How did you become incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xjokerx0

Contributor
I was born incontinence, I know when I had to pee but couldn’t hold it long enough to get to the bathroom.

Last edited:
Long story short - I have a disease that is slowly degrading my nerves. Almost completely urinary incontinent now and slowly losing control of my bowels as well 😥

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Needdiscipline, Ghg789987, dl015 and 6 others
Bad interstitial cystitis and a congenital defect in my back has been the main culprit most my life. I have been IC since the early 90's and fulltime diapers or pullups since 95 per my avatar name. But I have some autoimmune stuff making it worse now plus a blown disk at L5 S1 one vertebra above my defect they found about 7 years ago. I won't let them fix because every one I know that had back fusion is worse than when they started. But I have a appointment for a MRI next week to get another evaluation. My leg has been numb for 7 years and now I am numb from my asshole to balls most days for the last 2years sometimes even in the shaft feels numb. The bowel started going south 2 years ago. I just want to make sure I am in no danger of becoming paraplegic. I doubt I will do a lot if its not threatening my spinal cord besides the pain and it can be rough but the bladder IC I dealt with my whole life and I already have had more surgeries than most people will have in 5 lives. Oh well that's life. If I could give it to one of these people that think it sounds like a good time would back pain and numbness too.

• Sad
Reactions: Bodyfluids and furry121
I had prostate cancer and had it removed. Ever since then I've been constantly leaking.

• Sad
Reactions: Bodyfluids
Mine was a story of abuse.

Short version:

I was forced to wear 24/7 by an abusive uncle, and over 4yrs I lost a fair amount of control over my wee wees.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: rainbowrudy and Bodyfluids
Hi,

mine IC is still fresh and i am still looking for the reason, looks very much like problem with my auto-somatic nervous system, maybe my Polyneuropathy got worse. I have got a Video-Urodynamic in July, we will see what the results say.

The symptoms are like OAB with with Urge IC.

Pino

Last edited:
KitsuneFox said:
Long story short - I have a disease that is slowly degrading my nerves. Almost completely urinary incon now and slowly losing control of my bowls as well 😥
Hi Kitsune,

just for interest, is it PNP?

Ulcerative colitis. Its basically open wounds all throughout your colon, and, since your GI tract is basically constantly being abused, it gets a little hard to get to the bathroom in time.
Plus, my diet really does not help with it, since im on a strict diet due to the illness, lest I want to be in a LOT of pain.

Ruptured appendix at age 8. I was incredibly septic, and during the emergency surgery, they pulled a liter of pus from my insides. The surgery itself was super invasive, and caused internal scarring. Imagine blowing a bubble with bubble gum and popping it inside your guts. The scar tissue makes everything stick together, and has been the cause of chronic pain.
Unfortunately, the fix for the scar tissue is surgery, which will undoubtedly cause more scar tissue.
This adhesion (scar) tissue has fused several of my organs together, caused bunching in my intestines, and done a number on my bladder. They believe that my bladder is stuck to my bowels, so when the bowels are doing their wiggly job, my bladder gets squeezed. Over time, my bladder has gotten weaker, and there are less painful spasms, and more big leaks.
My bladder has never been the strongest, but I feel like it has been giving up more and more over the past few years.
I also dealt with secondary bedwetting in my youth following an assault due to PTSD.

• Sad
Reactions: rainbowrudy
I was born this way, I keep thinking God has a plan for me but I haven't figured it out yet..

• Sad
Reactions: puravidadip, rainbowrudy, gadam and 3 others
Altho not officially diagnosed I likely had OAB or maybe just a small bladder when I was very young. Always needed to use the bathroom sooner than others, and could not wait as long as others when I did need to go, even when restricting water intake. When I was 10 I had my appendix removed (an uncomplicated procedure unlike the earlier poster) and it seemed to get worse after that, so it probably had some affect on an enervated area manifesting itself with urgency. Also, the stress and anxiety this added to my life caused.... more stress and anxiety which made it all worse.

Last edited:
LimeBloodedNoir said:
Ulcerative colitis. Its basically open wounds all throughout your colon, and, since your GI tract is basically constantly being abused, it gets a little hard to get to the bathroom in time.
Plus, my diet really does not help with it, since im on a strict diet due to the illness, lest I want to be in a LOT of pain.
Gastrointestestinal issues are the worse. I have some IBS and Gastroparrisis. It can be very rough. I have a family member with UC. And a friend in high school that had to have her colon removed because of it. That was when in high school. It's just not fair that some people have to suffer with stomach and bowel issues. I woke up this morning after about 4 hours of vomiting last night I finally got to sleep and woke to a loaded diaper full of loos stool. It's become to frequent for sure. But the bloating and nausea I go through are the worse. When I do get a strong urge to poop it gets intense fast and will be so painful like I am holding in a huge fart and it hurts so bad to hold it and the longer I do the more it hurts. It last about 45 seconds to a minute and a half and then I cant hold it and have to let it out. Most times I mess on the way to the toilet when it happens. Lucky for me it's not everyday yet but it gets worse. I have a whole bunch of other issues but this is what is kicking my ass the worse at the moment. I would not wish this on anyone. The bladder issues I have I some what explained above and why that I had been told.

Prostate issues and 2 really bad cases of Keto Acidosis, and bladder cancer.

Mine is still TBD, but there are a few possibilities. The most likely suspect is the medicine I was taking. I thought it was for the PTSD for the war, but it was for a misdiagnosis. The medicine badly effected my sexual health and I noticed loss of control, both bladder and bowels, gradually over time. My psychiatrist never really explained what they were specifically for and never said anything to counter what I thought they were for. Looking into it recently, corruption might be possible as pharmaceutical industry reps often come to the VA. Bribery? My internist (who I trust more) says that theory is likely. Other possibilities include the PTSD, narcissistic abuse that I sustained periodically after leaving the Army, TBI, all of the above, none of the above or any combination in between.

• Sad
Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, 2012Stroke and furry121
After 8 turps and 10 urethrotomies the urethral sphincter got damaged and super sensitive.
In time this caused over active bladder and also retention from heavy spasm contractions at urge
After meds, Botox, long term Foley catheterization they first wanted to give me a urostomy derivaten through the belly button i would have to intermittent catheterize.

I refused , went elsewhere and was offered a partial sphincterotomy. Because it grew back together they had to redo it twice, the last time they took everything away

TexasToast11 said:
I was born this way, I keep thinking God has a plan for me but I haven't figured it out yet..
maybe you should have a plan for you

mine is a combination of autism and ehlers danlos syndrome

• Love
Reactions: KenBear and Kaliborio
I was always on the edge my whole life I wore at night till I was 17... When I was in my mid 30'S I was diagnosed with Lupus, then a few year later I was I the hospital with a lung hemorrhage that was from Vasculitus, the vasculitus has caused me to develop peripheral neuropathay that lead to incontinence.... I get treated every 6 months with chemotherapy to help keep my immune system suppressed...

Last edited:
I refuse to believe in the theory of gods "plan" or the "this is all some kind of test"

No God makes people suffer for almost half of their life's and then die (e.g. My mom)

Or getting sexualy abused = me
-> why I started to wet the bed again from that day on. My former therapist with whom I talked about this mentioned that the result (bedwetting) is quite common. Soon it will be the 5th year.

Nevertheless I still believe in God (though I stopped going to church.)

Last edited:
Reactions: gadam, GeorgeG, Lyokodl and 2 others
Spinal cord injury leaving paralysis from C6/7 neurological level.

Reactions: KenBear
I have a ruptured L5-S1 disc at the base of my spine that has caused my bladder and bowel incontinence. I will be diapered 24/7 for the rest of my life.

Reactions: gadam
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back