Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got an question?

Default I got an question?

What would the affects of stool softener n what would be the affects of prolonged use.

This would be a good question for your pharmacist, doctor, or other medical professional. I know somebody who took stool softeners regularly without problems, but they were prescribed by a doctor.

There are two kinds of stool softeners: ones with a laxative an ones without. In this case, the doctor prescribed the kind w/o a laxative. Both types are available over the counter.

I would only do it a couple times a week. If you're using them to get a good mess, then that'll work well. Never use laxatives/stool softeners to lose weight, you'll end up dehydrated with some damage to your organs.

Quote Originally Posted by ornitorrinco View Post
    This would be a good question for your pharmacist, doctor, or other medical professional. I know somebody who took stool softeners regularly without problems, but they were prescribed by a doctor.

There are two kinds of stool softeners: ones with a laxative an ones without. In this case, the doctor prescribed the kind w/o a laxative. Both types are available over the counter.

Ok and I didn't know there were too types lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    I would only do it a couple times a week. If you're using them to get a good mess, then that'll work well. Never use laxatives/stool softeners to lose weight, you'll end up dehydrated with some damage to your organs.

No it's not for weight loss I'm already skinny its more for ease of messing n less control

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash728 View Post
    No it's not for weight loss I'm already skinny its more for ease of messing n less control
    Alright cool then stick to a schedule and don't do it more than 3 times a week. The last thing you want is to have to tell your doctor why you've been taking laxatives lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    Alright cool then stick to a schedule and don't do it more than 3 times a week. The last thing you want is to have to tell your doctor why you've been taking laxatives lol

Yeah lol 😁 don't want that 😣

I would just go with fiber supplements and keeping hydrated. It should make everything nice and soft.

Quote Originally Posted by WildRoseBaby View Post
    I would just go with fiber supplements and keeping hydrated. It should make everything nice and soft.

Ooo I like that idea 💡

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash728 View Post
    What would the affects of stool softener n what would be the affects of prolonged use.
    I had to use them for a few months after surgery with no ill effects, but I wouldn't do it without medical advice...