Had A Talk With My Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Okay, so I talked to my family about my Baby side again. The way our relationship has developed the past few years is amazing, but there are still some things I wanted to say and to lay on the table so I could go on with peace of mind.

The first thing I did as we sit down and talk was thank them. I thanked my mother, father and sister for the way they have dealt with my baby side. I told them that I know it is not easy for them to see their 27 year old son/older brother in diapers, or baby clothes, or acting like baby sucking his thumb or paci. It takes huge amount of love, and I told them that.

My dad said that it was okay, because he know who I am in my bones and he loves every bit of me. My mother said that my baby side is the least thing about me that worries her. That she understand it's part of my being and she loves me, with or without it. My sister was non-verbal, but she gave me a thumbs up.

They made it clear that they are happy if I am happy, and if being a diaper baby makes me happy, I have their support.

I also talked about how they view me.

I told them that, despite my baby side, I am still a grown adult who can make decisions and be a competent human being. My father has always shown me that respect, even after he knew about my baby side. But my mother and sister were unintentionally patronizing.

My mom and sister apologized for making me feel that way. My dad reaffirmed his attitude that he knows I'm super intelligent and sensitive, and that he knows greatness awaits for me. My mom said she does trusts me, and that she's just motherly worried as any mother would be. It's just who she is. But that she is proud of me and that she will try to be less overprotective.

My sister does acknowledged that she is patronizing, but that's because her personality is the opposite of mine. She is a 25 year old with the soul of a 60 year old, so she kinds of minimizes my opinions sometimes. She did apologized and promise to try to give me more credit.

All in all, they said they support me in what I do. Diapers, pacifiers and all.

Quite a good talk!

Reactions: Stickerprincess
I think that great that your family is so understanding of your baby side. It also speaks volume to your character that you would have follow up conversation about this part of your life.

Napjersey said:
I think that great that your family is so understanding of your baby side. It also speaks volume to your character that you would have follow up conversation about this part of your life.

Hey, thank you! I've always been considered a brave person, by everyone. It is always nice hearing it!! And yeah, my family rocks!

Congratulations on the successful talk! I hope you will be treated as you want to be. It is often that people don't even realize they are treating us differently than we would like until we inform them. I am very, not envious, but vicariously proud of the communication and support you have with/from your family. I wish you happiness, peace, and good fortune!

Andustar said:
Congratulations on the successful talk! I hope you will be treated as you want to be. It is often that people don't even realize they are treating us differently than we would like until we inform them. I am very, not envious, but vicariously proud of the communication and support you have with/from your family. I wish you happiness, peace, and good fortune!

Thank you! I think I will be treated as I want to be! Thank you again, my family does deserve a price. They are so good!

It sounds like you've made a lot of headway, looking back to your other post. My wife was incredibly understanding that way. We knew each other like joined souls, which I think were were and still are. I often feel her close by. Anyway, you were able to see what they were thinking and how they see you. I think you are incredibly fortunate to have such a loving and understanding family. Most AB/DLs don't.

dogboy said:
It sounds like you've made a lot of headway, looking back to your other post. My wife was incredibly understanding that way. We knew each other like joined souls, which I think were were and still are. I often feel her close by. Anyway, you were able to see what they were thinking and how they see you. I think you are incredibly fortunate to have such a loving and understanding family. Most AB/DLs don't.

Hey dogboy!

Thank you. Yes, when I made the other post, I was dealing with these feeling and uncertainty. I decided that the best way to clear my head and get some peace of mind was to actually address this. So now it's all much better! And yes, my family rocks.

I think my mom has slowly inched closer towards "acceptance", but still doesn't "get it" and probably never will, for me it would be enough to not have to deal with the occasional awkwardness (sometimes it's when I'm not even wearing a diaper and I always take steps to make it as unobtrusive as possible, never being obvious or bringing it up), for some of us I guess "dont ask dont tell" is the best we can hope for; it still could be much worse though.

Both parents are long gone, but, if they're watching from the Great Beyond, I'm sure they understand.

The wife is okay with me the way I am. Isn't that all that matters?

BabyTyrant said:
I think my mom has slowly inched closer towards "acceptance", but still doesn't "get it" and probably never will, for me it would be enough to not have to deal with the occasional awkwardness (sometimes it's when I'm not even wearing a diaper and I always take steps to make it as unobtrusive as possible, never being obvious or bringing it up), for some of us I guess "dont ask dont tell" is the best we can hope for; it still could be much worse though.

I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone who isn't ABDL can quite "get it", including my parents. But in the end love is learning to embrace what makes your loved one tick, right? I know it is hard for some parents, and I am pretty much sure your mom is trying her best. Either way, do what you feel comfortable with, dude! If the "don't ask don't tell" dynamic works for you, that's okay too!

Props to you for being able to have this conversation with your family! It's awesome to hear that you are able to have an open and continuous dialogue with them about this! It sounds like you have a great support system and that things will keep improving for you with time as they learn to understand it more or just simply accept it more because it's a part of who you are. I'm really glad you are comfortable with this side of yourself and are willing to share that with those close to you. Glad to hear it went well! :)

Stickerprincess said:
Props to you for being able to have this conversation with your family! It's awesome to hear that you are able to have an open and continuous dialogue with them about this! It sounds like you have a great support system and that things will keep improving for you with time as they learn to understand it more or just simply accept it more because it's a part of who you are. I'm really glad you are comfortable with this side of yourself and are willing to share that with those close to you. Glad to hear it went well! :)

Thank you!! They've known for a long while now, so it's been quite a process. First they were okay with the idea, but slowly the were more and more open, letting me diaper up and now they let me a baby in moderation. But yes, it's never been easy to have this conversation, but I've gotten brave to touch the subject with them! And yes, they always support me, so I am very very lucky!

kik91 said:
I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone who isn't ABDL can quite "get it", including my parents. But in the end love is learning to embrace what makes your loved one tick, right? I know it is hard for some parents, and I am pretty much sure your mom is trying her best. Either way, do what you feel comfortable with, dude! If the "don't ask don't tell" dynamic works for you, that's okay too!

As a 50 year old gay man who was nearly thrown out of my adoptive home for telling my adopted mother that I had fallen in love with another man several years ago, I for one must admit I am a little jealous that you have such a wonderfully supportive family. I think it is incredibly courageous of you, and such a testimony to the dignity and hope that you truly possess, that you found it within you to discuss such a personal and intimate side of yourself with your family. Your light is truly shining, friend! My adopted mother died of cancer in 2002, after I lived with her until I was 34. Most of my life that I spent with her was abusive and incredibly traumatic for me. I only wish that I ever had the chance to be able to talk with her about my being gay, without her hating on me and threatening to make me homeless. I still have trouble forgiving her, now that it's been 16 years since her death. Fortunately, I am in a very inclusive and welcoming faith community at my church where I can be openly gay. Thank you so much for inspiring me today. After reading your post, I can rest assured that there is still beauty in this world, because there are souls like you still in it. Thanks again!

Sounds to me like you have some great family there. Be thankful.

AngelKitten said:
As a 50 year old gay man who was nearly thrown out of my adoptive home for telling my adopted mother that I had fallen in love with another man several years ago, I for one must admit I am a little jealous that you have such a wonderfully supportive family. I think it is incredibly courageous of you, and such a testimony to the dignity and hope that you truly possess, that you found it within you to discuss such a personal and intimate side of yourself with your family. Your light is truly shining, friend! My adopted mother died of cancer in 2002, after I lived with her until I was 34. Most of my life that I spent with her was abusive and incredibly traumatic for me. I only wish that I ever had the chance to be able to talk with her about my being gay, without her hating on me and threatening to make me homeless. I still have trouble forgiving her, now that it's been 16 years since her death. Fortunately, I am in a very inclusive and welcoming faith community at my church where I can be openly gay. Thank you so much for inspiring me today. After reading your post, I can rest assured that there is still beauty in this world, because there are souls like you still in it. Thanks again!

I am so glad things looked better for you in the end! I am sorry you couldn't have an ideal relationship with your mom, but sometimes people are not meant to have one, but are complimented by other things! I am glad you are uplifted by my story! Hugs!

- - - Updated - - -

ESPF said:
Sounds to me like you have some great family there. Be thankful.

I am thankful! Everyday :)

That's awesome that you have a very supportive family! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back