You’re average hyperactive 3 year old
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
So I’m a little new to regression and I’m still exploring the headspace, I know that being fed from a bottle (honeymilk works extra well) puts me into lilspace. But I still find it hard to get into it.

I’ve tried watching cartoons (Bluey and wow wow wubzy), coloring, “faking til i make it”, wearing diapers, it doesn’t really do much. I also find that when i do regress i still have this devil on my shoulder thats just makes me feel like i cant fully go down, i feel safe, but i feel like im not “doing it right” like i know there isn’t a real right way.

Do you guys have any suggestions that would make being little easier either with someone or by myself?

Reactions: PrincessOphelie, VeiledDevotee, Palle and 2 others
I know the feeling really well unfortunately! I think it's best to let it happen naturally instead of trying to force it. I go through that all the time, feeling like I'm on the cusp of regressing all the way but just can't get there. It might have something to do with self-acceptance or self-image not being in the right place at the time too. I wish we had something like a professional regression therapist to help us!

Reactions: Prillprillprill and BBBen
Yeah lmao, the most I know that exists is community support and hypnosis too

I forgot to mention, fragrances really help me out. I'm using WahWash Little One spray and to my nose it's smells just like a nursery. I would also love to get my hands on some of the Pampers/Luvs fragrance being worked on by at least one member here.

Reactions: Eagertail and BBBen
For cartoons, it may help to watch cartoons from your childhood rather than current shows. The familiarity should help you get closer to the feeling you are looking for.

From pretty specific advice, to something more general. It can be hard to get into little space if you're trying to schedule it or force it at all. Especially at first, you should try to just let it happen. When you know you have a day free to just do what you want would be ideal if you can do that. If not a day, then an evening that is just free time.

Reactions: Eagertail, Palle, BBBen and 1 other person
southeastlittle said:
I forgot to mention, fragrances really help me out. I'm using WahWash Little One spray and to my nose it's smells just like a nursery. I would also love to get my hands on some of the Pampers/Luvs fragrance being worked on by at least one member here.
I would second this advice. Baby powder does it for me. There is also this very specific smell that is a mix of cleaning products, paint, and toy plastic I associate with preschool. There are times that I smell something very similar in some office buildings that just hits me hard.

Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear, BBBen and eu38foot
I rub baby lotion on myself before putting putting on my diapers. puts me right into little space.

Reactions: BBBen and southeastlittle
Littlebabyboy said:
I rub baby lotion on myself before putting putting on my diapers. puts me right into little space.
I just recently kind of discovered this and how it makes it feel way more babyish. Which lotion do you buy?

Gwendolyn said:
For cartoons, it may help to watch cartoons from your childhood rather than current shows. The familiarity should help you get closer to the feeling you are looking for.

From pretty specific advice, to something more general. It can be hard to get into little space if you're trying to schedule it or force it at all. Especially at first, you should try to just let it happen. When you know you have a day free to just do what you want would be ideal if you can do that. If not a day, then an evening that is just free time.
Ye wow wow wubzy is a show from my childhood that i loved, i watched a lot of public tv i may look into watching some of that

Littlebabyboy said:
Baby lotion?

Hi @Eagertail
there are many good advices here.
Do all that could activate your baby senses:

feeling of stuffies and special wears (for me a footed pj is a big one which gets me right in littlespace);

smelling baby smells diapers, baby lotion/powder/oil;

eating small snacks and drinking from baby bottle;

hearing lullabies or some kidsstorries;

seeing pastell colours, cartoons, things you only expect in a baby nursery.

But the impirtant think is - you cant pressure littlespace. Its like there isnt a patent against stress. If there are too much adult things in headspace and too much other responsibilities you wouldnt reach littlespace evrytime - but dont feel pressure about that.

For me i could wear openly with my wife - also footed pj / but i realy dont have much days i wear because of very much adult responsibilities. Sometimes there are also things, i wouldnt confront my little side with.
But i know, i need littletime once in a week.

And it seems to be for me, that you need training to be little. Training like putting on a diaper allthough you arent in the right mood to do. Making a baby bottle and prepare space, allthough its was a rough day. With training you allow your brain and body to stay in baby mode - and then you alway realise what misses in your experience. Than do a shopping and be prepared for the next time.

🦕🧸🦖🙋‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: Eagertail and Palle
Eagertail said:
So I’m a little new to regression and I’m still exploring the headspace, I know that being fed from a bottle (honeymilk works extra well) puts me into lilspace. But I still find it hard to get into it.

I’ve tried watching cartoons (Bluey and wow wow wubzy), coloring, “faking til i make it”, wearing diapers, it doesn’t really do much. I also find that when i do regress i still have this devil on my shoulder thats just makes me feel like i cant fully go down, i feel safe, but i feel like im not “doing it right” like i know there isn’t a real right way.

Do you guys have any suggestions that would make being little easier either with someone or by myself?

I could never force it.
Nowadays I put on my overnight diapee, onesie. The mentally prepares me.
Then, when I take the pacifier, and turn of the light, I automatically enter little space...

As many already have said: Find triggers, from all your senses, from your childhood:
  • Visual - as in cartoons or a toy or a picture fromyour childhood...
  • Audible - as in storytelling, childrens songs, lullabies...
  • Tactile feeling - as in a soft blankie or a cuddly stuffie or your pacifier...
  • Smell - as in baby powder or a fresh diaper...
  • Taste - as in your honey-milk bottle - you have the tactile there as well...
  • Mind - as in mental state, do you really want to be a little right now?
I probably missed something, but everything adds up, the more the marrier...

Reactions: Eagertail and BBBen
I find it hard to relax and regress when I'm anxious and stressed from adult responsibilities. Deep breathing exercises help as does laying on my bed with my teddy bear.

Baby smells help a lot. The smell of baby wipes and baby powder stirs something deep within me and always helps awaken my little side.

Reactions: Eagertail, Littlebabyboy and BBBen
Eagertail said:

Hi Kiddo

Have you explored the age range of your inner child? You don't need to wear a diaper to be in Little Space or do any activity that makes you feel unbalanced.

Spending time in Little Space and Regression is more about being in the moment and letting your inner child explore the world around you.

or in other words "NOT ADULTING!"

my suggestion is that you picture yourself as a child, What is that child into and go from there,

hope that is hepfull

hugs

Reactions: Owlzzy, DiaperedTeddyBear, Eagertail and 1 other person
So I also have this issues and I am increasing getting better at managing it. One thing I fight helpful is pushing back at those thoughts of not wanting or enjoying childish things. So when I want to play with my toys or do little activities and I find myself resisting or telling my self it is dumb I will mentally tell myself "It is okay. to like these childish things. There is nothing that says it is wrong or that I can't enjoy them. Just because other people may not or think I should have grown out of them does not mean I have too. It is perfectly fine and okay for me to like and enjoy these things". It may be always that exactly but somewhere along those lines. I will tell myself that even when I am thinking about my little and little space. It has really helped with me being able to accept and go into little space.

Like you coloring, and watching kids cartoons does not always do it for me. I may enjoy it but don't really go into little space. I think everyone is different and just needs to find those things that really help them feel little. I know that for me something that always makes me feel little skipping, hopping, and just moving in those ways that little kids do when they are happy. I feel little every time I do it.

Last thing I have found is sticking with it. Like I will sit and play with my toys for 30 minutes before I really start to slip into little space. During that time I will often be repeating the thing I said above in my head. I will also be activity trying to engage my imagination and create stories. However I also have found that keeping the stories simple helps a lot to. Like my toys need be fighting and trying to the battle because one is the good guy and one is bad guy and that is it just simple. Or the dinosaur is coming to destroy the city, nothing else beside that. It make it easy and more enjoyable.

Finally like others have said sometimes you can get there and forcing it is not going to help. Generally these are times when I have other stress or adult things I need to take care of that prevent me from going into little space. Sometimes the adult needs to take care of things before the little can play.

• Love
Reactions: Eagertail
southeastlittle said:
I just recently kind of discovered this and how it makes it feel way more babyish. Which lotion do you buy?
Yes, buy the johnson & Johnson regular baby lotion in the pink bottle. the vintage stuff is the best I also put baby lotion in my diapers before i put them on. that way inside it smells like baby

These have all been really helpful advice, like to everyone who’s responded so far, really thank yous alot! Im gonna start trying some of the advice that yall gave after i finish schoolwork! Gonna go see if it helps~

Smells are one of the body's biggest triggers. Try a baby powder oil diffuser it's calming and definitely makes a space feel littler

Reactions: BBBen and Eagertail
In my experience the easiest way to get into littlespace is like what @Palle said.

Some other small things that helped me was to put away my phone in another room, and use a physical timer to give myself a set amount of time to get into littlespace. And i went into that set time with a curiousity to learn what it is my little-self wants.

So when that little devil on your shoulder pops up, (as hard as it may be), try and do whatever it is that is throwing up blocker emotions even if for only a couple minutes.

For example i would struggle with wanting to play with my stuffed animals by playing pretend with them and making them talk and stuff. I would get that nagging feeling like I "shouldn't" want to do that. But usually after a couple minutes of pushing through those emotions I'd find myself enjoying it.

Being little for me is more about the mindset than the thing I'm doing. So with time set aside i like to go into Littlespace time with the intention to be curious about everything (even if adult me has already experienced it) and look at things with fresh eyes as if it's the first time I'm seeing something. And then just have fun! Jump up and down, move your body excitedly, make silly noises, be little messy, make a blanket fort, anything that catches your attention for a moment give it a curious and open try.

Some other small things that helped me:
- having alone time (no one else in the house to reduce anxiety)
- telling my partner i need time for littlespace, so the bedroom is my space for x amount of time (also for anxiety)
- having the tiniest bit of alcohol or weed (when i was first starting, don't do this as much now)

But good luck, and have fun! Learning to accept littlespace takes a while (I'm not even all the way there!) and that's okay!

Reactions: Palle and BBBen
flickpuppy said:
For example i would struggle with wanting to play with my stuffed animals by playing pretend with them and making them talk and stuff. I would get that nagging feeling like I "shouldn't" want to do that. But usually after a couple minutes of pushing through those emotions I'd find myself enjoying it.
It can be hard to quiet that inner voice that tells you you're an adult and you're too old to do kid stuff. That's one of the benefits of having kids. You get to play with them and their toys without the self-judgement and you can enjoy it yourself too. I know a lot of dads that love to get on the floor with their kids and play blocks and legos. To see their faces light up when they talk about making blanket forts or carboard box castles, I know they're really enjoying it themselves and it goes beyond just playing with their kids. You don't have to be ABDL to nurture your inner child.

Reactions: BBBen, Eagertail and Palle
Back