Play Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Just wondering if anyone has ever bought any kind of play yard for themselves or their little. I have always wanted a playpen but obviously they don't make one that will actually be high enough to contain someone of my height (I'm 5' 9"). But while sitting 2 feet high will at least make you feel somewhat confined. I would love to have something made that is maybe 4 feet high so that I can't just step out of it, but it would still have to be able to be taken down and stored. A far off dream . . . . lol. But for now I was looking into getting 2 sets of this that I can interconnect. Has anyone done this and what are your feelings on it?

123.jpg

My play yard has no fenced in sides, it consists of 33 acres of land to romp around in just my diapers when the weather is warm enough.

I think it's more the feeling of having a confined safe space to play. Spreading out your toys in your area and having fun. I think it's the same reason that some people want cribs. They like the childish feeling of being confined for their safety.

I bought 8 panels of these last month for my Full size bed. Not quiet a "Crib" and Not exactly a "play pen" but... :)

Do you like it? Are the sides high enough to have a somewhat confined safe feeling? Is it worth getting?

I did a little digging and the side panels are listed as being 23.5 inches tall, which is roughly two feet tall. Which doesn't feel like it's very tall at all. O_O

LittleAndrea said:
Do you like it? Are the sides high enough to have a somewhat confined safe feeling? Is it worth getting?

My bed's pritty low to the ground so it only leaves me about 10 12 inches of "side taking" but it dose work for now.
I keep thinking I should come up with a way to rase them though.

If I knew how to attach photos around here I'd post some for you... I'll figure it out sooner or latter

DSCF4055.jpg
Haaaa! I knew I'd find it if I just looked. :)
It doesn't quite go COMPLETELY ALL the way around (There's a small gap at the foot of the bed)DSCF4052.jpg

Last edited:
ESPF said:
View attachment 31008
Haaaa! I knew I'd find it if I just looked. :)
It doesn't quite go COMPLETELY ALL the way around (There's a small gap at the foot of the bed)View attachment 31009

Don't look now, but I think there is a strange bird on your ceiling. O_O (First picture, at the top. *giggles*)

I like your fairy on the wall, too.

When things are settled here, I want to re-do my main bedroom with a bumblebee garden theme (even though it won't mesh with at least half of my bedding) and I thought it might be adorable to take some picket fence and make a 'crib' with it. With a gate that would swing open like an actual garden gate.

You've got that same vibe going on with the play yard fence.

That looks really cute, makes it kind of look like a toddler bed. My bed is really high off the ground (when I sit on it my feet dangle and I'm pretty tall) so if I did that it would even come up to the mattress, probably to the bottom of the box spring. I have a Disney princess/Hello Kitty bedroom. It's painted pink with brown and white accents, sort of looks like a carton of Neapolitan ice cream. :giggles:
I really think I am going to get it for myself, now I just need to find something gushy for a mat. The foam mats that they sell look ok but I think I would like something that is at least 2 or 3 inches thick.
Maybe a futon mattress??? :scratchchin: We shall see.

When I reconstitute my "Adult Toddler" Space in my new bedroom at the new place I am moving to in less than 48 hours, I will decorate it in a PAW PATROL motif.
I need a new Paw Patrol blankie, and Paw Patrol bedsheets and pillowcases, and some other Paw Patrol themed items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back