Land's End new sleeper (footed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littledaimon said:
Aww they look adorable, and they might be perfect for me, I am about 5'3" and 100 pounds maybe, someday :eek: ! After checking again I might be able to fit in a size 16, wow

Lucky you! I think that size 16 would be perfect for you. Maybe even size 14 would fit you better :)

Well then they wouldn't fit me and the feet are a very picky thing for me...you might expect that with my screen name.

Vinylfeet said:
Well then they wouldn't fit me and the feet are a very picky thing for me...you might expect that with my screen name.

Vinylfeet, Hi! I would also like to find some sleepers with the classic vinyl feet but so far I have not found anything. :( Could you please describe for me what vinyl feet feel like? (or what makes them special)

Well, to confirm my previous post; getting one will fit me hopefully. Went to a Land's End by me to try on a few things... Well, two different Tops; a sweatshirt/jacket item and windblazer jacket. The two items did fit me, but didn't actually buy anything as the store didn't have the footed pajamas in-store.

My new sleeper just arrived! :D

They fit quite a bit better than last year's Lands End size 20. As Zebben said, the sleeves are longer, about 2 or 3cm I'd say, also they feel like they have an extra cm or two around the chest and waist. The front of the collar is still a bit high though.
Overall, I'm very pleased with them! :)

Hmmm. I'm 67.5" with a 32" waist. I might have to give them a try.

I notice that the Little Keeper Sleeper now runs up to 68". Has anyone tried one?

Akastus said:
Hmmm. I'm 67.5" with a 32" waist. I might have to give them a try.

I notice that the Little Keeper Sleeper now runs up to 68". Has anyone tried one?

I would also like to know if anybody has tried them. The 68" long seems interesting and should fit me but when you look at the weight it says up to 95 lbs. :frown: And I have never seen their footed pajamas in the size 13/14 available. :dunno:

Zebben said:
I would also like to know if anybody has tried them. The 68" long seems interesting and should fit me but when you look at the weight it says up to 95 lbs. :frown: And I have never seen their footed pajamas in the size 13/14 available. :dunno:

95lb does seem a bit low for 68", even if many autistic children tend to be a bit on the gangly side. It depends what kind of tolerances there are. But I suppose that there are adult products of a similar design in that height range, so there probably isn't much incentive to accommodate greater weights.

Somebody asked that on the LKS Facebook feed. The reply was that at 13/14, the range of foot sizes was too large to be accommodated with a single product, and the demand for that size wasn't enough to justify multiple variations. I suppose they could go for some sort of detachable feet, but given that it's aimed at special needs kids, anything that could be detached by the wearer probably would be, so there's not much point. Better to just sew on your own feet.

Zebben, can I ask what kind of fleece the Land's End sleeper is made from? Is it the extremely soft microfleece type, or the coarser polar fleece? The website doesn't zoom in enough to tell.

Akastus said:
Somebody asked that on the LKS Facebook feed. The reply was that at 13/14, the range of foot sizes was too large to be accommodated with a single product, and the demand for that size wasn't enough to justify multiple variations. I suppose they could go for some sort of detachable feet, but given that it's aimed at special needs kids, anything that could be detached by the wearer probably would be, so there's not much point. Better to just sew on your own feet.

Zebben, can I ask what kind of fleece the Land's End sleeper is made from? Is it the extremely soft microfleece type, or the coarser polar fleece? The website doesn't zoom in enough to tell.

Hello Akastus! The fabric is 100 % polyester But the softness and material feel in the LE sleepers varies, depending on model. For example last years airplane model had a coarser feel to them than the last year striped models. The striped model also had longer sleeves. Now I am a sleeper collector, and I will try on different sizes and materials, so far the LE models have been the best. The way they feel and the way they look are just great! So again to your question I have basically no idea what micro fleece and polar fleece actually are? Help me find out, please :)

The striped sleeper from LE this year has a coarser fabric but again I am waiting for more models to show up. I would recommend that anybody that would fit into the size XL 16, 18, 20 would buy a pair this year and give their honest comment to LE. I would say that the Land's End pajamas size XL 20 would fit to about the height of 5'11 or 180 cm (the sites recommended height is 5'8-5'9) if the person is slim. I am about 20 pounds to heavy for this sleeper but still they fit me! Give them a chance ;)

Your footed pajamas lover

-Zebben

Zebben said:
Hello Akastus! The fabric is 100 % polyester But the softness and material feel in the LE sleepers varies, depending on model. For example last years airplane model had a coarser feel to them than the last year striped models. The striped model also had longer sleeves. Now I am a sleeper collector, and I will try on different sizes and materials, so far the LE models have been the best. The way they feel and the way they look are just great! So again to your question I have basically no idea what micro fleece and polar fleece actually are? Help me find out, please :)

Have a look at this. It's a basic guide to different kinds of fleece. I would generally expect micro or cuddle fleece for something like a children's sleepsuit.

EDIT:

Meh. Bit the bullet and bought one. Fingers crossed that it's as comfortable as you say.

Last edited:
Akastus said:

Both of my Lands End sleepers - last year's airplanes one and this year's stripy one - are very soft. Much softer than the fleece of t he Privatina or Jumpin Jammerz ones I've got. :)

Akastus said:
Have a look at this. It's a basic guide to different kinds of fleece. I would generally expect micro or cuddle fleece for something like a children's sleepsuit.

EDIT:

Meh. Bit the bullet and bought one. Fingers crossed that it's as comfortable as you say.

Good for you! I think you will be happy with them. Please let us know how you feel about the sleepers when you have tried them on :)

On the subject of Little Keeper Sleeper, I found this, which is essentially identical to the child version. Not as babyish-looking, and the sizing isn't exactly clear, but interesting nonetheless. You could probably find some childish motif to embroider or stick onto the chest, if you wanted to. The child version of this goes up to size 13-14, so presumably the small and medium adult ones are larger still. It's not as cheap as the LKS, but a) it's designed for adults, and b) it's on the right side of the Atlantic (if you live in Europe, that is).

EDIT:

Bought one of these as well. I'll review it when it comes in.

Last edited:
Thanx for the link Akastus I will be waiting for your review on that sleeper, and I do live on the "right side of the Atlantic" ;) While we are on the subject has anybody ever tried these sleepers? http://www.gaggohaas.com/

I have been planning to buy a pair but the price is pretty hefty but they look cool and I do not own a solid colored sleeper yet :)

Seems rather expensive. £100 for an adult size is on a par with the All-In-One Company, and the latter are hand-made and fully custom. They seem to be making a lot of the fact that it's Swiss-made. That might matter for clocks, watches and chocolate, but sleepers?

If you want a solid colour, you could do worse than this. I have one in dark blue, and it's very comfortable.

Hmmm. Received my XL20 Land's End sleeper today. First impressions are good - it's essentially a perfect fit. A little snug in the crotch, but when you have a nappy on, it's not noticeable. There's a couple of spare inches in the legs, potentially, but you can't realistically push the torso any further. I've lost about 8Lb recently, largely from my buttocks, and I think that this sleeper might have been a no-no if I hadn't. Arm length is perfect. Foot size - I'm British 7.5, this could probably go up to British 9.5, US 10.5. The fabric is slightly elasticated, so it does have some give, but I wouldn't push it. It's pretty soft. Not cuddle fleece soft, but far better than polar fleece. The feet have ankle elastic to prevent slipping, and the soles are about as non-slip as it gets - high-friction surfacing.

For reference, I'm 67.5" 158lb with a regular build.

Thinking about it, this full-length zip business seems a little odd for anyone over the age of about 6. I have to wonder if Land's End are deliberately targeting the disabled market, or even AB's in particular.

Akastus said:
Thinking about it, this full-length zip business seems a little odd for anyone over the age of about 6. I have to wonder if Land's End are deliberately targeting the disabled market, or even AB's in particular.

I don't think it's odd, they target the disabled market as you said, as well as "normal" kids and teens. This is only the second year their sleeper goes up to size 20 it used to be 16 before.

They would not have had AB's in mind when they started making them in larger sizes, the size 16 has always had the full-length zip.

Think they noticed the huge amount of sleepers in the larger sizes 18 and 20 they sold last year. And kids grow so fast these days :)

Glad they fit you.

My Rackety's sleeper finally arrived, after a hellacious experience with the courier (never, ever use YODEL for anything). My impressions are somewhat mixed. As a sleeper for an adult, it's fine. Great, even. Soft cotton, shielded seams - very comfortable, and the material is thin and loose enough that it's viable for use in summer. I can see myself wearing this a lot - it's certainly better than my usual summerweight sleeper, which is a Big Foot PJs made of flannel. The rear zip and snap tab isn't difficult for an adult to work (though it IS awkward - this is not a product that you can casually step out of when you need the toilet, so nappies are a must).

However, for it's intended market, I have to say, I'd be disappointed. It's pretty obvious if you look at the Little Keeper Sleeper that a "Houdini Suit" has to fit tightly, otherwise the wearer can simply withdraw their arms from their sleeves inside the sleeper, and interfere with their nappy without ever needing to remove the sleeper itself. Mine is sufficiently baggy, both in the arms and the chest, to make that pretty easy. Now, that's not an inherent defect of the product, but a problem of sizing. The issue is that Rackety's only offers two sizes - small and medium - and they don't specify what the dimensions are on their website. I suspect that the small would have fit more snugly, but it might have been too short in the leg. That's the trouble with adult bodies - there's far more variation. This is something of a niche product for Rackety's, so they haven't invested in a wide range of sizes.

On consideration, I'm going to hang on to this, rather than taking my chances with a small. I don't need a snug fit, and the looseness of this is what makes it comfortable in warm conditions. Realistically, if you want a rear zip sleeper that fits snugly, you're probably going to need to get it custom made.

Of the two sleepers I've recently bought, I would have to say that I prefer the Lands End one. It's snug, warm, and looks juvenile, where the Rackety's one doesn't.

Last edited:
GREAT! I really enjoy the LE footed pajamas that I have, even if I am a bit taller and heavier than you (Akastus). The LE footed pajamas go from size 2T to 20 XL :D. In RL I have actually noticed that kids are growing taller much earlier these days faster and faster.

The size for a 12 year old (back in 1999) would be size 16 (minimum) today and btw. I am old but not ancient at 34 years...

And yes, Akastus you can feel like a juvenile in them because you are one, you silly thing you ;)

Last edited:
I just received my LE sleeper. And have to say that it is the most comfortable sleeper that LE has ever made (excluding 2009 versions). Sleeves are perfect and it's a little bit loose for me (but not so much). The feet are really big compared for example with the green striped version that Zebben shows in his profile (I have the same and can´t wear it because of the feet size). It actually fits more like the last target sleepers in XL size. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back