How long have you been wearing nappies?

Kellycares said:
I tried my first adult diaper 15 years ago in response to some issues I was having with normal toileting. I immediately knew I enjoyed the many pleasant sensations associated with a diapering, and soon began wearing and using a diaper with ever increasing frequency.

Four years ago, with covid and working from home, realizing by then, that I preferred being diapered, I finally accepted that I needed to wear a diaper when going out; so, rather than always have that mental debate with myself about putting on a diaper, I gave into the desire to wear diapers 24/7.

I’m surprised how easily this lifestyle transition went, and am thankful for how diapers have enhanced my life and wellbeing.
Have you needed to explain why you are diapered to your doctor - if so have they been concerned?

Reactions: lillen and Diprs2
I've been wearing diapers or playing with diapers in one fashion or another for about as long as I can remember. 70 now so prob since about age 8. It was usually cloth diapers or some facsimile thereof. Now with oab/urge incontinence for almost 2 years, I have been wearing disposables every night and usually when I am going out of the house for extended periods.

Reactions: lillen
58 years.

Despite having the desires since my first memory, after my using a bath towel and plastic bag with holes in as a preteen, I ‘forgot’ the interest when sex with females took over.
It wasn't until I got my first home computer in the early 2000s, when I was a married man with three children, that I found adult sized products were available.

I bought bits off the internet and kept my wearing and wetting a secret until my (then) wife discovered a wet disposable in my car.

Around 20 years later and three caretakers down I continue to wear regularly

Reactions: Diprs2
My earliest memories include taking diapers from my brother's room sometime after I turned 4, so I have been wearing them for nearly 50 years. There were periods of no use for months, the longest “dry” spell about 2 years, and other times where I wore 4-5 times per week. Never tried 24/7 for any length of time.

I got my first pack of Depends in 1999. Diapering has improved greatly since then.

About 42 years for me—recreationally, and not 24/7. That includes most of my childhood, during which diapers were secretly worn several times a week on average. Since getting back into diapers as a kid, I think my longest break has been about four months. Those were the first four months of college, during which I was so consumed with the newness of my situation that I didn’t even think about diapers.

Reactions: SoggyRunner, Diprs2 and lilstinkie
The first time I put on a nappy as an adult was 2020. That's when my incontinence problem started, but I've been an AB since before then. I guess it was meant to be.

Been interested in them since I was about 7 but not able to really acquire and wear them regularly until I was about 12-13, I'm 39 now so around 30 years I guess.

Actually aquire and wear them, knowing that I'm an ABDL? I've been doing that for about 15 years.

Last edited:
I was in nappies every night, and sometimes during the day until I was 13, and I finally became dry day and night at around 15. But the bedwetting came back at around age 30. At first it was only occasional, but gradually became more frequent, so I put myself back in nappies (plastic pants and old towels) at night in my mid to late thirties, and have been in them ever since, and I'm now 77. Until my mid 60's I normally only ever wore them at night, but the increasing frequency of daytime accidents meant that I sometimes wore during the day too. Just over four years ago I got prostate cancer, and since the prostatectomy op I have never regained any control, and I'm now in nappies 24/7, and it seems unlikely to ever change.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdale and Diprs2
My incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I'm 81 years old now. So that's 67 years!

Off and on for 30 years and every day for the past several years

I started wearing nappies at the age of 12, I had always wanted to wear them from my first memories. I’ll be 52 in June, so almost 40 years

I been wearing nappies on n off for about 30 yrs. I 1st got involved in it in the 1990s through a ab club run by someone called hazel jones. choice of nappies was limited in those days, and the nappies I bought was through the ab club. things have progressed since then of course, and now as with everything, the choice is over whelming.

Reactions: Brumas94 and sissybaby34
ben0510 said:
I been wearing nappies on n off for about 30 yrs. I 1st got involved in it in the 1990s through a ab club run by someone called hazel jones. choice of nappies was limited in those days, and the nappies I bought was through the ab club. things have progressed since then of course, and now as with everything, the choice is over whelming.
Hazel Jones, now there's a name from the past. I did get to visit her nursery several times and as you have said choice was very limited back then. She was one of very few places where you could by AB items. Looking back the clothing on offer was very homemade, these days the overall quality has increased but she was a front runner in the AB world.

I started buying Goodnites when I was 12. I am 33 now so been at least 20 years in the ABDL community.

I've been fascinated with cloth diapers and plastic pants for about 70 years so that means from the age of 5 to 75. I dabbled in diapers in my twenties and thirties, collecting them and then, deciding that life was short and that this need wasn't going to go away, I've worn and wet every night for the last 30 years and in the daytime for the last five years. Even though the testosterone levels have dropped off, the constant craving to wear diapers is just as strong now as ever.

long enough that I still need them

I don’t remember wearing as a baby/ child, but as an adult 40 years

Back