Seen in a Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet said:
I had shorts and a long t shirt on. I was walking down to change in the single stall bathroom.

What do you think it was that made them suspect you were wearing a diaper then? Presumably they didn't actually "see" your diaper as the title of this thread implies if you were wearing shorts and a long t-shirt. Was it the crinkly sound combined with an odd gait that aroused their suspicions? Or was it a noticeable bulge that gave it away? I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:
It must have been the waddle and crinkle. Totally embarrassing.

Yeah but it was still rude of them though.

Internet said:

One last question: What type/brand of diaper(s) were you wearing? This would be useful to know so that others can potentially avoid a similar embarrassing scenario. On the bright side, I think it's safe to say that these girls don't "know" that you wear diapers, only that they suspect that you "might" wear diapers. If you happen to encounter them again when you're not wearing a diaper, and it is plainly obvious that you're not wearing a diaper, you could perhaps dispel their suspicions once and for all since an incontinent person would be wearing diapers all the time. I highly doubt that they would make the additional connection that you wear diapers because you're an ABDL rather than simply for a medical problem unless they themselves had some knowledge or experience with ABDLs, which is actually a possibility since it would explain the astuteness of their initial observation. But I'm probably just thinking too much at this point. Anyway, I wouldn't be at all concerned if I were you.

Why can't you change in your room? A towel to dry off a bit then go shower

Clarity said:
[Removed post]

There's no reason to accuse. He posted an awkward situation and said he felt bad about it. You should assume that people are posting in good faith even if you have some doubts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarity said:
[Removed Post]

Sorry you feel that way. Posting hate won't get you very far. Believe what you want to believe but don't start throwing accusations around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Internet said:
Sorry you feel that way. Posting hate won't get you very far. Believe what you want to believe but don't start throwing accusations around.

I know how you feel. Most people think they know what they are talking about even though they never properly researched what was really happening. Honestly I find it really hard to believe that you are a exhibitionist for no other reason then the fact that you are conscientious of what people think because you wear diapers. Essentially your behavior and the reason why you even made this thread certainly makes one wonder why you would be allegedly a exhibitionist since you have clearly stated (and shown in your behavior) how disconcerted you where by the statements of 2 random ladies trash talk. After all If you went around in nothing but a diaper I think anyone could have found it on Youtube by now (hypothetically) before you even had a chance to post it here and I see no such evidence of that regarding your case specifically. It's obvious that people are simply motivated to try to disconcert you even more simply out of fear and/or ignorance.

I did want to mention a question that sounds almost harsh but actually has a certain kind of comfort that comes with it. Why should anyone even consider much less respect some selfish, self-centered, backwards minded societal standard that has no basis on facts or even reality usually? Yes i am talking about the social stigma that comes with wearing diapers specifically here. The answer is there is no good reason. However it's not that simple for you is it Internet? That is the hard part to learn. The answer honestly is something that is different for each and every single human being on this planet. It's never exactly the same for every person so it's difficult to answer. Based upon what I know of you I would suggest generally speaking you might want to consider finding out why you do care about the statements of other's and figure yourself out enough so you can change your thinking in a healthy and positive way so you do not have to even waste time and effort on such immaturity. There is nothing wrong with liking diapers and no one has any business telling you how to live in the first place as long as it hurts no one. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Internet said:

Don't be embarrassed. You see there are a lot of people where I live that know I am incontinent and that I use diapers to manage it including people I would have not told a thing about. You see I had a accident that leaked all over the place last year in front of over a dozen strangers and that is how the general population found out unfortunately. I used to get comments about that all the time. People know better then to talk trash me now. I actually will remind them of their place (on the spot usually) by mentioning how I find it amusing they think I am immature when they are petty enough to seriously think their statements actually have the desired effect on me. I usually make statements that embarrass them on the spot essentially. I would recommend not to conform to them but to conform to who and what you are or want to become.

Last edited:
I would say that if you do not know the girls you should forget about this. I can see that it was an embarrassing moment, but do not pay more attention than that.

Internet said:
Tonight I went downstairs to the single stall bathrooms in my dorm and there were a few girls standing outside their doors talking. I had to walk right through them to get to the bathroom to change my diaper and when I did I could hear them giggling and whisper to each other, "is he wearing a diaper?" It's humiliating knowing that people other than my girlfriend know about my diapers now. I know I shouldn't care but I've already had a stressful few days which is why I was wearing diapers to begin with. And now this.

Advice?

I understand, and I'm sorry that happened to you. I suspect this wont be easy to take in so soon after, but I hope that, in time, you will be able to come to terms with yourself enough to more easily shrug off opinions of people you don't know. I had some friends find out when they spent the night. I was forgot to replace the toilet paper and they opened a cabinet looking for some. I was mortified. Now, they're my closest friends.

My point here is that the important people, the people who care about you will accept you for you. It may take time, but they will. That said, only tell people if you want to and if you feel like it'll be good for you. I talk about it with those friends from time to time. They don't think any less of me for it. If someone is willing to make fun of you for this, I don't know if they ever cared about you as a person. Situations like these hurt. They're also opportunities to grow as people. Without judging them back, it is possible to acknowledge that their behavior is disrespectful, and you have other things to focus on. This can be a time to practice letting go of the opinions of strangers. It's all in how you look at it.

“There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all life is too short to be anything but happy.”
– Karl Marx

Never thought I'd be quoting Marx, but it fits very well. Best of luck.

--Jin

I am pretty sure at least once that my diapers were discovered by somebody when I was in public wearing them because there were showing through my shorts. Fortunately she didn't say anything but I would have been really embarrassed if she did. I would have been embarrassed if I heard those girls say that but I probably would keep on wearing the diapers and it is really none of their business.

tall2826 said:
I am pretty sure at least once that my diapers were discovered by somebody when I was in public wearing them because there were showing through my shorts. Fortunately she didn't say anything but I would have been really embarrassed if she did. I would have been embarrassed if I heard those girls say that but I probably would keep on wearing the diapers and it is really none of their business.

Chances are good they thought it was for medical reasons. Even if that is not the case of course it does not matter anyways because yes you're right it is no one's business.

They could get their asses kicked out of your school for behaving that way.

Possibly Insane said:
They could get their asses kicked out of your school for behaving that way.

actually in point of fact that is not possible. People being ignorant like that would not be kicked out of college unless their behavior was a clear physical threat to the safety of themselves or others somehow(Or disrupt classes somehow). This is why loudmouths like those girls can talk smack all day and still attend classes. Of course no one should take them seriously since it's obvious they are to ignorant to know what they are talking about usually. I know because I went to college and I know the rules and regulations about things like that.

accepted said:
actually in point of fact that is not possible. People being ignorant like that would not be kicked out of college unless their behavior was a clear physical threat to the safety of themselves or others somehow(Or disrupt classes somehow). This is why loudmouths like those girls can talk smack all day and still attend classes. Of course no one should take them seriously since it's obvious they are to ignorant to know what they are talking about usually. I know because I went to college and I know the rules and regulations about things like that.

You're 38. Things are different now. It's 100% possible to be kicked out for hurting someone's feelings.

Sorry you have that experience, but remember you need them for medical reasons and should try to not worry what people think, they probably have already forgotten about it and have moved on. I had to change in a bestbuys washroom a few weeks ago and ran into a sales rep I have deltwith carrying my used diaper out of the stall put in the trash. It made me uncomfortable for a few moments but I just passed him got rid of the diaper and washed my hands and left the bathroom. And never thought about it again until this post, aim can't control having to wear so I decided to just get on with life and not let having to wear get me down.

Just remember we are our own worst enemies when we worry about what we can't change and what people think. Most times they have moved on and forgotten the event while we fret over it and make the angsiaty worse so don't worry all will be ok

Possibly Insane said:
You're 38. Things are different now. It's 100% possible to be kicked out for hurting someone's feelings.

Sorry but not in the U.S. I know because getting your feelings hurt does not constitute a violation of one's civil rights. I went to college between 2003 to 2005. Some of the classes I took did involve laws (my major was accounting and I had to take business law 101 and a ethics class). If everyone who hurt someone's feelings in the U.S was kicked out of college there would be no students. Chances are you believe this because someone did something in addition to hurting a victims feelings that legitimately got them booted that most of us are unaware of. I know these procedures and I have had to use them myself to defend myself in a court room on occasion in the past. I also have friendly acquaintances who are attorneys and I learned about this through them as well. If you still don't believe me ask Moo. He has a attorney and will tell you the same. Those girls cannot be booted for simply laughing at the OP.

Sorry you had a bad experience. However, like a few other mentioned, the way they acted should have no impact on your day.

I will say that there were several times that I faced similar situations when I was younger. I almost died of embarrassment too. Older and wiser I have accepted myself and pretty care free about it.

I travel a lot, and frequently change in airport restrooms. I have no problem untaping (very loud and very obvious), and I am able to silently chuckle about it instead of freaking out like I did a few years ago.

Hang in there, it gets better. BTW... The Marx quote tossed out there was great.

accepted said:
Sorry but not in the U.S. I know because getting your feelings hurt does not constitute a violation of one's civil rights. I went to college between 2003 to 2005. Some of the classes I took did involve laws (my major was accounting and I had to take business law 101 and a ethics class). If everyone who hurt someone's feelings in the U.S was kicked out of college there would be no students. Chances are you believe this because someone did something in addition to hurting a victims feelings that legitimately got them booted that most of us are unaware of. I know these procedures and I have had to use them myself to defend myself in a court room on occasion in the past. I also have friendly acquaintances who are attorneys and I learned about this through them as well. If you still don't believe me ask Moo. He has a attorney and will tell you the same. Those girls cannot be booted for simply laughing at the OP.

I attended a private religious university between 2005 and 2009, and I can attest to this. You aren't going to get kicked out for laughing at someone or hurting their feelings. The most that is going to happen is that you are going to have to have a talk with your hall director about it, or maybe the dean if it was a serious enough incident (or a repetitive incident).

The only minor incident I have firsthand knowledge of that got someone kicked out of college was actually at a neighboring religious university that was also a dry campus. While drinking was swept under the rug and dealt with on a "multiple strike" policy, it was zero-tolerance at our neighbor's university - because their funding primarily came from one particularly wealthy branch of the Christian Church who would have have provided them with money if they tolerated drinking in any capacity.

To think about it from another angle, colleges need enrollment numbers and high retention levels to make themselves look good in order to get the funding they want. Like I said, it's all about the money. They have a vested interest in keeping you there and unless it's going to hurt their bottom line, they are not going to toss you out on your ass for making fun of someone. Right now we have a lot of administrators across the country getting in some hot water because we are discovering that they have been covering up on-campus rapes committed by students.

Firsthand knowledge: I burnt myself out pretty hard, then took myself out of college due to being unable to maintain my grades. I didn't have the best disciplinary record, either. Even with my abysmal grades at the time, and the record, they STILL did everything they could to try to keep me there. I basically had to put my foot down and tell them that I was leaving, end of story.

My little brother once saw me when I was 14 with a baby diaper on... That was in the beginning... He joked about it after that, but never really got anywhere with it. My mom and sister know only because I told them. They accept me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back