Not open for further replies.

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Let's say a Great Quality Product diaper manufacture,

Screws up , And List a Certain Kind of diaper For way too cheap on there site,

Shouldn't they Eat up the fault Vs Canceling your order or anyone who ordered their item at such a low price?

Ill just say they had Cases of diapers @28$ Vs 95$ a case of 36
Is that not like false advertisement?

It all depends, if it was an obvious mistake with no advertisement then they should adjust the cost, but if it was advertised as a sale then recanted, it would make the seller look bad.
Reminds me of a 3-4 years ago, there was a seller that was having a weekend sale on abena products, buy 1 case, get 1 free. Well... we all hit them up, it was unexpected but the company maintained there sale, filled all orders..but never had another sale like that again.

Not the first time i notice it and then a sales gone , however this was a fuck up but unsure how big this company is to take a huge hit, witch would make sence in a way but at the same time make people annoyed who bought and had their orders cancellled , i din'T buy them but i was going to till i tried to look up the local retailler or get more info on it and pick up rather then ship them to me from the same company ,

Nothing listed i just stumbled on it being interested in a discountinued diaper after tehy are out their gone

If they made the price screw up, and people have already completed the order, then they have quite literally entered a contract for that sale price. Cancelling your order without your consent is a breach of contract, and they could be potentially sued for not honoring that sales contract (hope you kept the receipt).

Slomo said:
If they made the price screw up, and people have already completed the order, then they have quite literally entered a contract for that sale price. Cancelling your order without your consent is a breach of contract, and they could be potentially sued for not honoring that sales contract (hope you kept the receipt).

It's not uncommon for online and even brick-n-mortar stores to have terms of sale online that include disclaimers like "not responsible for pricing errors" and list "order cancellation" as a remedy that you are willing to accept as part of the terms of sale.

Though I've seen a number of "pricing errors" where companies honored the sales made prior to them fixing the error, just to not have to deal with a public backlash.
I know Best Buy has done this at least twice.

- - - Updated - - -

pampers4U said:
It all depends, if it was an obvious mistake with no advertisement then they should adjust the cost, but if it was advertised as a sale then recanted, it would make the seller look bad.
Reminds me of a 3-4 years ago, there was a seller that was having a weekend sale on abena products, buy 1 case, get 1 free. Well... we all hit them up, it was unexpected but the company maintained there sale, filled all orders..but never had another sale like that again.

yep I remember that, diaperbuys.com had an xplus case bogo with free shipping. I think that was what they wanted to do, but were just not expecting the response they got. The "inventory that had been allocated for the sale" was depleted within 36 hrs, and I recall a few here saying they had hit them up for over $1,000 in diapers. (IC that were going to be using that many cases in the next few years anyway and had the space to store them) I got four cases of size Large (36 diapers per case, 144 diapers total) for $109 shipped. It was an incredible deal. I would have bought twice that much or more if I'd had more room to store them at the time. $1,000 would get you 1,333 decent quality diapers. (37 cases!) For a lot of us that seems like a bottomless pit, but that's just 3.6/day for a year. So only half a year's supply for a full IC person who goes through 7 diapers / day! That'd drop their year's diaper bill from $4,000 to $2,000 if they had 2 grand to invest in a sale like that.

(I suppose 7/day is an average number for lower quality diapers though... maybe the daily average is more like 4/day for those. So close to a year's supply for $1k)

bambinod said:
It's not uncommon for online and even brick-n-mortar stores to have terms of sale online that include disclaimers like "not responsible for pricing errors" and list "order cancellation" as a remedy that you are willing to accept as part of the terms of sale.

Though I've seen a number of "pricing errors" where companies honored the sales made prior to them fixing the error, just to not have to deal with a public backlash.
I know Best Buy has done this at least twice.

- - - Updated - - -

yep I remember that, diaperbuys.com had an xplus case bogo with free shipping. I think that was what they wanted to do, but were just not expecting the response they got. The "inventory that had been allocated for the sale" was depleted within 36 hrs, and I recall a few here saying they had hit them up for over $1,000 in diapers. (IC that were going to be using that many cases in the next few years anyway and had the space to store them) I got four cases of size Large (36 diapers per case, 144 diapers total) for $109 shipped. It was an incredible deal. I would have bought twice that much or more if I'd had more room to store them at the time. $1,000 would get you 1,333 decent quality diapers. (37 cases!) For a lot of us that seems like a bottomless pit, but that's just 3.6/day for a year. So only half a year's supply for a full IC person who goes through 7 diapers / day! That'd drop their year's diaper bill from $4,000 to $2,000 if they had 2 grand to invest in a sale like that.

(I suppose 7/day is an average number for lower quality diapers though... maybe the daily average is more like 4/day for those. So close to a year's supply for $1k)
Airlines will cancel your ticket if you bought a goof fare. sadly courts and government have made it in the airlines favor. Conditions of Carriage is not your best friend.

Of course they should honour any sales already made. I understand if they then stop the sale early and put up an explanation though to stop digging a hole for themselves.

You should though name and shame any false advertising so others can avoid scambag companies.

I've actually gotten stuff from Walmart where they actually screwed up and put the wrong price.

I feel like they let me have the stuff without a fuss because I bring it to their attention so they can fix the price error. XD (Got a $20 item for $2, etc.) Unfortunately a pricing error online sees more than just two or three people coming through and going "OH! $200 for $20? Cool!" They'll see thousands of orders as the word spreads about the 'crazy low price'. So I kind of get why they cancel the orders instead of fulfilling them when online. A company can deal with one big hit like that, but a thousand? They'd end up going out of business if they fulfilled a thousand orders due to a goof price.

(A sale is a different animal. Like the Build-a-bear 'pay your age' fiasco...they had way too many people come out and way too little infrastructure in place. They ended up handing out coupons to people and asking them to come back later on because they were running out of products.)

I actually fully support them cancelling the order. If I (or for the sake of argument, an employee of mine) had listed an item for an incorrect amount, I would most certainly want to be able to say "I'm sorry, but there has been a mistake". Losing money like that could kill a small trader if it was a bad enough undersell of a large enough number of people tried to buy it for that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back