Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me I'm not the only one who's annoyed by scale being off!

Question Tell me I'm not the only one who's annoyed by scale being off!

2 things, above all else, put me in my Little headspace, scale, and realism. If the scale isn't right, I feel like an adult who is faking her way though a game. I'm not! I'm an adult, but I'm trying to get somewhere within myself.

The thing is, someone said before, that his body felt too big. I guess I'm in that boat, too. This is especially true of print size. Kids can take a higher number of smaller prints, because their bodies are smaller, but we need a smaller number of larger prints, because we're bigger. Am I being clear, and does anybody else prefer scaled up items, or feel too big, if items aren't to scale?

The scale and realism issues may have a good part. They mean I'd rather have a few custom treasures, that are exactly to scale, and exactly what I want, than buy out the kiddie store.

On my list of custom items are:
    Little outfits
    a bottle that looks like an Adiri and a Comotomo loved each other very much, and decided to make a 32 oz. AB bottle, with a leak-free 1-price rim/nipple/flip-up nipple cover, easy to read oz. marks, and cute designs- Hey, realism.
    A scaled up mirror/teether/rattle combo toy, I've drawn plans for it; it kinda looks like Saturn.
    A not too big or too small, air-filled silicone, "Hug Me Baymax," with catch phrases, and in-tummy projector. They have plushies of him, but Baymax isn't plush; he's silicone and air! Does that get on anyone else's last nerve?!
    A mobility scooter that looks like a Fisher-Price Power Wheels and a righteously bad pink, yellow, and purple water gun, that doesn't need constant refilling, and matching crossbow, that puts Nerf Rebelle to shame, and can be mounted to the mobility scooter

Do any of those sound fun to anyone else?
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 26-Mar-2015 at 17:33.

I myself wish for a custom adult-sized steel crib.
    I would also want an adult-sized tricycle.

I understand completely.

However for me, I find that true baby or toddler items are just fine for me (other than clothing which needs to fit). It does not lessen the 'illusion' of being a baby for me. Part of that may be that I have never truly regressed, oh I pretend, but my mind never makes that leap to being little.

I don't really need outside confirmation to feel little- well, not too much. I don't like having facial or body hair, for example. But I have tattoos and I'm not a small guy so I am under no illusion that I a actually little. The scale or mirror doesn't bother me much, it's how I feel in headspace mostly.

But, when I want to FEEL little physically... sometimes it helps to have things scaled, such as a large chair. They make these giant camping chairs that I was able to try out at TeddyCon last year and they made me feel super-little. Mind you, I am 6', 260 lbs, and I look toddler-sized in this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BabbyThrone.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	23659

Yep, scale makes it happen for me too. The adult world is just plain too small for my AB likes. Lots of my stuff is baby sized but there's nothing quite like being overwhelmed by BIG things. I get as many AB sized things as I can. My teddy is a big one. It makes me look like a three year old when I'm holding it. My Nuk 5 is great, but I sure wish the guard was bigger. My favorite toy is Mega Blocks. They are absolutely the coolest anti big kid toy for AB's. I have three sets so it keeps my (unfortunately) big mind busy so I can be little. I need to find some super giant coloring books.....
    After 50 years as an AB I finally have the ultimate time machine. I built a big sized crib. I used a twin mattress and started from there. The thing is so big that it's taller than me when I'm standing on the floor. The rails are high enough that I can't get out over them. The only problem is that it made the room too small. When I get a chance I'll post a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins
    They make these giant camping chairs that I was able to try out at TeddyCon last year and they made me feel super-little. Mind you, I am 6', 260 lbs, and I look toddler-sized in this.
    Wow, MattiKins, you're a lucky duck!

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    I myself wish for a custom adult-sized steel crib.
    I would also want an adult-sized tricycle.
    Someone posted that because he had seizures at night, he designed his crib, and someone built it for him. Same goes for his changing table, because of medical necessity. I read that thread, and immediate thought of you, because a crib & changing table are necessities for you, too. Not having something doesn't render it unnecessary. I know that, because I've had an established need for power mobility since 4th or 5th grade, but haven't had it since the last day of 8th grade. I'm pushing 30 now, and, boy, do I miss power! As for the trike, ta-da!
    http://www.rifton.com/products/speci...tricycles-r140

Hey, if I were to talk to custom toy folks about some of my ideas, who else would want them, and which things? I ask because ordering more than one is most likely cheaper. Keep in mind, this'll be way off in the future. Some things, like the bottle, obviously aren't toys, but, yay for transferrable technology. They say they can build non-toys, too! Would it help y'all envision the bottle if I post pictures of the parts of the Comotomo and Adiri bottles I like?
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 26-Mar-2015 at 17:51.

I agree completely on this one! I built a custom molded "training potty" that I may have even posted pics of because I feel stupid using things too small for me. I just got my second prototype of a MAM replica I built in adult size from the manufacture. I love up scaling kids stuff! I'll try to attach pics of the pacifier that's modeled after a MAM air. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427404146.440739.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	23660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427404163.263124.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	23661

I will never be happy until I'm actually three years old again. So there's that.

You're as young as you feel. Unless you truly believe in coming back to this world in another life and form, that three year old physically thing isn't gonna happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    I agree completely on this one! I built a custom molded "training potty" that I may have even posted pics of because I feel stupid using things too small for me. I just got my second prototype of a MAM replica I built in adult size from the manufacture. I love up scaling kids stuff! I'll try to attach pics of the pacifier that's modeled after a MAM air. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427404146.440739.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	23660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427404163.263124.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	23661
    What manufacturor did you use for the paci?