Word Of Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Guys

Just wanted to pass on a warning message to anyone who's thinking of trying the updated version of MyDiaper M4. These are the plain white version.

These have had an update as the previous version had a landing strip, this has now been removed and a two try tape has replaced it, they are supposedly a lot more absorbent, increased from 4000ml to 5000ml but I have yet to even test one out yet as every time I've attempted to put one on one of the tapes has just broken away from the diaper and the whole section has come away in my hand. I've put these on with minimal amount of effort so it' not like I'm trying to put them on as tight as I can, and when I did manage to succesfully put one on the slightest bit of movement and yep you guessed it snapped off again!!!!

The backing film feels like it has changed also, feels a lot more cheap feeling.
they have increased the amount you get from 10 to 14 per pack.

But in my eyes, I've just wasted my money on this pile of cheap ass rubbish!
SO DO NOT BUY THEM.

Do not confuse this with the MY Diaper Ultra night, I had a sample of those and they are really good. even though they look like a cheap knock off version of ABU's PeekABU these hold a ton and the tapes are really good.

eeps... I have some on order that will arrive any day now. I hope I have a better experience than you!

Sounds like what happened to Cuddlz. They went from a really good single tape with panel to a two tape with retapes, shrank the shell size, and lost a lot of padding, all the while calling it a "major improvement".

I don't recall the name "M4" though. I seem to recall seeing two upgrade options for the mydiaper, a lower upgrade named "plus", and a higher upgrade named "ultra". I assume you are referring to "plus"? (that's what I ordered, about an hour before I saw they also offered "ultra".... )

x-plus is a new type - I dunno if they'll gonna stop to produce the standard type - I guess not, because many other subtypes (MyDiaper Animal, MyDiaper Blue, MyDiaper Yellow, ...) are based on it - i've ordered both - arriving tomorrow

M4 x-plus type:
mydiaperM4.jpg
mydiaperm4-1.jpg
MyDiaperM4_1-Kopie.jpg
MyDiaperM4_2-Kopie.jpg

standard type:
mydiaperweiss1.jpg
mydiaperweiss3.jpg
Front-Blau.jpg
Back-Blau.jpg

MyDiaper Animal:
AnimalXL.jpg
myanimalfotoest.jpg
MyDiaperFrontNeu.png

There is also a new type and style, more absorbent, with landing zone...
MyDiaper Ultra coloured:
MYUM.jpg
MyUltra1.jpg
MYUltra.jpg
MyDiaperBunt5-Kopie.jpg
MyDiaperBunt3-Kopie.jpg

The first series of pictures looks like they put it on stodd up and took pictures , the second set looks like they put it on worked out and then shot the pictures .

You cant get me to believe people would buy and continue buying a diaper that looked like that and fit like that at any price. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Damn

Sorry you got shorted with shrinkflation garbage.

I notice they also don’t have a front waistband.

I hope this is a onetime product for MyDiaper? I remember they had those baby printed ones years ago before the MyDiaper Nacht that weren’t great but were ok with a booster.

Hi Guys

They are the M4 version the ones with the blue tabs, thanks Littlefellow for posting some pictures.
I'm hoping you guys have a better batch than what I got, and mine, unfortunately, was a one-off, the tabs have great adhesion it's just they come away from the diapers itself, I thought they were an upgraded version to the standard one that is pictured, but it seems they have completely changed it.

The MyDiaper ultra night (the ones with the 4 types of coloured landing zones) is totally different, those are great, I only tried a couple of them when I got my order from NRU the tabs on these stick like glue and boy do they hold a lot, I was drinking a few beers at home at the weekend and got a tad tipsy, I ended up falling asleep (I'm a sleepy drunk) luckily I was padded as I'd totally soaked it, I do suffer from incontinence sometimes when I get too intoxicated, but these things just soaked up everything, it says they hold up to 6000ml and what I put them through I can believe it.

I do hope you guys have a better experience than me, let me know when you have tried out your orders.

Happy me - supplies arrived ! =D

Just took pix for you fellows:

Comparing MyDiaper x-plus M4
to MyDiaper Night white (the one with landing zone, waistband and the blue pad inside)
both in size M

IMG01.jpg
IMG02.jpg
IMG03.jpg
IMG04.jpg
IMG05.jpg
IMG06.jpg

Test is still pending... ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope yours is better than mine. Let me know if you have the same problem.

First try:

The new backing film is stronger than regular ones and more durable than before.
It feels and sounds like the pvc from inflateable PVC stuff (the rough surface ones, not the shiny ones).
I've never came across this kind of backing before.

The tapes are a little smaller but strunger and seem to be more durable. (I like this update for the look of it.)

The crinkling is not too loud but fairly noticeable. (I like it this way)

They leave much room at the bottom, makes them feel more diaperish. (love it)

They fit good.
They feel good.
They absorb good.

If nothing goes wrong - I'ld buy much more of them in the future!

UPDATE:

Yes you're right.

THE TAPES ARE WEAK SPOTS !!!

They slip from te wings due some time and weight.

I will reinforce them with staples to the wings next time. That will prevent them from going off the wings.

I hope they will fix that, because it is a very nice diaper.

LittleFellow said:
x-plus is a new type - I dunno if they'll gonna stop to produce the standard type - I guess not, because many other subtypes (MyDiaper Animal, MyDiaper Blue, MyDiaper Yellow, ...) are based on it - i've ordered both - arriving tomorrow

M4 x-plus type:
View attachment 31291
View attachment 31294
View attachment 31292
View attachment 31293

standard type:
View attachment 31295
View attachment 31296
View attachment 31297
View attachment 31298

MyDiaper Animal:
View attachment 31299
View attachment 31300
View attachment 31301

There is also a new type and style, more absorbent, with landing zone...
MyDiaper Ultra coloured:
View attachment 31302
View attachment 31304
View attachment 31305
View attachment 31303
View attachment 31306

Random thought: That ultra coloured looks like it was inspired by the Peek ABU.

So the MyDiaper Nacht are still great and the new MyDiaper Ultra are really good just their more medically themed X-Plus are problematic?

Anyone know where the X-Plus are manufactured? I know Crinklz are supposed to be made in Europe and they don’t have a taping panel while MyDiaper Nacht I am sure are made in China (along with most other ABDL diapees.)

On a side note I had a look at SaveExpress again and they are stocking the Fabines Jeans Blue.... I really need to move to Germany!

OK just got in my MyDiaper Plus. (the 5000mL version mydiaper)

first things first, DERRRRP. No rear OR front elastic. I don't know how I possibly missed that but it's plain as day in the limited pictures they have online. I would not have ordered had I see that, I've had very bad luck with bad comfort and fit from diapers lacking all waist elastic. The preschools are rear-only and are a 50/50 for comfort. The few that I have tried, like AwwSoCute, fit very poorly, though part of that was due to the tapes being at the very top and bottom of the wings.

I've been wearing this Plus for a few hours and so have some initial thoughts.
- as mentioned above, the shell is a bit tougher than you usually see on a no-tape-panel diaper, but it still feels pretty soft
- it's actually hard to spot the "double use" aspect of the tapes. the pull is very short, and it's very sticky. I haven't had any problems with tape failures. they seem to be holding on fine to the shell, fine to the back, and fine between the two use tapes. I haven't tried using a retape yet though. I know some diapers have issues with the retapes not sticking as well as the first tries.
- leak guards are okay, pad size is decent, and "margin of safety" between pad end and diaper end in the back corners is also good. (about 3/4")
- these diapers are HEAVY. they actually weigh 7.3g/each, about as much as a Safari, though they are maybe only 70% of the thickness. LOTS of sap in there I think. the box was quite heavy. little rascals/fabines and crinklz are the only diapers I've personally seen that are heavier. I am expecting much swelling when wet. dry thickness when folded is pretty close to crinklz too actually, though they have nothing else in common.
- the dry diaper has a very clear quilted pattern on it. I don't just mean the inside, the outside is quilted too. Looks a bit odd. You can sort of see it in the one pic online where it's folded, but it doesn't show at all in the pictures of the diaper being unfolded or worn.
- they're pretty quiet. the padding itself is a bit crinkly, but doesn't seem to make a lot of noise under clothes.

OK time for the big issue. These diapers fit a bit like cardboard. They're incredibly stiff, moreso than NorthShore or Confidry. Probably due to the high sap content. So when you tape one of these babies on, you're going to start with a waddle, and not by choice, not by thickness between your legs, but simply by the flat wedge between your legs that doesn't want to flex. So I'm going to initially call these more of an "overnight" diaper, because they look like they're going to be high capacity and not comfortable to be walking around in. I've had this diaper on for several hours now and it's only just now becoming flexible. (still dry!) The padding isn't settling though, which is good.

Ending thoughts, on looks specifically: I think these actually do a good job of looking like a baby diaper from years ago. They're all white, the sturdy plastic gives them just the right visual texture, the lack of front or rear elastic gives the back a smooth top and the front a flat fold-over like diapers used to tend to have, and of course there's the forced waddle.

But I'm a junkie, I'm going to pick up some of their MyDiaper Ultra to try too. I've looked a bit closer, and
- they are rated higher capacity (6000mL)
- they have front elastic (hoping for rear also, it's not shown in any pictures)
- sizing is very different from their other models - the Ultra XL rates the same waist size as the Plus L. (so I ordered XL)
- they have single large characters upper faces on the taping panel, in a mix of I think four different colors and characters

So I'm looking at these and wondering, with all of that.... are the Ultra a reprint/knockoff of ABU's PeekABU? all four of those point are a really good match with peekabu don't you think?

MyDiaper Plus first morning thoughts...

first off, the double tapes are very unique, I haven't seen any quite like these before. the clear second tape is very snug against the first, and the pull tabs both lay VERY flat against the diaper. I consider this a huge plus because my wrists rest there when I sleep and I usually get jabbed to some degree or other by my diaper tapes. Not these. The ends of the pulls AND the folds at the root both lay very flat and don't bother me at all. Also, the shell has no tape panel so the front plastic is smooth and soft, and so doesn't get the wrinkling tape panel with its hard creases and folds poking my wrists too, so this is a huge improvement over the original MyDiaper in my opinion.

I didn't have any problems with tape failures overnight. The blue firsts stayed put fine and the roots held strong. I did snug one tape in a bit overnight, and that second tape was still firmly planted by morning.

While I'd like to have seen some front or rear elastic on these, they still fit reasonably comfortably. I think I can give them a passing grade for comfort, especially considering the improvements on wrist comfort for the back-sleepers like me.

These diapers swell considerably when wet, do a good job of locking in wetness, and also firm up the shell pretty well. Some diapers swell a bit but not enough to fill the shell and it ends up looking really baggy and loose over the wet padding, but not these. Look, feel, and texture all improve as you wet. They don't really sag much either. Padding starts out very stiff when dry as mentioned in my previous post, but quickly changes to being more flexible but firm as the sap takes in the wetness. Diaper comfort normally goes down as you wet, but these actually get more comfy in several ways as you wet which is nice.

One thing that surprised me is capacity. I was expecting an improvement, both due to their claims and due to the obvious increase in sap. (original MyDiaper are 5.9oz, and these Plus are 7.3oz) But at least on this first overnight test, they have about the same capacity. The big difference is that by morning the MyDiaper Original feels really damp on the skin, and these Plus feel fairly dry. The wetness has still gotten to the same spot in the back, and both original and Plus do a good job of wicking, even out to the sides in the back. But for now I can't report any increase in capacity. But as mentioned above, there are several other areas of improvement. Both diapers rated 32 oz capacity, wet to within about 2" of the end of the padding in the back. While they don't have extreme capacity I sometimes need on the weekends, they definitely can hold me for an average night.

I happened to run into https://mydiaperdepot.com when browsing last night, that looks like a store that's trying to break into the market as a US retailer for MyDiaper. I hope they take off and start offering more of the full line so MyDiaper will be a more affordable option for us in the states. They don't show much on the front page, but click the "See Full Catalog" button, and OMG.... surprise! incredible selection! Qtty, ABU, Kiddo, Tykables, Rearz, Bambino, Northshore, and many others, plus a bunch of plastic pants, cloth, boosters, etc. Definitely worth a look. I don't see the new MyDiaper Plus or Ultra yet though, and they also don't seem to be geared for quantity (case) pricing, but are looking like a great source for buying a variety or by the bag. They have a "storefront" if you want to call it that - more of an apartment full of diapers "open by appointment only", heh. Guess everyone has to start somewhere, I hope they succeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back