Tips for using my diaper in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTheDL1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, I have an overactive bladder and am a DL.

I've gotten pretty used to wearing on a daily basis. But despite my bladders overactiveness, I can't use my diaper in public. Let's say I've been bursting for a pee for a whole day, I still can't go. I don't know if this is something physical or mental But when I get back in my own room, I start wetting immediately because I have to go so bad from holding it in all day.
(Usually, that makes my diapers leak... :/ )

So I was wondering if any of you have any tips?
Thanks in advance.

I hope you are having a nice day. :)
Best regards.
-Edward.

Edward, I understand that you are having difficulty peeing in public. I suspect that you are nervous about leaking in public.. do you have this problem at home? You might try not concentrating on not being able to go but just relaxing to a point where you can let go, then stay wet until you go again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I focus on point of leaking. If your pads usually leak after pee, you should try other diapers.
I usually wear plastic diapers in my private, and pant diapers in public. the pants are easier pull down for pee in toilet and not concern about leaking. So when I back to my room, I wear pads and enjoy my diaper times.

Last edited:
alwayz said:
Edward, I understand that you are having difficulty peeing in public. I suspect that you are nervous about leaking in public.. do you have this problem at home? You might try not concentrating on not being able to go but just relaxing to a point where you can let go, then stay wet until you go again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, the fear of leaking is pretty reoccuring, although that is not the root of the issue. The fear of leaking is mostly due to the fact, that my main diapers (ID slip plus cottonfeel) have lowered their quality a lot, so they have a hard time holding a flooding. :/ )
The main issue is... Well... I don't know. Maybe you are right, and it is the fear of leaking. But I don't really know. Because when I get home, I can go easily.

Pretty hard to solve.

Anyhow, thank you for your respond. (Once again. :p)

I hope you are having a great day.
Best regards.
-Edward.

- - - Updated - - -

HiRoShi said:
I focus on point of leaking. If your pads usually leak after pee, you should try other diapers.
I usually wear plastic diapers in my private, and plant diapers in public. the plants are easier pull down for pee in toilet and not concern about leaking. So when I back to my room, I wear pads and enjoy my diaper times.

I prefer plastic backed diapers too since they have a substantially lower chance of leaking. And whilst I would like to go with that proposal, I am more of a diaper-guy than a pad-guy. Pads, if I actually were to use it, would have a lower capacity, so I like being on the safe side.

Anyhow, thank you for your response.

I hope you are having a nice day. :)
Best regards.
-Edward.

Edwaed, the more you wear diapers the easier it will be for you. I started going to Walmart, and allowed my anxiety be there. As I walked around the store, the urge to pee became strong. I continued to walk around the store and soon the trickle started and then a full flow. I felt my diaper get heavier, but had not yet leaked. I went to check out and of course there was a long line so I waited and the urge to pee returned and the flow started again. by the time I left the store I checked my jeans and there was no leakage but I had a 20 minute ride home. By the time I got home there was a wet spot so I changed my diaper. I did this many times and found that peeing in my diaper became easier with each excursion. Today I am very confident wearing a diaper and do wear diapers 99% of the time.
I only wear cloth diapers, and have to manage washing them to keep at least 4 in stock per day.

You wear PLANTS??? That has to be a thorny situation let alone a disaster. scratches head??????

- - - Updated - - -

That wet spot had to come from the material not absorbing the urine fast enough therefore called press out. need to allow a good amount of time to pass before you go and sit down otherwise you will have a leak.

xpluswearer said:
You wear PLANTS??? That has to be a thorny situation let alone a disaster. scratches head??????

- - - Updated - - -

That wet spot had to come from the material not absorbing the urine fast enough therefore called press out. need to allow a good amount of time to pass before you go and sit down otherwise you will have a leak.

What is "plant diapers" even? lel
I assumed they were cottonfell diapers. *Chuckles*

Anyhow, I hope you are having a good day.
Best regards.
-Edward.

- - - Updated - - -

alwayz said:
Edwaed, the more you wear diapers the easier it will be for you. I started going to Walmart, and allowed my anxiety be there. As I walked around the store, the urge to pee became strong. I continued to walk around the store and soon the trickle started and then a full flow. I felt my diaper get heavier, but had not yet leaked. I went to check out and of course there was a long line so I waited and the urge to pee returned and the flow started again. by the time I left the store I checked my jeans and there was no leakage but I had a 20 minute ride home. By the time I got home there was a wet spot so I changed my diaper. I did this many times and found that peeing in my diaper became easier with each excursion. Today I am very confident wearing a diaper and do wear diapers 99% of the time.
I only wear cloth diapers, and have to manage washing them to keep at least 4 in stock per day.

Once again, thank you for your input.
I actually haven't tried cloth-diapers. Are they any good? Can you get something that looks at least partially medical, and is affordable? :)

Anyhow, I think I will be trying that in the future. I some time did sucseeded with wetting in public, but that was a quiet store, and I really had to go. If I were to do that now, I would have to get better diapers first, in order for them to actually hold a full bladder.

Best regards.
-Edward. :)

EdwardTheDL1998 said:
What is "plant diapers" even? lel
I assumed they were cottonfell diapers. *Chuckles*

Anyhow, I hope you are having a good day.
Best regards.
-Edward.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, thank you for your input.
I actually haven't tried cloth-diapers. Are they any good? Can you get something that looks at least partially medical, and is affordable? :)

Anyhow, I think I will be trying that in the future. I some time did sucseeded with wetting in public, but that was a quiet store, and I really had to go. If I were to do that now, I would have to get better diapers first, in order for them to actually hold a full bladder.

Best regards.
-Edward. :)
Dunno what they are I was asking Hiroshi from above that question on Plant Diapers......

xpluswearer said:
Dunno what they are I was asking Hiroshi from above that question on Plant Diapers......

Oh, okay.

-Edward.

Try Betterdry diapers they have proven to be the most absorbant diaper I have tried and they are my diaper,of choice to manage my OAB issues I can trust the diaper to do its job and not stress about leaks. They will happen from time to time but 99.9 % of the time my pants stay dry.

Rob110 said:
Try Betterdry diapers they have proven to be the most absorbant diaper I have tried and they are my diaper,of choice to manage my OAB issues I can trust the diaper to do its job and not stress about leaks. They will happen from time to time but 99.9 % of the time my pants stay dry.

I've actually used betterdrys before. They are super good! But they are a bit expensive, and only comes plastic backed. Which would be hard for me, since I go to school as well.

Best regards.
-Edward.

EdwardTheDL1998 said:
I've actually used betterdrys before. They are super good! But they are a bit expensive, and only comes plastic backed. Which would be hard for me, since I go to school as well.

Best regards.
-Edward.

You have to look at it as a cost per day, never per diaper. Betterdry has got to be the one of the least expensive diapers I have ever used. Why, because I only need to change them twice per day at a cost of just over $3.00 per day. With a "cheap" $0.50 diaper I would be changing every couple of hours at a cost of $6.00 per day (which that includes waking up multiple times at night to change as well).

Fyi, I wore Abena xplus through part of my college, then confidry to my work, and now wear Crinklz too. It is not difficult to conceal them, and nobody notices unless you make it really obvious you are diapered (like with too tight pants, too short of a shirt, or leaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back