of a confidry is horrible. Have you considered using betterdry for the day as well? I stay well hydrated and can easily get by with just 2 diapers per 24 hours. That's about $3.00 per day, or just $100 per month.

Yes but do to my IC and other medication I take I Void a lot more and it's even worse when I try and stay hydrated which I do. I have try other brand for my day time use I can't have a diaper that swell like most other do why I am at work I do try to be as discrete as I can, from my experience Dry 24/7 seem to swell very little and it feels good on my body tight and secure compare to other brand like Mega max, Waddler's, Better Dry (I only wear at night at home don't have to worry about it) Etc. I wish I could be like some of the great people on here and get trough a lot longer period then 4 hours but for my body and my issues it just doesn't work I have already had to many embarrassing issues from leaks which having IC it happens, so I try really hard to not let that happen.

Reactions: NotTheAverageMan
rumples82 said:
Yes but do to my IC and other medication I take I Void a lot more and it's even worse when I try and stay hydrated which I do. I have try other brand for my day time use I can't have a diaper that swell like most other do why I am at work I do try to be as discrete as I can, from my experience Dry 24/7 seem to swell very little and it feels good on my body tight and secure compare to other brand like Mega max, Waddler's, Better Dry (I only wear at night at home don't have to worry about it) Etc. I wish I could be like some of the great people on here and get trough a lot longer period then 4 hours but for my body and my issues it just doesn't work I have already had to many embarrassing issues from leaks which having IC it happens, so I try really hard to not let that happen.
That's just it though. A thick diaper that has done its job is WAY less noticeable than a thin one that has leaked. People are not looking at your crotch either, and as long as you are wearing appropriately loose clothing and not drawing attention to your diaper, then they will not notice the added bulk. Nobody at my quiet office notices I wear Crinklz all day, but I guarantee I was outed when I tried making Abena "work" in spite of the constant leaks in about 4 hours too, and again when I used confidry for more than 6 hours. Sure diapers like Abena and Confidry will be thinner, but they will also be more noticeable too.

not for everyone (or females obv.) but i often use a weenie (penile) clamp for the brief period suggested between diaper changes. this lets my zones/skin dry out a bit too, often save a diaper per day. when feasible i throw in belted undergarments too which are great for swishing around home in, also much cheaper... and sometimes just sitting buck naked weeing on a underpad is truly a good chill. what i cannot do is skimp on the ATNs as they are crucial to a dryer behind.

I'm a school bus driver thus the last thing I want is leaks so I use a premium diaper (comfy dry 24/7) when working and an elcheapo at other times and at night with a cloth diaper over the elcheapos at night. I always use plastic pants over my diapers and to add extra absorbency I take 2 disposable baby diapers slit the backing and use them in my diaper as booster pads as I find the baby diapers are cheaper then adult booster pads

Back