Trucks :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
When I worked roadside assistance, I'll never forget the special relationship that developed between me and my F-350.

The time is coming soon where I'm going to be able to adopt an engine baby of my own, and I'd like your input.

a) What was the best truck purchase you ever made? What's a good make or model? Is diesel better? What warranties are better? What's a bigger gas hog?
b) For those not answering from the US, what kind of trucks do you guys have?
c) Do you have a name for your truck? (My boy's name was Tyrant)
d) Any regretful purchases?

I've been looking for an F 350 or 250 for over a year now. I've herd good and bad about the 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7 diesels. Last yr I test drove a 2010 w a 6.4 and a 2012 w a 6.7. That pretty much took care of settling for a 6.4 l. The 6.7 is far more powerful.

Reliability is another issue. I do know that if something goes wrong they're big money to fix.

Diesels used to be cheaper to maintain than gas, but not anymore. If you don't need the towing ability, gas might be the better option. If you don't need a heavy duty and want reliability, the Toyota Tundra is hard to beat. I've had two and they're pretty much bulletproof. The capacity is actually somewhere between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton, so they can handle heavy work. Being an older design, they're also cheaper than Ford and GM.

Depends on exactly what you're doing. I've always found if you're not going to be hauling extreme heavy loads there's just really no need for a diesel and as far as gas burners go you can't really beat the Toyota Tacoma. But as far as diesels go anything with a Cummins. Basicly dodge. They have the highest torque they have the most efficient engine they have the best Turbo. There is one thing that everyone says about diesel trucks that I'm going to tell you it's not true, a modern diesel engine will not run after a nuclear explosion or an EMP, I hear diesel guys bragging about this a lot well it's true the basic diesel engine can most modern engines and when I say modern I mean mid-nineties and up are heavily reliant on computers if the computer goes down all engine functions cease.

I had an 88 F150 and now a 2017 freightshaker cassie.

The F150 I called Knat (because it was a 2wd pickup version of my 91 Bronco named Tank) l.

The freightliner has a few names.

1. Cassie. 2. Retarded cunt. 3. Fucking bitch 4. Cass 5. Overly complex death trap from hell. **

**: Cass pisses me off on a regular basis. She is a twat but she can haul some weight and has never let me down. When you spend 24/7 in a truck for months on end you develop a bond and a personality for the vehicle.

I've always been impressed with toyota's rigs, I'm mine past 34000 miles at the moment, the only issue I noticed, was that the frame was rusting out a bit, welded some sheet metal, over about 40% of it and put in new shocks.

I've got a Black '14 Ram 1500. His name is Warren because he was built in Warren, Mi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford pickups have been nothing but headaches for me. They beak too easily and just don't last. I've now got a 2009 chevy silverado 2500. It is a V8 flex fuel, and a full 1 ton. I've periodically used it for some pretty heavy hauling, and other than expected maintenance it has never needed major repairs once in these last 7 years!

Of course it's also a bit of a gas hog. When hauling I only get 7-8 mpg. When not loaded it only jumps up to just 10-12mpg. But what do you expect for a tank.

Forget the extended warranties. They always make the dealer more money than you save too. And I don't name cars or trucks. It's always just seemed silly to me.

Slomo said:
Ford pickups have been nothing but headaches for me. They beak too easily and just don't last. I've now got a 2009 chevy silverado 2500. It is a V8 flex fuel, and a full 1 ton. I've periodically used it for some pretty heavy hauling, and other than expected maintenance it has never needed major repairs once in these last 7 years!

Of course it's also a bit of a gas hog. When hauling I only get 7-8 mpg. When not loaded it only jumps up to just 10-12mpg. But what do you expect for a tank.

Forget the extended warranties. They always make the dealer more money than you save too. And I don't name cars or trucks. It's always just seemed silly to me.

Not to nit pick or anything but a 2500HD Is a 3/4 ton truck, the 3500 is the 1 ton. Once again not trying to be a dick it just bothers the crap out of me.

It's funny how diffrent people see vehicles. While I've never had a Chevy or GMC last longer than a year without a bad transmission, or a spun main bearing, a lot of people swear they have no issues with them. Where as I've never had a ford die on me and never leave me stranded. They have always been extremely reliable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back