Were you still wearing diapers at 10?

Lily12345 said:
I honestly have no idea what the difference was when wet. I never felt too uncomfortable in either when they were wet, although I'd often be wearing the store branded pull ups. But I don't remember that they looked much different and they were both treated as the same thing
Most nappies and pull-ups are probably equal in most ways. Were you always aware when you were wearing and also when you were wet?

Lily12345 said:
I think only once or twice I used them, but it was when parents knew I was protected and therefore I think the detour to a toilet wasn't worth the effort, which meant for an embarrassing chanhe at our destination. Most of the time I never needed them though
When you wore, was it for the trip or for the day?
Did it matter if you were dry or not when you arrived at the destination?

I wet the bed until I was six and was put into Terry nappies and waterproof pants at bedtime by our nanny. My younger siblings were dry before me. I then started wetting the bed again aged 11 and was put into Terry nappy pants and waterproof pants by the matron at school. Wind the clock forward by 50+ years and I am still in nappies.

No, I wasn’t but was already dreaming about it. Sometimes I was wearing a makeshift diaper from towels and sucking on a pacifier from time to time. I have also tried to buy plastic pants and run away after being asked in the shop, how old the baby was. So then I was askimg around some older girls, up to which age the kids wear diapers. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: hersen, sambus and TigerDL
I was potty trained and out of diapers around 4.5 to 5 yrs old, but every now and again, I'd still have pooping accidents. Around age 08, after many spankings and enemas, I too was put back into Goodnites as well for pooping. I hated it at first, cause I was getting a spanking after having the diaper put on me. I remember it too well. I begged to be spanked with my diaper on, but she then slid it down and pulled me back over her knee and spanked me with the belt. This was at 8 years old.

So this is where the magic began for me. I was in the diaper all night and woke up the next morning to seeing it messy. So I was changed and in them for about a month, which was around how many were in a pack back then, for one a night.

Around 10 years old, we moved and my cousin moved in with us. I had started wetting the bed. I was sat down on the couch and asked if I wanted to be put back in diapers. Instead of fighting it and pleading not to be put back in diapers, I said yes, so we went to store and I was once again back in diapers. This time though, it was Goodnites for the day time and Huggies for the night, cause I was still occassionally having pooping accidents at 10.

After that, I was in and out of diapers my entire life, and now, when I'm not working, I'm in diapers almost 24/7 now.

Reactions: Rezzu and FrodoSkywalker
MaximusWolfheart said:
I was potty trained and out of diapers around 4.5 to 5 yrs old, but every now and again, I'd still have pooping accidents. Around age 08, after many spankings and enemas, I too was put back into Goodnites as well for pooping. I hated it at first, cause I was getting a spanking after having the diaper put on me. I remember it too well. I begged to be spanked with my diaper on, but she then slid it down and pulled me back over her knee and spanked me with the belt. This was at 8 years old.

So this is where the magic began for me. I was in the diaper all night and woke up the next morning to seeing it messy. So I was changed and in them for about a month, which was around how many were in a pack back then, for one a night.

Around 10 years old, we moved and my cousin moved in with us. I had started wetting the bed. I was sat down on the couch and asked if I wanted to be put back in diapers. Instead of fighting it and pleading not to be put back in diapers, I said yes, so we went to store and I was once again back in diapers. This time though, it was Goodnites for the day time and Huggies for the night, cause I was still occassionally having pooping accidents at 10.

After that, I was in and out of diapers my entire life, and now, when I'm not working, I'm in diapers almost 24/7 now.
How old was your cousin? Did he ever tease you about being in diapers?

bedwetterdavid said:
How old was your cousin? Did he ever tease you about being in diapers?
MY cousin was 13 months younger than me. He didn't really tease me "much" about it. Though its always interesting with him, always around 8 or 9 pm, he would be down to wearing just a tshirt and underwear in the house. When we would lay in the floor to watch tv, you would see 2 boys. One being him, in a shirt and underwear and me, in a shirt and a diaper, lol. But there was a few times, when we would play cards or something and would bet, my losing bet to him would always be letting me spank and diaper him. It was fun.

Reactions: Rezzu, Lostdiapersboy and FrodoSkywalker
Being a kid with an unpredictable bladder was wild in the late 80’s and 90’s because diapers were so bulky and loud.

I was the third child. Mom was always tired because my dad would be on call at all hours with the Air Force. She was in her “Fuck It” phase of life, and that meant if your son had a finicky bladder, you just put a diaper on him.

Always at night, and sometimes during the day. I think it is wierd that she didn’t also realized that I liked them (or maybe she did, LOL).

Anyway, those diapers also seemed to fit older kids better than the ones now. Though I guess kids were probably skinnier and smaller then as well.

I sure did love the bulk and smell though. But the absorbency was not the best.

One wierd thing is that on the occasions that I had to wear during the day, I remember adults commenting about me wearing, but never kids. Maybe I just don’t remember it right. But I definitely remember my mom’s friends asking her questions as if I wasn’t right there.

They would ask her if I had been injured and stuff like that. One lady my mom went to lunch with said her kid had bedwetting issues too. She told me I was brave to wear protection and that it would eventually go away. That was nice of her.

Going through all of that and not realizing how unusual it was just adds to the list of evidence that I am in some way neuro-divergent.

The only really super embarrassing incident with another adult was when the other adult had a baby and thought it needed a change. The truth was I had diarrhea and had a very rare #2 accident. It is fair to say my mom was possibly more embarrassed than me. She took me to the bathroom to clean me up but had to borrow wipes from the lady with the baby.

Honestly I think if I was a more typical person mentally I would have been traumatized by all of this. But I was seemingly so oblivious, I managed all right.

Reactions: hersen, southeastlittle and Ashton84
Lily12345 said:
I was in night nappies until I turned 13 it wasn't great as my younger sisters were dry by then, and the whole routine was long.

At 10 I was still put in a pull up for any long trips or full days out, where I might sleep or get tired from the long day, which in leggings always made me a little self conscious until I settled
I can relate , my step brother who is 2 years younger than me was already out of diapers very early while i still had to be in diapers at 16 at night for bedwetting. I was diapered on all international trips .

bedwetterdavid said:
Do you think they enjoyed keeping you in diapers? Or was it more that it was convenient for them? Most parents want their child out of daytime diapers as soon as possible because of the cost, but it sounds like yours looked for opportunities to put you back in them. I’d be curious to hear if you’ve ever had any conversations with them about it as an adult, and how they explained it.
Money was never an issue, I think it was more of a control type of thing, they liked to have me dependant on them for my basic neeed. It gave them a sense of importance and power.

bedwetterdavid said:
Fortunately, when I was 11 in my bedwetting hadn’t stopped my mom decided to get adult diapers for me to wear on a road trip we were taking. As embarrassing as it was to be put back in diapers, it was such a relief to not have to wake up in cold wet sheets.
How did your mum introduce you to your new underwear back then? 😅

FrodoSkywalker said:
Anyway, those diapers also seemed to fit older kids better than the ones now. Though I guess kids were probably skinnier and smaller then as well.
I have some of the old Pampers Ultra Maxi Plus (size 4+ today) back then the second largest after the Junior size.
And this Maxi Plus size from 1990 is bigger than current size 8 from the EU (I guess size 7 in US) so they shrank overall.
Back in the days, the difference between Maxi Plus and Junior was the cut of the diaper.

Attachments

• Maxi Plus vs Junior size.JPG
    Maxi Plus vs Junior size.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 20
God no, I wasn't.

But as a bedwetter into my early teen years, I really should've been. It would've been far less humiliating than waking up with wet sheets.

Yes I was, and still am.

bedwetterdavid said:
totally agree! My parents stopped buying diapers for me when I was 8, and for the next three years, I suffered the same misery. Fortunately, when I was 11 in my bedwetting hadn’t stopped my mom decided to get adult diapers for me to wear on a road trip we were taking. As embarrassing as it was to be put back in diapers, it was such a relief to not have to wake up in cold wet sheets.
need thinner diapers when wearing polyester pants.

Back