Cloth Diaper tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For those who wear cloth diapers like the ones babies use with the waterproof liner (don't know the exact name for them haha), what type of tabs do you prefer, velcro or snaps? About to buy one from Aliexpress and both seem nice.

Jacorn221 said:
For those who wear cloth diapers like the ones babies use with the waterproof liner (don't know the exact name for them haha), what type of tabs do you prefer, velcro or snaps? About to buy one from Aliexpress and both seem nice.

I assume you are reffering to actual cloth diapers (not to be confused with cloth like disposables). The waterproofed "liner" is also called a diaper cover.

Not sure what you're talking about for velcro or snaps though. Cloth diapers don't have those. I use good old fashioned diaper pins. They hold much more secure and tighter than anything else.

Slomo said:
I assume you are reffering to actual cloth diapers (not to be confused with cloth like disposables). The waterproofed "liner" is also called a diaper cover.

Not sure what you're talking about for velcro or snaps though. Cloth diapers don't have those. I use good old fashioned diaper pins. They hold much more secure and tighter than anything else.

Yeah it might be the waterproof liner. I found these on AliExpress and liked the concept.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...lgo_pvid=b82e2107-b333-4256-a6dc-7e5e3b107e35
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...lgo_pvid=b82e2107-b333-4256-a6dc-7e5e3b107e35

Guessing you mean AIO cloth diapers. AIO or all in one cloth diapers have a layer of PUL (waterproof layer) built in. I tried making myself some when I became incontinent but they ended up being to much of a pain for me with my problem. I did use the Velcro closures and after a couple of washes they were comfortable and worked great. They give you more of a form fitting diaper as the snaps are placed at intervals that could make it too tight and pop open or a little loose which let it sag a bit.

Just beware that these hold nothing close to disposable diapers. You may want to look in to buying extra layers to stuff them with.

Fuubuu, Nice Diaper, and Yunyun brands are the same. Their Velcro is horrible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jacorn221 said:

Oh, that's a pad and pant diaper, also called a pocket diaper. It is mostly just a waterproof outer shell with a pocket for adding in a disposable or reusable pad.

They are just mislabeled on that site, and are not cloth diapers.

I use cloth contour daytime and prefolds super heavy weight night diapers, I have come to accept Velcro as my friend because I would not be able to use regular diaper pins , with Velcro you can get a great fit that can be readjusted if necessary on the fly , during the day I wear high waist Gary pants at night or well traveling I wear high waisted bloomers to avoid pressure injury followed by either a tri zip body stocking or polo onesie , you are much better off buying seperate diaper and pants , and buying from someplace like kins or Angelfluff my diapers have seen daily use for 10 years , you will pay more for an actual adult cloth diaper and pants from a company but they eill serve uou better and longer than the stuff your considering.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back