Do you hide your DL life from your partner or spouse?

Do you hide your DL side?

• Yes

Votes: 82 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 149 64.5%

• Total voters
DLwithacause said:
I voted no because my wife knows about my DL side but reading the other replies I suppose it could also fit under Yes too. I hid it from her for about the first 10 years but eventually bit the bullet and told her. Like a lot of the previous replies she’s not into it but she understands it’s been a long term thing and it won’t go away so she allows me to buy nappies and wear on my own time when she’s out the house or when the kids are in bed etc. She doesn’t want to see it or participate but she doesn’t make a fuss when I make a purchase and hasn’t asked me to stop etc.

i think everyone’s situation is slightly different but if you’re anything like me the guilt and shame can be really hard to deal with as time goes on and I suppose the question you have to think about is the old best case / worst case scenario- if she’s cool with it then you don’t need to hide it anymore and she might even fulfil your fantasy by participating...if she’s not then she could leave you...or you might end up with some middle ground which at least means you don’t have to hide who you are...that’s kinda where I am and whilst it’s not as positive as some others on here it’s a lot better than it was!
How were you able to hide it? For me, I'm soom getting married so it would be extremely difficult to hide them

yfront said:
No, my wife would never accept my diaper lover side, no way. As fate would have it, I'm starting to have real incontinence issues, but I'm not sure how far she will accept that either.
How have you been able to hide it?

CrazySmoker said:
I must... My GF will never accept that.
Have you been wearing them secretly? How did you manage to hide it?

camelion said:
I'm really curious as to how you hide it from your partner.
I did until a couple of years ago and convinced her it helps me sleep thru the night and with anxiety. 😊

Reactions: diaperdude
I told my wife after 10 years of marriage. Been married 20 years now. It didn’t go well when I told her and she almost left, but it’s better now. She still hates it and wishes it didn’t exist, but she knows I wear in my alone time.

• Sad
Reactions: Subtlerustle, SoggyGolfer and NKY2020
camelion said:
Have you been wearing them secretly? How did you manage to hide it?
I gave another opportunity to my ex. It didn't work and actually I'm single.

As for the stuff, It was hidden in my van.

I voted yes because I’m not sure if my girlfriend would approve of my dl side. I’ve had to hide it from my family for so long so I’m kinda use to hiding it since they wouldn’t approve of it. Part of me wants to tell my girlfriend about my dl side that way I don’t have to hide it from her anymore and don’t have to hide some of the websites like this one that I go to from her.

camelion said:
How were you able to hide it?
camelion said:
camelion said:
camelion said:

Well, I think someone should answer your question because it seems like a real issue.
I'm another one from the group that first got married and years later found the courage to tell.
In retrospective, I think I should have told her earlier. It's a matter of trust, and trust is hugely important in a relationship.

It can really be difficult to hide, because diaper cases take a lot of space and after wearing things can get smelly. I hid my diapers in places where I hoped she wouldn't look - e.g. under the lowest drawer of a chest or in a moving box that never got unpacked under seldom used personal stuff. I would only wear when I knew she wasn't around and wouldn't come back for a few hours (e.g. professional meetings). I would dispose of used diapers immediately after.
She did not find out until I told her, but in may case, it was the right decision to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtlerustle
camelion said:
How were you able to hide it for 2 years? I'm curious as I'm getting married soon and the culture I live in, it would be extremely hard to opem up.
My very strong advice is do not get married without telling her first about your fondness for wearing diapers. If you don't tell her, you are in for a lifetime of hurt. I'm sure you know by now that your interest/need to wear diapers for your personal comfort, pleasure and emotional security will not go away, and you will face a lifetime of trying to hide this from your spouse and family. They will find out! You cannot hide it forever, so be honest with her and with yourself now. I do understand the cultural issues that can be very intimidating, but you need to face this head on now. My guess is divorce is even harder in your culture, so what is better-getting married and lying to her until she finds out and then what? Or, tell her now, and live with the consequences. Either she will be understanding enough to go ahead with the marriage or she refuse to marry you and you remain single and diapered.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and 60something
I was already married when I started wearing diapers for comfort. She already knew I started because I injured my back. She didn't mind because it was for medical reasons. She liked changing me for bed and in the mornings most of the time and so did I.
There was a problem. After about a year, I was still wearing diapers and wetting almost always even though I recovered from my injuries. I had become accustomed to diaper and It just felt more natural than wearing panties. I thought she didn't mind since she already knew I wear panties anyways, but it became a big issue which among others led to a divorce.
We were apart for years and I had other partners. I did not hide or the reason wear diapers from any of them. I just didn't bring it up. Inevitably my partners found out and most either scorned or just ghosted me. The I had great relationships with few that did accept me.
It was years later, my ex-wife and I got back together, and I found out the real reason she was angry. It wasn't that I still wore diapers, but I never told her I liked to wear them. Now we live together have a great relationship. We are much more open, but we are allowed to have our little secrets.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
wish i still had my spouse she passed away in march 1 2022 miss her so much

• Sad
Reactions: 60something and BobbiSueEllen
LittleLeeInDiapers said:
wish i still had my spouse she passed away in march 1 2022 miss her so much
hugging-face_1f917.png

Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers
i don't have one to hide my infantilism from but i tend to keep it to myself anyone who knows about the stories understand i write in support of the community which a select few know about

Yes I do. I hid it from my parents and my wife of 23 years. About 10 years ago, my wife discovered my kink and gave me an ultimatum so I quit. It lasted about 5 years and I started back up and is still keeping it secret. It sucks but I don’t wanna stop and I don’t wanna my wife to leave me. Maybe I’ll get caught again and who knows what will happen. I’ve supported my wife thru many stages of our life especially now when she had double mastectomy 2 weeks ago and started the reconstruction. I stayed home for 2 weeks taking care of her wounds, self-care, preparing meals, etc.

My wife I think is the only person who knows I wear diapers. I can’t really remember if it was originally her idea or mine to wear them but she certainly encourages it now and I really enjoy wearing them. She might have told one of her sexual partners but other than that I try to keep it discreet.

My partner and I have been together for 12 years and I have been interested in wearing off and on since I was 10 years old but just a few years ago I finally out grew/didn't find goodnites comfortable because how small they were so I thought to try adult pull ups and she told me if you wanna wear then ur going to wear real diapers and since then I've been diapered every min that I'm not at work and she treats me like a three year old( diapers,onsies,highchairs,baby bedding,pacis bottles,and other things)

I kept it hidden, and I'm glad I did. That's not something I needed thrown in my face at the divorce.
My trust issues saved my bacon there.

I'm so very fortunate. My wife indulges my every wish. I knew my diapers held sway over my life. I'd end up institutionalized without them. I know that's the truth. I had proposed to my wife about a year earlier, and as the date drew near, I tried to give my diapers up. I put it all away ready to throw in the garbage. I kept it though because I had no idea if I could give it up. I truthfully didn't know if I could give them up.
AS the weeks progressed I felt myself slipping lower and lower. My stress level going thru the roof. I was literally in agony. I realized my diaper desires were never going to go away. I love my wife dearly and the thought of saying goodbye to her tore at me. But I knew that if she couldn't accept this odd part of me, it would be far better to part now before I destroyed her and myself in a marital disaster.
We stopped at my place on a date and I told her I had something very difficult to say. I hemmed and hawed. broke down and sobbed with shame and fear of her rejecting me.
After my confession I stood there like a fool. Moments later she looked at me and said, "Is that all?" My God I thought you were going to tell me you were dying. The relief I felt along with the joy I can still feel to this day 45 years later.
that's not to say my ABDL life hasn't caused a ton of issues. Indeed, they do. (or should I say I do). But as time goes on she has embraced my ABDL 100 percent. She even goes so far as pushing me to wear more than I do. Now that's love.....

• Love
Reactions: TheWaddlingDad and BobbiSueEllen
Now that I am older my best advice to anyone in a new relationship is to tell them as soon as the relationship starts to get serious. I've been a DL since I can remember. My wife and I met in high school and I waited almost 17 years to tell her. By that time we were married and had two children. She was not impressed, said she felt trapped and she was angry that I didn't tell her earlier. Now she did stick around and even indulged me a few times with wearing diapers but only a handful of times. She is well aware that I still wear sometimes and have a rather large collection of diapers and ABDL clothing but she just considers it my "hobby". Her biggest fear is that our kids would find out.

I want nothing more than to be with someone who participates in it with me but not sure I'll get that with her. I am also with her in a committed marriage and I'm not looking to leave. I do wonder what would have happened had I told her back before we got engaged. She is not 100% a prude and I wonder if she would have taken a bigger part if we hadn't had children yet. The other side is that maybe she would have just not wanted to peruse our relationship further and thus allowing me to maybe go find someone that would.

All I know is that if I knew then what I know now I would have looked for a woman that accepted and participated in my kink. My DL side won't go away for me and frankly I don't want it to.

• Love
Reactions: 60something
neophyte said:
For you Diaper Lovers who are in a relationship or a marriage, do you hide your diapers and do you keep your DL a secret?

I have been married for 6 years to an amazing wife. I've always been DL but never really wore diapers until January 2019. Since then I've been hiding diapers and wearing them while I am at work or while she is at work. I want to tell her but we are a pretty normal family and I'm afraid this would shock her too much, I tested the waters and I don't think she would accept it.

Whats your story?
I’ve loved wearing nappies for as long as I can remember, I haven’t always been able to, I used to buy the biggest baby nappies I could get and make them fit. 30 years ago when I met my now wife I stopped wearing apart from maybe once or twice a year, but I never stopped thinking about it.
It will be two years this August, one Saturday night after a few wines, I just blurted it out to my wife about my love of wearing nappies and how much I wanted to be wearing again, she was pretty much gobsmacked, but after a few days she could see that it wouldn’t affect us or anyone, she’s not keen on me wearing so I try and keep it for when she’s not here, but I don’t have to hide stuff anymore, it’s probably the best thing ive done telling her, I have a place in our wardrobe for my nappies it’s great

Reactions: TheWaddlingDad
Back