Why are Goodnites a popular choice among many first timer DL's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it was several reasons, most of which have already been mentioned. One aspect that made it worthwhile to me was it was the only diaper I could get that would fit me and the cashier wouldn't automartically assume that they were for ME... This was before the days of easy mail-order access. In addition, it was the only diaper that I could get that fit me AND looked like a child's diaper somewhat, due to the marketing, the packaging and the print. Despite their relatively low capacity and performance, they were just the only "little appropriate" diapers that I could actually wear without having to jury-rig.

For me personally, the availability, the feel, and the designs of Goodnites are what appealed to me. I distinctly remember being in Pull-Ups during my potty training years. I was never a bedwetter though. Since I could not fit into Pull-Ups, I had to use Goodnites instead. On that note, ABDL diapers never really appeal to me, which is another reason why I stick with Goodnites.

Aquasailor said:
For me personally, the availability, the feel, and the designs of Goodnites are what appealed to me. I distinctly remember being in Pull-Ups during my potty training years. I was never a bedwetter though. Since I could not fit into Pull-Ups, I had to use Goodnites instead. On that note, ABDL diapers never really appeal to me, which is another reason why I stick with Goodnites.

I agree. Occasionally I'll buy a sample pack of ABDL diapers, but because of their bulkyness, I like how Goodnites are discrete, both on me, and in the trash. :)

BritneyShagwell said:
For me, it was several reasons, most of which have already been mentioned. One aspect that made it worthwhile to me was it was the only diaper I could get that would fit me and the cashier wouldn't automartically assume that they were for ME... This was before the days of easy mail-order access.

Exactly! A lot of us start by buying in public, and there's a lot of plausible deniability for an adult or older teen buying diapers specifically made and marketed for elementary and middle school age kids.

"I'm busing them for my brother/sister/niece/nephew" is an easy cover story if anyone asks. It's the reason I started with GoodNites. Same goes for buying diapers marketed for the other gender.

Also, the current and previous generation of L/XL GoodNites and some of the store-brands made by Kimberly Clark are elastic enough for a lot of adults.

I wish I could fit into them!
I think it's the discrete availability of them. You can shop at the supermarket and simply add them to your trolley, and there's nothing suspicious about it, and nobody thinks twice. A bit different from entering a pharmacy, and buying a package of adult diapers that are more than likely definitely for yourself. The Goodnites could be for any family member from your own kids to your siblings.

For me, its a mix of many of the reasons people have said, but one thing, I'm still wearing them today, I have a waist of around 40", I don't have to stretch them or anything, they never ever ripped on me, the fit is relaxed, snug but ok, and they work ok for my needs, I mainly always cover them with a cheap adult diaper for bulkiness and comfort, and that catches leaks when they happen, but I'll say 99% of the time they don't leak on me, maybe I'm careful while wetting, but I rarely leak out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back