Do you wet more in certain parts of the day?

SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've been noticing for quite some time now that I wet in the mornings way more than any other time of day.

I wake up wet and will have 3-4 more accidents in the following 2 hours after waking than I do rest of the day.

I wet twice maybe 3 times between lunch & bed time (around 11pm)
So for some reason I wet more frequently in a couple morning hours than rest of the day

anyone else wet more at certain times of day than others?

• Thinking
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2, jaredc3 and 7 others
I pee a lot in the mornings until lunch time. Afternoons are quieter. I need to pee before bed time and then usually twice in the night. My bladder is over active but there is usually a toilet to hand and my night time diaper wearing is for convenience. I do enjoy wearing.

Reactions: craigd1341, Diprs2, queerpeanut and 4 others
Ummm...I Wetmore 24/7. *squees an' crinkletoddlewaddleruns!* 🤭

Reactions: Diprs2, gobphus, Chimera and 3 others
After lunch my wetting picks up. In the morning until lunch. One tena ultra does fine.

Reactions: Jojo54, Diprs2, AJFan2020 and 3 others
In the morning I pee like a horse

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, BigAl2 and 2 others
Before noon I’m leaking like crazy and OAB is going full speed lol

Reactions: Diprs2, gobphus, Lethdale and 4 others
The car crash that resulted in my being 24/7, U-IC caused a fair amount of damage in a very small area that greatly effects when I have releases!

Urinating all starts with the functionality of one's kidneys!! Having health kidneys is the center piece to timing!! I was beyond lucky that my kidneys were not directly affected by the car crash damage. The second item is great health of one's nerves that exist at the L5/S1 spinal cord. I was not so lucky there.

My problem is a combination of variable L5/S1spinal communication getting to the kidneys and a very small bladder as a result of it being stitched back together.

The point of all of that is that each of you will see a different release pattern than I do! But, I believe that each of us who suffered the effect of U-IC have some kind of pattern and as you will see by 'logging' your releases. I started 'logging' after the fourth week home from Hospital. As I became aware that my boys still worked!

My overnight is a crap-shot as I vary from very active to near dry. Morning are very active for me and one of the reasons, I sit on the toilet as part of an extended skin dry-out time(s) in the morning. Afternoon is much lighter and near enough to scheduling with fair ability.

If You Are Not IC, you will not find the information above fully useful in defining your release patterns!!

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, newt and 3 others
Definitely late mornings, it’s all downhill once the caffeine kicks in!

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, SparkyDog and 2 others
now, since I am back on jardiance to try to lower my A1c just a bit more. It is definitely amplifying what used to be mild urge, incontinence, and overactive bladder to the point where I’m having some accidents, and also outright urinating like 10 as much as 20 times in a day from the time I wake up in the morning to write before I go to bed. So I’ve had to go back to using really thicker diapers. At night I usually use thinner diapers because I probably won’t piss nearly as much and there’s a good chance to wake up with a messy diaper anyways. So there’s no point in ruining a perfectly good safari with that. how many diapers I grow through in a day no it’s definitely going to change depending on whether I have to work or not since I only work three days a week and I hang out at home most of the time I’m usually just in thinner diapers while I have them available. when I am out of the house though, I definitely use something thicker and most of the time I add a booster to that also.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, SparkyDog and 1 other person
After taking my diuretic medication after waking Up I wet like crazy for the rest of the morning.
Every morning.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, Edgewater and 1 other person
My output is a direct function of how much I drink (input). With urge U-IC resulting from diabetes, I just get a strong urge that can’t be stopped and I have no feeling of a full or filling bladder.

Days where I don’t drink much, I might change once or twice simply because I pee less. Those are days where I’m busy at work and not drinking a bunch (not advocating for dehydration). Days where I stay hydrated, I’ll have to change 4-5 times. I’ll range from 8-20 voids per day depending on what I’m doing in the day. Regarding the time of day, mornings seem to be a bit busier for my bladder, though drinking normal quantities all day will perpetuate that activity through dinner.

Reactions: Diprs2, SparkyDog, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Most of my wetting is before the afternoon. I wet a lot before lunch and it trails off before afternoon. And I don't wet much in the evening

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, SparkyDog and 2 others
I always try to hydrate. And probably the results mean I pee all the time. So it's not related to any time of the day. I wet heavily all times of the day. Obviously I don't know what happens when I'm sleeping but when I get up in the morning my diaper is soaked. During the day I'm prone for flooding and sometimes flash flood but it could be at any time. And not any specific timing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, Edgewater and 2 others
over night and throughout the morning hours is the normally the heaviest times i wet. morning for some strange reason i can wet like crazy. could be that is the time i am most at easy and relaxed. something else watching a movie either at home or in the theatre i wet like crazy as well.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
I wet significantly more in the mornings than any other time. Though its not surprising to me. I'm always much more thirsty in general in the mornings. Its also when I drink my morning coffee and caffeine is a bladder supercharger. I also take my ADHD medication, which gives me dry mouth, so I'm drinking more water to ease it.

Its the perfect self-created storm. But I weather it so I can actually function at work. And fortunately I almost never flood since my bladder is angry and super over-active, so even though I have more accidents, they're smaller and easier to handle so leaks aren't a big problem.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, Edgewater and 2 others
Caffeine is hitting me super hard in the mornings these days. I think I am going to have to go back on a caffeine diet for awhile to see if I can get things under control.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
I've been noticing for quite some time now that I wet in the mornings way more than any other time of day.

I wake up wet and will have 3-4 more accidents in the following 2 hours after waking than I do rest of the day.

I wet twice maybe 3 times between lunch & bed time (around 11pm)
So for some reason I wet more frequently in a couple morning hours than rest of the day

anyone else wet more at certain times of day than others?
Yes. Very clear it is worse in the morning and gets better in the evening. That is related to my fluid intake i think, but there maybe other reasons as well, like my cortisol is very high in the morning (more than usual) for example and my bladder is many times very "un-pleased" when i was able to hold it during the night. I refer to it as a "humming" sensation, maybe because the bladder was stretched to much.
Same for the findings of Copeptin, which was way to low in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and SparkyDog
Mornings, especially cold mornings.
And early evening....doing dishes...😳

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Pino said:
Yes. Very clear it is worse in the morning and gets better in the evening.
Exact same. Fluid intake related. I tend to be more dehydrated in the evenings so less wetting. It all depends on how much water or other liquids I drink.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, Edgewater and 2 others
LowlyArtichokey said:
Definitely late mornings, it’s all downhill once the caffeine kicks in!
Aha! That must be it! The morning caffeine kicking in. For me, things start very slow in the mornings. Could go dry for quite a while. But as the day wears on, the flood gates open. By evening, I’m always wet and changing frequently.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Back