Bedwetters in the house

Neither my brother nor I had bedwetting problems. I mean I am sure we did when we were teeny tiny, but I was out of diapers by the time of my oldest memory. Anyway I started having the occasional accident like 5 years ago, I'd have a spurt of pee. Slowly, and I do mean slowly, it picked up and now I am wet pretty much every night and honestly have no complaints.

Reactions: Diprs2
Growing up I was a nightly bedwetter, where as my sister was dry at two years old

Reactions: Diprs2 and princessarya
I wet the bed until I was 15, my two brothers and two sisters never did.

ARBO said:
Did you have to wear protection or just bed protectors?

Until I was 15 from being about 8 or 9 the bed had a thick noisy plastic sheet and a towel under the bottom sheet to soak up the pee. Following a referral by the doctor the the NHS continence service when I was about 15 my mother was able to get a proper fitted "Sandra" cover for my bed and big blue adult disposable nappies and "Sandra" plastic pants.

Reactions: Diprs2 and sambus
Brother two yrs older also a Bedwetter. He claims to have stopped entirely around age 14, but my mother left the rubber sheet on his bed “just in case “. I know he had periodic accidents because I would see his bed getting aired out. But he stopped wearing night diapers around the age of 14. While I slowed down, I was still wet at night, 40 to 50% of the time and except for about a one year. Or I tried. No diapers, I continued to wear night diapers until I graduated high school.

Squirrely said:
I'm the youngest so can't relate to younger siblings drying up before me but I was for quite awhile the only bedwetter in the house. My older brother and middle sister both stopped when they were 6 or 7ish, but I had issues until I was 14.

My accidents were pretty matter-of-factly handled; teasing wasn't tolerated. My Mom was very supportive and as sly as possible to help me keep it a secret around friends and distant family, she really helped me survive those years, but it was still pretty rough and embarrassing at times.

My older brother (oldest child) would whine whenever we went on vacation or to travel meets where we had to share a bed, me and him would share and then my sisters shared a bed Mom and Dad in their own room/bed depending on the hotel. He would always whine about sharing with me and then tell me not to pee that night but I can't remember ever leaking or anything like that while sharing a bed so I dunno what his fuss was about? Probably just trying to be annoying or I guess not wanting to get peed on lol but I don't think that ever happened that I can remember?
So were you wearing diapers then? Because if so, I'm not sure why he'd be worried about getting peed on.
I remember staying at friends' house one night and sharing a bed with their
oldest boy (about 1 year older than me).
I was maybe 9 or 10 and wore diapers to bed.
Wasn't a problem for him at all.
Just that he thought it was kinda weird seeing a kid that old
wearing a Pampers diaper. But I didn't care so much about that.
We were good friends and still are to this day.

Reactions: Diprs2, Teddy02 and gobphus
I am the middle of 3 kids. My older brother never wet the bed and was fully out of diapers by the time he was potty trained. My younger sister wet the bed for a few years but stopped when she was 5 or so. I however am autistic and wet the bed off and on well into my teens. My siblings would tease me now and then but nothing too bad.

JoeMusic1976 said:
So were you wearing diapers then? Because if so, I'm not sure why he'd be worried about getting peed on.
I remember staying at friends' house one night and sharing a bed with their
oldest boy (about 1 year older than me).
I was maybe 9 or 10 and wore diapers to bed.
Wasn't a problem for him at all.
Just that he thought it was kinda weird seeing a kid that old
wearing a Pampers diaper. But I didn't care so much about that.
We were good friends and still are to this day.
Yes.. but I rarely wore a "diaper" at that age probably was a pull-up which to this day is different from a diaper in my mind.

I wore whatever mom bought for me - either Pull-ups, Easy-ups, or as I got older for a long time like several years it was Underjams and occasionally if they were cheaper she would buy Goodnites and when I outgrew those she got me the Attends 6-tape briefs. They occasionally would leak and I'd wake up with wet pajamas and a soaked pull up so maybe it was something like that but more likely his whining that I remember was just him being a jerk. He never embarrassed me around his friends or told anyone or anything worse and he included me, his 'little brother' in a lot of his activities which felt super cool at the time. All in all a good brother just distinctly remember him always fussing when we had to share a bed.

Squirrely said:
Yes.. but I rarely wore a "diaper" at that age probably was a pull-up which to this day is different from a diaper in my mind.

I wore whatever mom bought for me - either Pull-ups, Easy-ups, or as I got older for a long time like several years it was Underjams and occasionally if they were cheaper she would buy Goodnites and when I outgrew those she got me the Attends 6-tape briefs. They occasionally would leak and I'd wake up with wet pajamas and a soaked pull up so maybe it was something like that but more likely his whining that I remember was just him being a jerk. He never embarrassed me around his friends or told anyone or anything worse and he included me, his 'little brother' in a lot of his activities which felt super cool at the time. All in all a good brother just distinctly remember him always fussing when we had to share a bed.
No pullups in my days of the 80s.
Only plastic backed tape on diapers such as Pampers etc.

Sorry to hear that it went that way for you.
My parents didn't have much understanding for my continuous bedwetting well into my teens,
my brother however just kept a lid on it.
We never talked about it, but I believe that he did very well realize how much of a hassle
that all is for me and he wouldn't pour salt into the wounds.

Reactions: Diprs2 and gobphus
I am the oldest of 3 kids. I was put back in diapers at night for continuous bedwetting at about age 7. My mother would pin on cloth diapers and “rubber pants” every night until I was 13. She told me I was a teenager now and needed to diaper myself now. I was given pampers and plastic pants that I put on ever night. I also had the dreaded white plastic sheet on my bed. My brother and sister never wet the bed or teased me even when I was the first to get ready for bed each night and returning in my diapers to watch tv with the family. My UIC has continued and I am now wear them 24/7.

Stacy said:
Is there anyone that wet their bed as a kid but had younger siblings that didn’t? I’m the youngest of 4, so I didn’t have that issue. I would imagine it would be tough to be in a pull-up at night and know your younger brother wasn’t!! How was it dealt with?
My siblings both older and younger I think were used to seeing me being put into night nappies, because I did and still do wet the bed. My nappy is the protection I have always worn, back then and today.

I have a large family and I am in the middle. Definitely was rough being a bedwetter (well into my teens) and getting teased from all my siblings and cousins about wetting the bed and still being in diapers.

ARBO said:
I wet until I was 17 but my brother and sister didn’t wet past potty training

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric, gobphus and 3 others
I was the oldest sibling (autistic) and I was the only one that wet the bed into their late teenage years. My only full blooded brother stopped wetting the bed before he even attended Kindergarten for the first time, so I was lightly teased about it by him, but he didn't really bother me that much. What affected me the most was my dad destroying my self-confidence over it once my parents got divorced when I was 10-11ish. My half brother on my dad's side potty trained pretty late like I did and wore pullups for quite a long time (4 years old or so until he was 100% in underwear) but I'm not sure if he wet the bed, as he ended up moving out of Michigan with his mom before he even started going to kindergarten. Then I have my one and only sister on my mom's side who struggled a bit with bedwetting, but she also stopped shortly after kindergarten. Then I have my youngest brother on my mom's side, poor little dude didn't fully potty train until he was 10 years old due to his severe down syndrome and autism (a horrible combination)

I was never a fan of how cutting down fluids before bed was a popular solution my dad used, because it never worked. I would end up thirsty and wetting the bed anyway. He thought I was just being lazy, which was not true. There is not any kid in existance that enjoys waking up in a soaked bed, then shifting over to a drier side of the bed to try to sleep the rest of the night. I've been there and I wish it was never an issue. I wish I was put in diapers that actually kept my bed dry, for my own sanity.

hanbanan said:
I wet until I was 17 but my brother and sister didn’t wet past potty training
I'm 26 and I still wet the bed a few times a week, never got any siblings to compete with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude, hanbanan and 1 other person
I am the middle of three kids. I have an older brother who never wet the bed whatsoever, after he was day-trained he had no issues at night. I also have a younger sister. She wet the bed to a "normal" age and I have 1 or 2 memories with us both in pull-ups but that didn't last long. And I wet the bed off and on until I was 15. I still consider myself a bedwetter and wouldn't be surprised if I started again.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, gobphus and 1 other person
I last wet the bed as a young person when I was 23. At puberty bedwetting became involuntarily erotic for me. Maybe that’s why it continued so long for me. It probably was no coincidence that I last wet the bed just a few months before having sex for the first time.

Youngest of kids. I recall seeing my brother in a tee shirt & plastic underpants when he was 7 or 8. I am 3 years younger. I briefly was in training underwear and regular underwear around age 4 - 5 but then the summer of being age 5 I began to wet each night so I was put back in to trainers & plastic underpants (my older brother's hand me downs). I had a brief stint at age 7 with regular underwear but at age 8 it came back to where I wanted to wear diapers / training underwear / plastic underpants at night again for the security and being tired of waking up in wet sheets. I think my brother became dry at night around age 8 so he did not wear plastic underpants anymore. I think he did have a plastic mattress cover on his bed though until age 10 - "just in case". Mine was on my bed until age 11 or 12.

My brother never gave me a hard time even when I was age 10 and wearing only my security undergarments & a tee shirt in front of him & my family at night before bed watching TV. I honestly grew up thinking that wearing protective undergarments up to age 10 or 11 was "semi-normal" for a lot of kids my age. Having a plastic mattress cover on your bed was "normal" up to age 12 or 13. No one ever really talked about it much; comparable to no one sits around talking about each others' underwear either.

Reactions: Diprs2, gobphus and diaperkool
I am an only child. Though I did wet the bed until I was 12, my parents didn't like the idea of wearing a diaper to bed, so I always had wet sheets. I did have a buddy who wet too, and his little sister didn't.

Back