Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmartin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Is there anyone else besides myself that would like ABU to make a single tape all white diaper similar to the Kiddos?

Not for me, 2 tapes on each side is so much better.

I agree that for some 2 tapes on each side is better. For me however, the single tape actually fits me better than any other diaper. It would be nice to have an option that is not a baby print.

I'd buy those in a heartbeat. Single tapes fit me better and in my baby mind, it's closer to what actual baby diapers have so my brain wants that.

I'm with you on this request. As a big baby, I must admit I do like my cartoony prints and because I am between sizes the single tape ABU diapers not only add to the babyish look/mindset, but they fit me perfectly as well, I think it's because they are cut a bit smaller than the 4-tape brands. As little as I feel in their current single-tape brands, sometimes even I don't think there is anything more babyish or that screams diaper more than a bulky, thick, all-white diaper.

If ABU made an all-white diaper, single tape (one on each side) design, I would totally snag a case. For the time being, I guess the closest thing they have are the SDK's, the prints on those are limited to the landing zone and I don't think they're an overly babyish design, so if you're looking for something to scratch your current itch, you could try those... that is, if you haven't already.

So yeah, ABU if you're reading this thread and you think there might be a market for something like that, just know that I'd be down to order some :)

Cuddlz diapers are single tape. They've got good features all around too, the only problem is they are based in europe and have no US outlet. They've just released two new models of their diaper, one has an all-white shell. (I have some on order!) AFAIK they are the only all-white single tape diapers available.

hmm I need to check on that, I was just looking for a link for you and it appears they have changed to double tapes?

Cuddlz all white diaper has two tapes on each side...so, no go. I would really love to hear from someone at ABU as to whether or not this is even a possibility.

Yeah I looked again and it appears they have a "revision 2" now, that is double tapes, and all their new diapers (with more absorbency apparently) are using them.

So it looks like there are currently NO single tape all-white diapers available from anyone.

I have only had two-taped abdl diapers, so I'd definitely be willing to buy a pack of single taped ABU ones to try them if they came out, as they're currently my favourite brand.

EDIT: I've just looked at the ABU website, and it seems like I was really confused, and kiddos are actually made by ABU (I vaguely thought that they were some other brand). I'll be sure to give them a try some time, as it seems like people have mainly positive things to say about them.

jaredmartin said:
Is there anyone else besides myself that would like ABU to make a single tape all white diaper similar to the Kiddos?

Yep I would love this too.

Mind you I am dying for them to make a pastel pink Huggies for Her homage single tape per side same as the Kiddos.

I also think they should upgrade their Cushies, Lavender and probably SDKs to have the Kiddos front elastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Teriyaki said:
I have only had two-taped abdl diapers, so I'd definitely be willing to buy a pack of single taped ABU ones to try them if they came out, as they're currently my favourite brand.

EDIT: I've just looked at the ABU website, and it seems like I was really confused, and kiddos are actually made by ABU (I vaguely thought that they were some other brand). I'll be sure to give them a try some time, as it seems like people have mainly positive things to say about them.

ABU already had their fabulous 1 tape per side SDKs, Cushies and Lavender and then brought the previously independent Kiddos into their range.

I too would love ABU to make a single tape per side all white diaper.

Rearz were making the Inspire Select for a while, which was a single tape all-white diaper. I love them and still have a few in my cupboard. I believe they have said they are going to bring them back with better plastic. I really hope they do.

Teriyaki said:

ABU was afaik the first store to sell single tape ABDL diapers with their original Cushies years ago. They recently acquired barebum and kiddo brands, so now ABU produces and sells Kiddo. They're pretty nice, I like them. They're much better than the less expensive cushies and sdk's, but of course they cost more. They also have front elastic and a more elastic shell so they're more comfortable in addition to being higher capacity.

Kiddo and (original) Cuddlz may be the same base model with different shell art. Definitely the two best single tape diapers available right now.

I like this idea as well as I have been more into all white diapers these days. Maybe if ABU made their simple diaper a single tape diaper since they will soon have the simple ultra (with two tapes per side)?

eh, single tapes are nice for a bit to play around in, but unfortunately it's really risky for me to use them for any kind of length of time. The second tape really helps hold everything in, >__>

Maux said:
eh, single tapes are nice for a bit to play around in, but unfortunately it's really risky for me to use them for any kind of length of time. The second tape really helps hold everything in, >__>

Seconded. The single tape may look nice and bring back memories, but they really fail when it comes to usability and reliability for adults. Two extremely important things in a diaper.

Slomo said:
Seconded. The single tape may look nice and bring back memories, but they really fail when it comes to usability and reliability for adults. Two extremely important things in a diaper.

I wouldn't say that. I think they are more likely to have problems on different bodies than diapers with more tapes. I was skeptical of how Cushies would work and didn't really care about 2 tapes vs. 4 or 6. As it happens, they fit me really well, as good or better than diapers with more tapes. I have other friends for whom this is the case and I know people they don't work for. The v2 Cushies/SDKs don't fit me quite as well as the v1s. ABU indicated they moved the tapes a bit, which I presume to be the problem in my case.

Trevor said:
I wouldn't say that. I think they are more likely to have problems on different bodies than diapers with more tapes. I was skeptical of how Cushies would work and didn't really care about 2 tapes vs. 4 or 6. As it happens, they fit me really well, as good or better than diapers with more tapes. I have other friends for whom this is the case and I know people they don't work for. The v2 Cushies/SDKs don't fit me quite as well as the v1s. ABU indicated they moved the tapes a bit, which I presume to be the problem in my case.

To the best of my knowledge, the tapes were not moved. Only revised to use their "tape lock" technology. Basically, 3M started delivering crappy tapes for their diapers. So they went to a new supplier and called it improved. Really they just work as good as they used to, no true improvements- let alone repositioning the tapes lower like they've need to all along.

I could be wrong though. If the tapes are finally positioned better, I'd be interested in trying them again. Where are you seeing that announcement?

Slomo said:
To the best of my knowledge, the tapes were not moved. Only revised to use their "tape lock" technology. Basically, 3M started delivering crappy tapes for their diapers. So they went to a new supplier and called it improved. Really they just work as good as they used to, no true improvements- let alone repositioning the tapes lower like they've need to all along.

I could be wrong though. If the tapes are finally positioned better, I'd be interested in trying them again. Where are you seeing that announcement?

I believe it was on Reddit and it came from Casey at ABU in response to a direct question. This was prior to the shift to Tape Lock. I did a search but it's not coming up, which isn't surprising given the lack of obvious relevant terms. According to them (if I remember correctly), they were only moved a little but it's either that or the increased thickness of the v2s that makes for not quite as good a fit. They're adequate now but they were excellent before for me.

All I know is that for me personally, I have never had a diaper fit as well as the kiddos and I have tried a lot of diapers over the years. Just need one without the baby print. I have to believe that there are a good number of us that would agree.

I'm guessing it would be relatively easy for ABU to create an all-white version of their single tape diapers by just swapping the tape panel on the SDKs. However, it would be largely up to whether or not a market exists for them. For me personally, I enjoy the single tape diapers, but I use them as play diapers and wouldn't be interested in an unprinted product for that purpose. I don't know how many people use the single tapes for regular wear, but if there is a sufficient market for that I could potentially see an unprinted version sold at a lower price point being successful. ABU seems to have a challenging time keeping many of their products in stock so I'm not sure adding more would be a good idea right now, but if they resolve that issue perhaps a trial of an all-white single tape diaper could be something they look into in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back