FedEx Hold at Pickup Location now Live on NorthShoreCare.com

xpluswearer said:
FedEx had this option all along did they not? You could go onto Fedex.com and plug in your tracking number and there was a blue button you could click that would hold delivery or was it hold for pickup at FedEx location. I had to do that once in Boston because a hotel wanted to charge me to get packages. Just saying think this is nothing new really. Adam just reworked his website to patch thru that button from FedEx addition to the website .

Correct, we've been promoting this option on FedEx's website through their site called "FedEx Delivery Manager". But it seems most people either didn't realize it was there even though we promoted it with emails or banners on our site...or didn't want to mess with figuring out the FedEx site.

It's much better now that it's available right at checkout. I apologize it took us this long to get it working on our site. It's actually quite a complicated feature to add to checkout.

xpluswearer said:
FedEx had this option all along did they not? You could go onto Fedex.com and plug in your tracking number and there was a blue button you could click that would hold delivery or was it hold for pickup at FedEx location. I had to do that once in Boston because a hotel wanted to charge me to get packages. Just saying think this is nothing new really. Adam just reworked his website to patch thru that button from FedEx addition to the website .

I've used this before but either forget until after I place the order (what a pain) or just don't want to mess with it. And I never knew that having things shipped to a place other than a FedEx office or distribution center was an option. This may not be new to those in the know about such things, but having worked in technology for a lot of years I can tell you that 90% of the battle is education that a feature exists and making it easy. The company that does those things best usually wins.

-RMS

NorthShoreAdam said:
Correct, we've been promoting this option on FedEx's website through their site called "FedEx Delivery Manager". But it seems most people either didn't realize it was there even though we promoted it with emails or banners on our site...or didn't want to mess with figuring out the FedEx site.

It's much better now that it's available right at checkout. I apologize it took us this long to get it working on our site. It's actually quite a complicated feature to add to checkout.
no need to be sorry. some customers just have logistics in their blood no worries.
Before I knew about your company I ordered from XP and had to hold my order for my visits to Boston due to the one hotel I stay at there charged me for accepting my packages Not good! besides Fed Ex Boston is at Logan Airport and just a quick shuttle ride to its front door easy peasy!
Land, get shuttle to Fed Ex get shuttle back call hotel for shuttle on way back arrive back at Terminal hop off and get onto the hotel shuttle get checked in and volia all set for the duration not complicated at all.

What's nice about the FedEx pickup option now is that they've been greatly expanding the number of possible pickup locations. They now include: FedEx Ship centers, FedEx Office locations, Walgreens, Krogers, Albertsons, other grocery stores...and they are adding Walmart locations very soon. You just enter your ZIP code on our site and it will show all the nearest locations on a map to choose.

NorthShoreAdam said:
What's nice about the FedEx pickup option now is that they've been greatly expanding the number of possible pickup locations. They now include: FedEx Ship centers, FedEx Office locations, Walgreens, Krogers, Albertsons, other grocery stores...and they are adding Walmart locations very soon. You just enter your ZIP code on our site and it will show all the nearest locations on a map to choose.

My only option used to be the main depot which was far out of my way. When they added Walgreens it helped a lot, that was on my way home from work AND they are open later AND on Saturdays.

Though I ordered $1,200 of hard drives and had them held at Walgreens since I wasn't going to be home during the day to sign for them. When I got there to pick them up they said they weren't there yet. And when I called FedEx to find out why I got an "available for pickup notice" before they were available, they said they delivered them to Walgreens that morning and had a signature from the store. Much arguing ensued between FedEx and several Walgreens employees, on MY cell phone. It took them 45 minutes to find it - turns out the guy sorting out the Hallmark boxes for the displays put it in with his packages since the boxes were the same size and looked very similar. (so they're still getting used to the idea that some of the packages they get in on the truck are NOT for the store) But since that particular package shipped with insurance, I'm sure that FedEx was leaning on them pretty hard to find the package.

Owell, all's well that ends well I suppose. But I've had half a dozen cases of diapers held there this year with no problems, and I'm NOT looking forward to an awkward conversation about finding my lost diapers, so I hope they have things all sorted out by now. (ALL of those cases came from Canada or Europe, so that would also not be a cheap phonecall)

bambinod said:
My only option used to be the main depot which was far out of my way. When they added Walgreens it helped a lot, that was on my way home from work AND they are open later AND on Saturdays.

Though I ordered $1,200 of hard drives and had them held at Walgreens since I wasn't going to be home during the day to sign for them. When I got there to pick them up they said they weren't there yet. And when I called FedEx to find out why I got an "available for pickup notice" before they were available, they said they delivered them to Walgreens that morning and had a signature from the store. Much arguing ensued between FedEx and several Walgreens employees, on MY cell phone. It took them 45 minutes to find it - turns out the guy sorting out the Hallmark boxes for the displays put it in with his packages since the boxes were the same size and looked very similar. (so they're still getting used to the idea that some of the packages they get in on the truck are NOT for the store) But since that particular package shipped with insurance, I'm sure that FedEx was leaning on them pretty hard to find the package.

Owell, all's well that ends well I suppose. But I've had half a dozen cases of diapers held there this year with no problems, and I'm NOT looking forward to an awkward conversation about finding my lost diapers, so I hope they have things all sorted out by now. (ALL of those cases came from Canada or Europe, so that would also not be a cheap phonecall)

Some retail employees do not follow policies which is shameful. Speaking to a former 10 plus year retail worker I have had my fair share of dumbbells that I had to work with and had to clean up their work. Also Walgreens have a special location for the FedEx pickup the three stores I have used have it at the photo area of the store. Sadly at all three I can walk in grab the box and walk out without even as much as a hey come back here or hey you cannot go back there those cameras in the ceiling must be unmanned gotta love rural America the big HQ fails to give each store the resources it needs like they do the urban stores.

Instead of calling email the companies I know I have had excellent email communications with or had with XP, Diaperconn & NorthShore which also has the chat function which works wonders too.

Back