Thoughts on Crinklz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some Crinklz a few weeks ago. This was my first venture into printed diapers, fun! The fit and durability are outstanding. I will definitely be ordering again, hopefully trying out those new prints.

I ordered some back in March. While I'm wearing one right now, they're not going to go down as one of my favorites. The absorbency's good, yes, and you can't beat the price, but... they just don't hit the right buttons for me. I'm hoping to order a pack of cloth-backed Preschools in the near future. I tried a sample and they just have the more authentic ''baby'' aesthetic to me.

I've got one on right now and it's almost too cute to actually have to use. XD (So I'm going to save one of each print just to have them to look at. :3)

Maybe it's because I was around before the cloth-backed came out, but they send me right into the little space when I look at 'em.

I just ordered a case of the new Aqua's, I've worn crinklz before but I think I had the "older" generation so I'm legitimately excited to see how these do, I do wish crinklz had the front tape panel like other diapers for re-adjustments, rather than the double tapes, but one cant complain to much when you get a case of diapers for $89.00

pampers4U said:
I just ordered a case of the new Aqua's, I've worn crinklz before but I think I had the "older" generation so I'm legitimately excited to see how these do, I do wish crinklz had the front tape panel like other diapers for re-adjustments, rather than the double tapes, but one cant complain to much when you get a case of diapers for $89.00

Unfortunately a tape landing zone wouldn't help with Crinklz. The lower tapes will be far below the landing zone, and the top tapes would probably be partly or completely above the zone as well.

Much like with the new PeekABU's. Their lower tape is now completwly below the landing zone. And once you stick that tape to the shell there is no way to reposition it without destroying the shell. Second chance tapes at least give you a second chance.

Slomo said:
Unfortunately a tape landing zone wouldn't help with Crinklz. The lower tapes will be far below the landing zone, and the top tapes would probably be partly or completely above the zone as well.

Much like with the new PeekABU's. Their lower tape is now completwly below the landing zone. And once you stick that tape to the shell there is no way to reposition it without destroying the shell. Second chance tapes at least give you a second chance.

Thank you, I've been wearing the simple ultra larges, my bottom tapes land perfectly on bottom of the landing zone, top tapes on the top part of the zone also. I do tend to wear larger diapers though, I like my tapes in the front, not on the sides, although most diapers are designed intentionally to have the tapes more on the wing then the front, it allows for great expansion, like a inner pouch or pillow.

pampers4U said:
Thank you, I've been wearing the simple ultra larges, my bottom tapes land perfectly on bottom of the landing zone, top tapes on the top part of the zone also. I do tend to wear larger diapers though, I like my tapes in the front, not on the sides, although most diapers are designed intentionally to have the tapes more on the wing then the front, it allows for great expansion, like a inner pouch or pillow.

Fyi, I added to the diaper reviews for peekabu. One picture I uploaded shows the tapes of peekabu in comparison to confidry. Take a look at that pic and you'll be able to better see why a landing zone wouldn't work with Crinklz.

update on this i was looking at them and she said you should try them that she did not mind i had brought up diapers in my past and showed her some the diapers that i have wore so the short story here is i got a pack of them headed this way with the rest of my order by the way i also found and bought a p&g attends diaper can not wait for it to get here

I've been super impressed with the Rearz Inspires that I have been wearing and that's why I've ordered several cases of them. I've been reading a lot about the Crinklz/Betterdry line and have been impressed with the reviews. I had planned on buying some after I got low on my inventory of my Rearz. Then Northshore began carrying them, and lately even put them on sale. I decided to order a pack to give them a try. My plan was to buy the Betterdry which are all white and I didn't need to spend the extra $$ for the print, altho it was cute. Anyway, the sale was for the printed ones and they just came out with two new prints. I opted for the Aquanaut line. They just came and couldn't wait to try them. I love the look and really love the way they fit. I think two words sum them up, 'soak and swell'. They really do a great job of absorbing the fluid and really swell up, which I love. I'm super impressed and when I get low on my Inspires I'll certainly be ordering more of the Crinklz.

I received my case yesterday and out a new aqua on last night. Wow is all I can say, just wow. A warning to the other "Big 4 brands" (ABU, Tykables, Bambino, Rearz) watch out, an underdog is coming through the ranks.
These diapers are right there, the plastic is super soft, almost feels like it can tear easily, but it wont; they are thick, and only get thicker as they get wetter, great leak guards, the double tapes are very strong (but still wish for a plastic landing strip...sorry slomo) The prints are fun, swimming animals and the price...Best bang for you buck (for those on a budget)
Sizing - the difference between mediums and larges is quite big. I feel like a broken record when I say this, but I'm 6ft 1" I have a 34 / 35" waist and very proportional (no belly, no large butt) I do fit mediums well but the length of the cut comes up a little to short for me, top front of the diaper sits about 2" bellow my belly button and the top rear of the diaper waist band just covers about 1" above the start of my butt. The larges are long and wide, so be prepared for some unique taping (this is were I wish these had a landing strip for the tapes) But all in all, these are a great diaper for the heavy incontinence person or someone who loves printed diapers.

pampers4U said:
I received my case yesterday and out a new aqua on last night. Wow is all I can say, just wow. A warning to the other "Big 4 brands" (ABU, Tykables, Bambino, Rearz) watch out, an underdog is coming through the ranks.

They're a great option for sure! It would be nice to see some of the other companies consider higher resolution prints. It used to be that Crinlz was the only option for sharp graphics on the shell, and now there are three, still by the same one company. And it's not just high-resolution, it's good looking too. I can't imagine it really costing that much to use a better printed shell. Sure you have to pay a decent artist to get the art in the first place, but overall it seems like a good return on investment?

That being said, I think ABU's Little Paws can qualify for "high quality shell art" too. I'd have to prefer the aqua/astro thiough simply because the art is spread out more and still gives that "white diaper" look with the nice shell art. While the paws look great, they've got so much going on / densely packed / color fills / etc that it doesn't have that classic "white diaper" look I like seeing. Not saying I think they should change, just pointing out the difference - I still love my paws!

Another thing to mention is that it seems that Northshore is learning to stock appropriate amounts. Other than the 50% off fiasco, they've adjusted to demand, and have always been in stock. Northshore has a huge warehouse to meet these demands as well, compared to the rest. It's these stock issues which hamper ABU and Tykables and actually damage the business. Sure ABU has way more options, but, you usually don't really have a choice when something is always out of stock.

While I preferred the taping panel, I actually began to realize that the zone doesn't really allow a custom fit typically when it comes to the bottom tapes. With Crinklz, I'm able to get a snug for around my legs. Because of that you don't get that loose feeling and I'm usually able to use Crinklz more thoroughly.

The leak guards are much taller than ABU, and actually creates a better pocket. This with the narrower crotch I think provides better protection.

It also seems that the plastic is much more comfortable to wear, ABU's taping panel is also to blame, it seems to dig in to my skin.

I think the only thing that Crinklz can really improve on would be the tapes. The tapes aren't bad, but they're not great either. It's not a consistent problem. Even ABU's tapes aren't perfect either, because they pop from the back leaving the tapes rather useless once that happens. At least when the tapes come off, there's backup of some kind with Crinklz. I haven't experienced the tapes popping completely off with them. I just think that their tapes can be improved to stick better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back