Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well we'll drive home from Spain tomorrow. I didn't take any protection with me because I'm still embarassed about being a DL and wetting the bed sometimes. I bought myself a pack of baby diapers to wear as some kind of pad... I wanted to take some home with me and hid them in my bag... my mother has found them and said that I should throw them away because I got a lot of diapers at home...

One time she went with me to the disabled bathroom to shower because there was a huge line of people in front of the normal showers. She saw that someone had stuffed a whole pack of baby diapers into the trash and immediately asked if they are mine (They were mine but I didn't say it...) why does she always associates diapers with me? And I think that she doesn't really accept my DL side... :(

And such things always make me want to stop being a DL...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Well, you have a medical need, even if it isn't all the time, better to be safe than sorry, I have to imagine waking up in a soaked bed (or whatever you are sleeping on) must absolutely suck.

Really as long as it's not harmful or illegal you shouldn't be embarrassed (I'm assuming you are a good person, not a violent criminal or Pedophile or anything), so there is nothing seriously wrong with you.

You should accept yourself and be less stressed about things you cant control.

I agree. You should accept both the need to wear diapers and that it's okay. Your mom may be more accepting than you think.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, you have a medical need, even if it isn't all the time, better to be safe than sorry, I have to imagine waking up in a soaked bed (or whatever you are sleeping on) must absolutely suck.

Really as long as it's not harmful or illegal you shouldn't be embarrassed (I'm assuming you are a good person, not a violent criminal or Pedophile or anything), so there is nothing seriously wrong with you.

You should accept yourself and be less stressed about things you cant control.

Yeah kinda... Heck I almost had a Heart Attack this morning because my Bed was soaked but it was just sweat.

I accept myself for who I am but my mother doesn't like the fact that I wear diapers...

dogboy said:
I agree. You should accept both the need to wear diapers and that it's okay. Your mom may be more accepting than you think.
I accept my need to wear diapers but I guess that my mother kinda wants to protect me from the embarassment if others should find out about it

In a group setting it would be easier to hide diapers than wet sheets every night or nearly every night, and I would feel far more embarrassed by that than diapers in that situation.

Maybe she really means well and just doesn't know what to say or do in your situation?

if you need diapers as an adult and are embarrassed about the need order plain white adult medical grade diapers and wear the protection you need, they are easily explaned if some one notices them and they will work way better then a small diaper.

:hug:

From the posts I am sure your mother loves and accepts you matey but it’s natural for parents to want you to have their “normal”

Next time bring your diapees and disposal bags with you on holidays so you can enjoy being you and as much of the holiday as possible.

BabyTyrant said:
In a group setting it would be easier to hide diapers than wet sheets every night or nearly every night, and I would feel far more embarrassed by that than diapers in that situation.

Maybe she really means well and just doesn't know what to say or do in your situation?
I don't know tbh... I only had a small wet Spot on my Pyjama pants twice... Next Time tho I'll definitely take some diapers with me

Rob110 said:
if you need diapers as an adult and are embarrassed about the need order plain white adult medical grade diapers and wear the protection you need, they are easily explaned if some one notices them and they will work way better then a small diaper.
Well I have all the stuff at home. I was just too embarassed and terrified to pack it

Argent said:
:hug:

From the posts I am sure your mother loves and accepts you matey but it’s natural for parents to want you to have their “normal”

Next time bring your diapees and disposal bags with you on holidays so you can enjoy being you and as much of the holiday as possible.

Yeah she kinda accepts it but she sometimes acts weird because of it...

Hmm I dunno tbh...

Drynites96 said:
Yeah kinda... Heck I almost had a Heart Attack this morning because my Bed was soaked but it was just sweat.

I can very much relate :biggrin: Happens to me all the time. I actually had an accident this summer while visiting my father's family but I thought it was just sweat at first. It wasn't unfortunately. The embarrassment of having to walk up to my step-mother and especially my father and tell them...

Drynites96 said:
Well I have all the stuff at home. I was just too embarassed and terrified to pack it

Part of dealing with a problem instead of acting like it isn't a problem at all in is doing everything you can to make living with a problem more manageable or comfortable for you.

If I experienced BedWetting I would rather wake up in a wet diaper than a wet bed, it's really nothing to be ashamed about, and what strangers may think doesn't matter and parents/relatives for the most part mean well; they just don't always know what to do or say in every situation.

StoneCrab said:
I can very much relate [emoji3] Happens to me all the time. I actually had an accident this summer while visiting my father's family but I thought it was just sweat at first. It wasn't unfortunately. The embarrassment of having to walk up to my step-mother and especially my father and tell them...
Ouch... I know this feeling too well... [emoji15]

BabyTyrant said:
Part of dealing with a problem instead of acting like it isn't a problem at all in is doing everything you can to make living with a problem more manageable or comfortable for you.

If I experienced BedWetting I would rather wake up in a wet diaper than a wet bed, it's really nothing to be ashamed about, and what strangers may think doesn't matter and parents/relatives for the most part mean well; they just don't always know what to do or say in every situation.

Okay... I bought all the stuff that I need for the Trip but I was too embarassed to pack it because I didn't want my mother to find it

Acceptance of your diaper needs is an important step in dealing with incontinence issues and yes its embarrassing at first to have to pack diapers (I got over that quickly when we went to Disney and had to through daily bag checks at the park) Telling your family you need diapers may be embarrassing at first but not having to worry about hiding your medically required diapers is worth it. Remember you are not alone in having to wear diapers as an adult, eventualy people will find out and its better to be open and honest before you have an unprotected accident and wet some one elses bed that you may have to replace :)

Rob110 said:
Acceptance of your diaper needs is an important step in dealing with incontinence issues and yes its embarrassing at first to have to pack diapers (I got over that quickly when we went to Disney and had to through daily bag checks at the park) Telling your family you need diapers may be embarrassing at first but not having to worry about hiding your medically required diapers is worth it. Remember you are not alone in having to wear diapers as an adult, eventualy people will find out and its better to be open and honest before you have an unprotected accident and wet some one elses bed that you may have to replace :)

I know that I'm not alone... I'm just scared of people finding out...

Drynites96 said:
I know that I'm not alone... I'm just scared of people finding out...

Well, all the random strangers don't matter and your mom should support you if she knew you actually need the diapers.

When it comes to liking diapers without a medical need, Parents are like "it's so weird, why do you like diapers", but if theres an actual medical need for them most parents will probably be supportive.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, all the random strangers don't matter and your mom should support you if she knew you actually need the diapers.

When it comes to liking diapers without a medical need, Parents are like "it's so weird, why do you like diapers", but if theres an actual medical need for them most parents will probably be supportive.
Well I don't really 'need' them that often. I sometimes wet the bed because of nightmares but it doesn't happen that often. I'd say I wear 80% for fun and 20% for need

Drynites96 said:
Well I don't really 'need' them that often. I sometimes wet the bed because of nightmares but it doesn't happen that often. I'd say I wear 80% for fun and 20% for need

But all your mom needs to know is that you have a legitimate medical need, even if it is infrequent.

Unless it's more than just diapers, but divulging anything unnecessary comes with a risk and some parents are okay, while others will try extreme measures to change what they don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back