Cottontail
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• I'm passing around hot cocoa today. Here, have a mug to warm you up! ☕
    • Love
    Reactions: chickpea, PaigeCherubiel, Cottontail and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    *sip* Aww, thanks--with rum even! Yes, feeling very warm now. Not sure Mommy would approve, but I guess she doesn't have to know. :)
    • Love
    • Haha
    Reactions: chickpea, PaigeCherubiel, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    Have I ever told you that according to your page, you joined ADISC the day before my eighth birthday? I just thought that was interesting :)
    Reactions: KBoy, BobbiSueEllen, BBBen and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Thank you, and no worries! January 17 is thick with celebrity birthdays too: Jim Carrey, Benjamin Franklin, Betty White... (Maybe that's why I'm silly, inventive, and... on track to be really old? Well, here's hoping!) And Michelle Obama, Al Capone, Muhammad Ali... (I've never been in politics or organized crime, and I haven't punched anybody in the face before, but I guess there's a first time for everything.)
    • Haha
    Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, PrettyLilPrincess and 1 other person
    BobbiSueEllen
    BobbiSueEllen
    Did someone say "birthday"??? *hides the paddle behind some balloons* 🤭🥳
    • Haha
    Reactions: BBBen, KBoy and Cottontail
    PrettyLilPrincess
    PrettyLilPrincess
    I've always been pretty proud of my birthday myself. July 30th - I'm a Leo and my birthstone is a ruby!
    Reactions: BBBen, KBoy, Cottontail and 1 other person
    Day two of being snowed in, and with how things are looking, tomorrow will be day three. This is when working from home is a bit of a bummer. Everybody else is enjoying a day off, but a certain bunny is still working. Well, almost. ;)
    • Wow
    Reactions: KBoy, BBBen, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    BBBen
    BBBen
    had one day off - not "sewed" in 😁 but was iced in. Today i had a try with driving and what should i say : Yes 😇
    Stay save keep calm 🫠🦖🧸🙋
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KBoy, Cottontail and 1 other person
    PrettyLilPrincess
    PrettyLilPrincess
    Aww, sorry to hear! I live in the south, so we get little to no snow.
    • Wow
    Reactions: BBBen, Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    @PrettyLilPrincess The roads were clear enough this morning that I was able to get everybody else out of the house, heh. My "cabin fever" is subsiding. :) I'm not actually a total curmudgeon when it comes to snow, but a little goes a long way. We usually get a couple of snow days each year. Hopefully these were them!
    Reactions: BBBen, BobbiSueEllen and PrettyLilPrincess
    🍼 there is a bottle for you Cottontail. Your art is very cool. Sometimes working realy feels like that. 🧸🦖🙋
    • Love
    Reactions: Cottontail, StarryNight, mistykitty and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Wow, I’m blind. Didn’t see this until just now. Anyway, yeah, that was the idea! I haven’t been all that little these last few days, so its completion was timely. Better luck tomorrow, hopefully! (Nothing bad’s happening. Work’s just been really…worky!)
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BBBen
    I got a late Christmas present today: A new wood-splitting wedge and an enormous manly sledgehammer! I felt like Thor when I picked it up! (My little side ran and hid.) It only took me a few minutes to make about a hundred pounds of fire logs. I can't believe I ever did this with an axe. I feel dumb now.
    • Haha
    • Wow
    Reactions: KBoy, BBBen, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
    BobbiSueEllen
    BobbiSueEllen
    You felt like Thor when you picked it up; I bet you felt Thtiff when ya put it back down. 🤣🤭

And due to permanent back damage, I can't swing an axe or a sledge anymore. :cry:
    • Sad
    Reactions: Cottontail, KBoy, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
    BBBen
    BBBen
    Thors hammer 🤗 . And in my brain it makes: Thunder, na na na na nananans , thunder 🎶🎵
    And second: I hope that isnt Paul Watzlawiks hammer 🙈
    And third: timberjack Cottontail - the new serie on amazon prime 🥰

Hope you dont have sore muscles today @Cottontail
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Cottontail, KBoy and 1 other person
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    @BobbiSueEllen @BBBen Tho far, the thtiffneth hathn’t thet in. (Letting go of my tongue before I’m accused of breaking the English language rule.) As for Watzlawick, he can keep his damned hammer, ha ha. Anyway, it’s too small.
    • Love
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BBBen
    Good morning @Cottontail 🦖🧸
    I wish you a warm and cozy start in weekend 🤗🙋
    • Love
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PaigeCherubiel, StarryNight and 1 other person
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Good morning to you! I’ve still got a couple hours of yesterday left, but I’m about to waste them by going to sleep. :) Hoping for an uneventful Friday and a lazy weekend!
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PaigeCherubiel and BBBen
    Thank you very much for your kindness, ADISC has been really good for me going through this with my wife.
    I read your posts and I agree with you on many things
    If someone were to say @Cottontail was a sweet little bunny I would agree with that as well.
    Thanks@Cottontail😻
    • Love
    Reactions: BBBen, Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Aw, gosh, any time. I'm so sorry you're both being tested this way. I have several breast cancer survivors in my IRL family and look forward to having one in my extended ADISC family as well. Better times lie ahead, I think. (But as always, I do wish they'd hurry up!)
    • Love
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KBoy and PaigeCherubiel
    KBoy
    KBoy
    It's not going to be as easy as liking a Cottontail post, but we will get it through it. Christmas is coming and she has many people in her life who love her, I'm the challenging one.
    Thanks for the kindness and good will
    • Love
    Reactions: BBBen, Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
    Just dropped a small piece of a project I was working on and ended up crawling all over the floor of my home office looking for it. I guess I don't crawl often enough, because doing so with a rather full diaper felt strange and new. It also made me wish these floors had carpet! Cottontail's fur-knees have some built in. My human, not so much.
    Reactions: KBoy, Sealander, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    LittleAndAlone
    LittleAndAlone
    It's satisfying though when you have a stencil, solder paste, and hot air and watch every thing self align perfectly.
    Reactions: KBoy, PaigeCherubiel, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    Labrador
    Labrador
    Carpet would be nice on the knees, but in a hardwood floor things that drop can be located—if with some difficulty.
    In carpet? It’s gone.
    Reactions: Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    @Labrador Very true. If not for the hardness of the floor, I wouldn't get to pick them out of my heels long after they were missed. :) Fortunately these diminutive components are usually pretty inexpensive, so buying with this sort of "attrition" in mind isn't unreasonable.
    Reactions: Labrador and BobbiSueEllen
    Had a great lunch with @Labrador this afternoon as he passed through en route to a vacation destination. It’s always so fun meeting forum-friends IRL. Safe travels, and may the drizzly forecast be a lie!
    Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, BobbiSueEllen and Labrador
    PrettyLilPrincess
    PrettyLilPrincess
    Glad you two had a great time!! I'm currently taking it easy at home today because I got my covid booster yesterday. It's almost like a hangover. I'm definitely starting to feel better though!
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
    Labrador
    Labrador
    Glad you’re feeling better. Covid boosters can be a bit intense. Not as bad as tetanus boosters though. Fatigue so bad I didn’t want to move!
    Reactions: PrettyLilPrincess and Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    @PrettyLilPrincess, ugh, I know exactly what you mean. First one of those I got had zero affect on me so I figured they'd all be that way. Nope. The second and subsequent ones have hit me hard. I'm glad it's letting up though. I hope you're mostly/all better by tomorrow!
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Labrador and PrettyLilPrincess
    Happy Thanksgiving, ADISC! Safe travels if you're traveling. If you're not, then safe cooking! Remember: 165F minimum internal temperature!
    • Love
    Reactions: Woncrinklz, cuteingly, KBoy and 4 others
    BobbiSueEllen
    BobbiSueEllen
    Ditto. The boid's cavity (a.k.a. "grotto") has been violated enough. 🫢:sick:
    Reactions: Woncrinklz, KBoy, Cottontail and 1 other person
    PaigeCherubiel
    PaigeCherubiel
    "Dressing" cooked separately is fine. "Stuffing" cooked inside the bird lengthens the cooking time and can spread nasties like salmonella. By the time the show ended, "Stuffing is evil" had become a running gag on Good Eats. :geek:
    Reactions: Woncrinklz, KBoy, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    KBoy
    KBoy
    Happy Thanksgiving Cottontail 🦃😸
    • Love
    Reactions: Woncrinklz, Cottontail, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
    Trip concluded! Flying home from Mesa, AZ this afternoon and sooooooooo looking forward to my own bed. And my keyboard. (I suck at ADISC-ing with my phone.)
    • Love
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, unnamed, KBoy and 6 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Thank you! It went… about as well as a combination vacation + funeral can go, heh. *sigh* (I actually didn’t know the deceased well, and was there mainly to support the family.)
    • Wow
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
    D
    Deleted member 4836
    thought business meant job stuff. hope you being there helped.
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    "Business"... of the complicated "family" persuasion! It was my father-in-law's funeral. He was estranged from a couple of his children, including my wife. I'm glad we were there though. Not going would only have deepened other divides and led to regret.
    • Sad
    Hiya! How's things for you? I know it might be a little odd still since you're down once kid at college.
    • Thinking
    Reactions: KBoy, Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Yeah, there's something unsettling about computers and operating systems that are too complicated for any single human to understand, but that's where we've been for the last 35-ish years.
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Best of luck with the web development! I've done a bit of that on a need basis over the years, but my web skills are mostly stuck in the mid 90s, back when NCSA Mosaic ruled, the <flash> tag was (unfortunately) supported, and everything was "under construction." :rolleyes:
    unnamed
    unnamed
    Since html5 and the rise of single page applications (everything is Javascript including the html), web development is a very different place that's for sure.
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
    Goodnite! Hope your throat isn't caked in an inch thick layer of Halloween tomorrow!
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    LOL. Same to you! Alas, where I live, trick-or-treating isn't really a thing. I try to survive on childhood memories of limping home at midnight with a pillowcase full of candy bars. :) We did have a nice Halloween dinner and we watched our favorite old Halloween TV specials. The Great Pumpkin never gets old!
    Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
    MiddleJacob
    MiddleJacob
    My appetite has been abnormally high taday. I ate like half a bag of SunChips and half a bag of AirHeads. And no, I'm not back on "dope" again!
    Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
    Good night 😴
    Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, drummer1, babybenji and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Sleep tight! Don’t let the small bed-dwelling parasitic arthropods deplete your blood supply! Err, um… bite. I’m just joking anyway; there are no such creatures… Right? *shudder* (In all seriousness: Nigh-nigh. :))
    • Haha
    Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, babybenji, MiddleJacob and 2 others
    drummer1
    drummer1
    good nite diaper baby
    Reactions: Cottontail and PaigeCherubiel
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    @drummer1 That's diaper bunny to you, diaper face! And what are you going to bed for? It's only noon! ;)
    Hi Cottontail, Hope you are having a hoppy day baby. It is a surreal experience being here, but WOW, I am really liking the vibe. Who knew?
    • Love
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, chickpea, babybenji and 2 others
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    I get it! I felt really awkward when I joined. I didn’t know what I wanted or what to expect. It’s really helped me though, being able to talk to others who understand. I’m glad you’re finding the same. :)
    • Love
    Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, drummer1, chickpea and 2 others
    G , impulsivity makes me want to get cute pins, specially old school babyish lol 👶🧜‍♀️🧷🥹🦄🐯🧸
    • Love
    Reactions: chickpea, PaigeCherubiel, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    Don't let me stop you. :) Although if you see more bunny pins on eBay... MINE!!!! (Actually, there are some pink ones now also. I'm tempted!)
    • Love
    • Haha
    Reactions: chickpea, babybenji, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
    My order of 70s-vintage diaper pins from eBay just showed up. Lots of good stuff in there, but I was especially excited about these (below). They're the closest things I've found to Cottontail diaper pins. You can bet I'll be usin' 'em this next week! ☺️

IMG_2051.jpg
    Northwest Washington wasn't the best place to be for today's solar eclipse. No "ring of fire." Still, we got an ok show. I took this photo a few minutes ago at the point of maximum occlusion:
    Eclipse_10_24_2023_Small.jpg
    • Love
    Reactions: KBoy, AsherDearing, Jorelaxed and 8 others
    Labrador
    Labrador
    That’s very nice! I slept through it, missed it by abut Hal an hour. It was pretty cloudy here all day though.
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    @MiddleJacob Unfortunately, during the 2017 eclipse, I was away from home and had only pair of those disposable eclipse glasses. It was still pretty cool. @Labrador That's a bummer. My sister lives in Eugene and said it was too cloudy there as well. :(
    BobbiSueEllen
    BobbiSueEllen
    I was 20 miles north of Winnemucca, Nevada and it was broken overcast, 70% obscurity. Thankfully, we got peek-a-boo views between the clouds...and some great shots! We were (Edit: "damn" ;)) lucky. 🥳:cool:
    Good morning 🥰
    Reactions: chickpea, babybenji and BobbiSueEllen
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    So far, so good. I hope the same for you! :)
    Reactions: KBoy, chickpea, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
    🥳 Congratulations on your 8,000th Reaction Point! 🥳

Minions.gif
    • Love
    Reactions: AsherDearing, chickpea, cuteingly and 4 others
    SparkyDog
    SparkyDog
    What a milestone 🎉
    Reactions: chickpea, Cottontail, babybenji and 1 other person
    Cottontail
    Cottontail
    How’d I miss this message yesterday?! I must’ve been at the Bank of Evil, securing funding for my next planetary mega-theft. I’m stealing Earth this time. Brilliant, right? I don’t think anybody will even notice. Gwa-ha-ha!
    • Haha
    Reactions: babybenji and BobbiSueEllen
    BobbiSueEllen
    BobbiSueEllen
    I carried a watermelon.

"I carried a watermelon"??? :rolleyes:🤭
    • Haha
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…